Review Good/Bad vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Good:
Brayden Cook’s decision making and skill level

Luke Nankervis is elite

Dawson’s first qtr was as good as it gets

Jordon Butts is playing really well

Schoenberg made excellent decisions with ball in hand and proved he belongs in the side

Smith played well I thought, although he almost always does in 90+ wins

Sholl - see Smith, but tbh I thought Sholl’s ball use was questionable

Crouch was very good

Berry didn’t impact as much as he should have with ball in hand, but I’m genuinely not sure I’ve ever seen a better tackler. Good luck breaking out of one of those

Jones kicking 3 must surely have been paying 1001.0 - nice to see him impact a game and hopefully gain some confidence

Bad:
West Coast taking the piss away from home

Laird and O’Brien’s decision making

Rachele getting caught holding the ball a minimum of 3 times in situations where high quality players should not be getting caught holding the ball. Plus dropping uncontested chest marks.

Tex took the piss a bit too much

Keane seems to morph into a complete lair every now and then

Hinge lost his mind a few times

Ugly:
Watching Sholl try to tackle a human person or halve a one on one aerial contest

Our draw from here on is savage

Great:

Scholl - 34 disposals. Proving the haters wrong. Best game of his career?

I laughed at the Port supporters who claimed that Todd Marshall had finally arrived as an AFL player after his performance against the Kangaroo's yesterday.

Sorry but I'm doing the same here.

Yep. Can't take anything out of that game at all

West Coast were dreadful and offered no opposition or pressure whatsoever.

The only time our players would face less opposition is an As vs Bs game at training
Plenty on this board thought we might actually lose that though, Eagles just came off their best win in 3 years and haven’t really been blown off the park all year. First quarter is the best quarter we’ve played all season.

Best part about this win is grinding them into the ground early and then not giving them an inch to get back into it.

I laughed at the Port supporters who claimed that Todd Marshall had finally arrived as an AFL player after his performance against the Kangaroo's yesterday.

Sorry but I'm doing the same here.
I’ve mostly been a Sholl questioner in recent times but he’s definitely improved this year

Contract year, mind you

Should have rested Tex against WCE. Maybe they were toying with the idea but in the end they didn't.
Why ? ....and how do you know they were toying with the idea of resting Tex ? .....where's the evidence, or just madeup ****

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I vaguely remember a guy called Dream Team Buff (or something like that) beating everyone to the punch before the game had ended every week, back in the day
Oh lawd. I remember that guy. Took it real serious and got rather upset when he got pipped. I think at one point he was putting up gameday threads the night before. 😅

Anyway: go Crows. Dawson beast.

Can't take much out of that, the opponent completely no showed. Thought basically everyone played their roles today so no one much in the bad category & that's probably reflected in the fact we never let up & won by 99. That's probably the main important thing, we didn't cruise to a basic 40-50 point win or sink down to their level.

Next week against Hawks is probably pretty close to make or break for our slim finals chances. They're in good form & at home, plus our last few meetings have been real arm wrestles.

Plenty on this board thought we might actually lose that though, Eagles just came off their best win in 3 years and haven’t really been blown off the park all year. First quarter is the best quarter we’ve played all season.

Best part about this win is grinding them into the ground early and then not giving them an inch to get back into it.
The Crows did what they had to do.

West Coast were so abysmal the game was over 20 minutes into the first quarter.

We even switched off for a bit but even then West Coast couldn't get anything going.

They were completely flogged by Collingwood 2 weeks ago and by GWS and Port earlier in the year. If they played like last week there would have been a contest, but the witches hat version showed up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back