Expansion Good Friday Football is here!

Remove this Banner Ad

agree.

remove easter from the holiday schedule and replace it with something more up to date and relevant.

remove it yes, it does not need to be replaced by anything. What excuse for a public holiday would you suggest is relevant and up to date, that the whole country would recognise and accept, involving Friday and Monday??

remove it yes, it does not need to be replaced by anything. What excuse for a public holiday would you suggest is relevant and up to date, that the whole country would recognise and accept, involving Friday and Monday??

feast of maximum occupancy? dunno.

what i do know is that ppl need a break. i'm sure there are many events/people worthy of recognition.

the us have a holiday for martin luthor king.

brings up a pretty good question actually.

I would love to see it replaced by Science day. A national day of reflection about great scientific discoveries that have changed, improved and extended our lives. The scientific method, the great personalities and stories...people and events like football matches can raise money to charities paying scientists to work on advancement in areas like cancer research, or food production, or renewable energy.

We pride ourselves on being the clever country, I think it can be enshrined in a holiday.

I would love to see it replaced by Science day. A national day of reflection about great scientific discoveries that have changed, improved and extended our lives. The scientific method, the great personalities and stories, and people can give money to charities paying scientists to work on medical advancement in areas like cancer.

science day on the friday, sickie on the monday.

problem?

Look guys. It's nothing to do with it being a religious day. That's just what they all hide behind.

Demetriou and the AFL want the day off.

AFL commentators want the day off.

The media want the day off.

They don't care about the fans wanting a game!

We are a secular society. I'm tired of Christians imposing their beliefs on me. I don't give a s**t about good friday. Play the god damn game.

We are a secular society. I'm tired of Christians imposing their beliefs on me. I don't give a s**t about good friday. Play the god damn game.

sorry you are constipated
you may not care about GF, but why not think about what you say and WHY this
holiday exists, look past your own nose, it's not all about a game of footy and what you want.

I find it interesting these days it's the secularists that that forcing their views down everyone's throats - especially around Easter and Christmas...

I find it interesting these days it's the secularists that that forcing their views down everyone's throats - especially around Easter and Christmas...

It's also interesting that if we took away the holiday on the Holy Day (?), many would just sooner have it back the way it was.
We're just a little hypocritical at times.

I'm all for us to stop pretending that one day is somehow more important than another and I'd be happy for us to lose the holiday for it.
I don't like the Easter Bunny anyway.

1 game of the year, ****ing have a sook the lot of you. I'm not even religious anyway, but its 1 ****ing game. Hope good friday football never comes in just the piss everyone off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not forcing my beliefs on you. You're happy to do or not do whatever you like on your day. I don't want to have to be beholden to your whims. How that constitutes forcing beliefs on anyone, I don't know. You can have your day. Just don't force me to play by your rules. I don't ask for no football plus special treatment on the birthday of Charles Darwin.

I suggest retaining the public holiday, renaming it to Festivus and allowin footy and shopping to go on like say Queens Bday.

I'm not forcing my beliefs on you. You're happy to do or not do whatever you like on your day. I don't want to have to be beholden to your whims. How that constitutes forcing beliefs on anyone, I don't know. You can have your day. Just don't force me to play by your rules. I don't ask for no football plus special treatment on the birthday of Charles Darwin.

I suggest retaining the public holiday, renaming it to Festivus and allowin footy and shopping to go on like say Queens Bday.

The problem is that Australia IS a Christian country. If it wasn't, we wouldn't have public holidays on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Christmas. No one can argue that Australia is a Christian country. If the AFL don't want to play a game for 1 friday night in the whole season (taking out the first round) then so ****ing be it.

Stop having a ****ing cry

The problem is that Australia IS a Christian country. If it wasn't, we wouldn't have public holidays on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Christmas. No one can argue that Australia is a Christian country. If the AFL don't want to play a game for 1 friday night in the whole season (taking out the first round) then so ****ing be it.

so, which is it? :confused:

You think pakistan have public holidays for Christian events? No

We are a Christian country, whether you like it or not. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like religion but has a brain, unlike yourself

so australia is a christian country because we have public holidays on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Christmas?

that's your argument?

That's a pretty good argument, also our PM's have regularly gone to Church, never seen them at a Mosque. Gillard went to Church even though she's an atheism, because its what Australian people wanted. Not me but the majority

so australia is a christian country because we have public holidays on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Christmas?

that's your argument?

Australia is a secular state, but the most popular religion is Christianity.

The majority of Australian customs either derive from or are heavily influenced by Western European traditions, which are largely influenced by Christianity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back