Good luck Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

Given that we had a choice between him & Mrouch, I don't see any problems with the decision they made. There are only so many slow inside midfielders you can have in the team, and Lyons was surplus to requirements. Given the choice between Mrouch & Lyons, I would have chosen Mrouch back then, and I'd still choose him now.

Except that was never the choice, it’s just something you’ve invented to try and explain your error.

Given that we had a choice between him & Mrouch, I don't see any problems with the decision they made. There are only so many slow inside midfielders you can have in the team, and Lyons was surplus to requirements. Given the choice between Mrouch & Lyons, I would have chosen Mrouch back then, and I'd still choose him now.
You always backed the selectors pecking order. You know what happened to them right?

Did Lyons win the 2020 Brownlow already? Hopefully he thanked Campo in his acceptance speech.

You say this as a joke but Jarryd Lyons finished 3rd at Brisbane in the Brownlow with 13 votes, just one less than our highest place (Brad Crouch with 14)

I have a problem with the decision because the real choice was Mrouch/Lyons versus Mrouch/Poholke!

I have a problem with the decision because the real choice was Mrouch/Lyons versus Mrouch/Poholke!
Or was it was B Crouch/Lyons versus B Crouch/MCrouch, Pohokle was in the side due to injuries.
Or maybe it was CEY vs Lyons, Maybe Sloane vs Lyons, And we can go on and still not resolve the issue.
Personal I believe the Club and Lyons differ on what his value was.
To me it the same as Greenwood, Keath, Jacobs etc. all offered contracts But they wanted a better deal. and left the club.
End of the Day it will not help us win against Sydney.

Last edited:
Or was it was B Crouch/Lyons versus B Crouch/MCrouch, Pohokle was in the side due to injuries.
Or maybe it was CEY vs Lyons, Maybe Sloane vs Lyons, And we can go on and still not resolve the issue.
Personal I believe the Club and Lyons differ on what his value was.
To me it the same as Greenwood, Keath, Jacobs etc. all offered contracts But they wanted a better deal. and left the club.
End of the Day it will not help us win against Sydney.
Certainly was a litte disappointed in the clubs offer, was a little deflated and thought he was not valued

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't though.... Said Petrenko would never get to 50 AFL games. Played 76
Sure but that's really down to our own incompetence at developing/recruiting small forwards at that particular time. Petrenko never should have played that many games, especially not as a small forward. He literally used to look scared when taking set shots.

Except that was never the choice, it’s just something you’ve invented to try and explain your error.
I think his argument collapses a bit if you consider that Thompson pulled a Ricky Ponting and over stayed his welcome by about 1 or 2 years. A better run outfit would have given Thommo the tap on the shoulder way sooner.

Last edited:
Jarryd Lyons was delisted on 31st Oct with a year left on his contract, and pick up a day later on the 1st Nov as a delisted free agent by Brisbane
He was happy at GC, It has been reported that in the exit interview it was mentioned he will not be granted a spot in the best 22.
However, he was offered a 3 year deal by Brisbane with possible Coaching Development future, it's was then reported he went to GC and ask to be delisted. And as History shows us they were happy to delist him as he was not in Dew's Plans for the Future.
The bonus was his Brother was playing at Brisbane.
This is pretty close.

There was also a lot of talk on the GC board about a falling out between Dew and Lyons, and that Dew might have a few man management issues he has to work on.

Just though id pop in and wish the Crows a good successful 2020 campaign. Im not a biased Port supporter id rather see SA as a whole succeed and rub it in the faces of VIC. Any genuine banters in here?

Last edited:
Just though id pop in and with the Crows a good successful 2020 campaign. Im not a biased Port supporter id rather see SA as a whole succeed and rub it in the faces of VIC. Any genuine banters in here?
Who do I hate more...Port fans or Victorians?
WideeyedNegativeBinturong-size_restricted.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back