Fixture North Melbourne v Carlton very close to being a sellout. The AFL must make this Good Friday Fixture Permanent

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno what the ratings will be this Friday but generally they're s**t. A lot lower than normal Friday night footy ratings.

What's pissed me off is that in the past the AFL has scheduled 2 games on Good Friday, and for some reason this year they haven't.
It is not a Friday night game. Twilight time.

Carlton are premiership contenders?
What date is it today, 5th or 1st?
Did the earth reverse poles or something?
WTF is going on ?

Being in “premiership contention” is something Collingwood supporters invented to feel better about falling short time and time again.

Everyone is contending for the premiership.

Being in “premiership contention” is something Collingwood supporters invented to feel better about falling short time and time again.

Everyone is contending for the premiership.
Disagree.

Essendon haven't contended since 2002.

I am sure Collingwood allowed Melbourne to be the home team on Queens Birthday for several years.

Someone will correct me if I am mistaken.

Sometimes it is ok to help the smaller clubs.

Collingwood and Essendon share the gate on Anzac Day so it doesn't matter which team is the home team from a revenue perspective.

Essendon v North on Good Friday was a sellout years ago.

If you can’t sell out a game of footy at Marvel Stadium on a public holiday in Melbourne you’re doing a lot wrong.
Did we? The crowd was only 48k.

Not in our top 20 crowds at the venue.

It is not a Friday night game. Twilight time.

I know that, but whether it's that reason or something else, the ratings are generally rubbish. Certainly nothing that warrants a blockbuster label.

The AFL would be better making it a night game if they want more people watching.

I know that, but whether it's that reason or something else, the ratings are generally rubbish. Certainly nothing that warrants a blockbuster label.

The AFL would be better making it a night game if they want more people watching.
What do people do in wa on good Friday? All I ever end up doing is drinking or looking for a bottle shop that's open. A game in the arvo and/or night will always rate well

What happened to the walk up general admission they communicated about?
there will probably be about 500 seats left for walk up afl members, i assume.

but then the final crowd will probably be 7k short of capacity like sellout games at docklands usually are (medallion club not showing up)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there will probably be about 500 seats left for walk up afl members, i assume.

but then the final crowd will probably be 7k short of capacity like sellout games at docklands usually are (medallion club not showing up)
I went to a 'sell out' that only had 33k.
Medallion club was empty and the home fans (think it may have been stkilda) didn't turn up

This game will be similar

Carlton are premiership contenders?
What date is it today, 5th or 1st?
Did the earth reverse poles or something?
WTF is going on ?
St Kilda are top of the ladder and their fans are out and about - boasting about their obvious superiority and chest puffing like no tomorrow clearly they together with Caringbush will be the GF teams for 23! No doubt just ask St Kilda posters like you....

You are welcome.

St Kilda are top of the ladder and their fans are out and about - boasting about their obvious superiority and chest puffing like no tomorrow clearly they together with Caringbush will be the GF teams for 23! No doubt just ask St Kilda posters like you....

You are welcome.
St.Kilda will drop off be lucky to make finals. Aint competing for a flag. But guess what Knackers? Neither are carlton lol. But keep dreaming.

I can see what's happening. The AFL has now introduced a "big club" in Carlton as rival for the Kangaroos rather than the Bulldogs or Saints.

Next the AFL will say "wow, that was successful at Marvel stadium. Imagine if it was two big clubs playing each other."

Next thing you know the fixture will become Carlton vs Essendon at the MCG.

St.Kilda will drop off be lucky to make finals. Aint competing for a flag. But guess what Knackers? Neither are carlton lol. But keep dreaming.
Leaving Ben Schwartz GIF by Space Force

That was a quick back peddle from you eh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back