Roast Grumpy Old Thread II - the grumpiness continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Which ad is this?
The Coles as seems to be the culprit

It appears to be behaving better now. Earlier the site menu wouldn't load until the add completed the stuff it does.

But I may have spoken too soon. The page seems to freeze while some background process is occurring.

Probably Coles attempting to contact Cambridge analitica to find out more about ms ;)

Last edited:
Which ad is this?
To provide a bit more info...

On Android (not sure about other platforms), the ads which place a border around the site are still stealing focus. If a menu is open such as alerts, when the ad imposes itself, the menu list will become hidden. Touching the alert bell again will close (the hidden) menu list, then if the bell is pressed again after the screen is rendered the menu list will appear visibly.

Aaaggghhhhhh!!!!

Where's my dark mode gone?
Forum style has been updated. Just revert to Dark as you did before.

1711872441560.png

(on mobile you may need to rotate your phone to landscape to see the lightbulb icon)

or open the 1711872470368.png nav at the top left and

1711872383155.png

Turned dark mode on, but the forum just looks kind of weird.

Cant place my finger on what it is.

Maybe all the fonts have been bumped up a point or something?
It's possible, I'll check again. I believe I increased the small font for quoted posts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's possible, I'll check again. I believe I increased the small font for quoted posts.
Just turned my actual browser down to 80% and it looks more normal.

Also, everything under the username being underlined looks really weird.

Ok. I had disabled auto rotate but I turned it back on and found dark mode so it's fixed.

I will check the hamburgers as well, just to confirm it's there.

Ok. It is there. I didn't scroll previously.
Please confirm there are hamburgers

In dark mode the Font colour is ****ed
Devington says he's frustrated with the new look too.

This is what it looks like for me. Are you seeing the same?
Screenshot_2024-03-31-19-48-29-72_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

By the way, this site is freezing and spluttering to a halt for about 20 seconds every three minutes. Anyone else getting that?

It could be ads or maybe my ad bl0cker for all I know.

View attachment 1945642

By the way, this site is freezing and spluttering to a halt for about 20 seconds every three minutes. Anyone else getting that?

Yes that is what I see

Made in “New Zealand” or from China?

I used to share a flat with a bloke from Dunolly. I reckon there’s still some gold in that little dry creek along Avoca Road.
Had a mate lived in Bet Bet, there's still gold to be found .... now he's in New Guinea ..... On a different note SonofSamsquanch, and quite anti grumpy old - after our hospital visit way too early Tuesday morning ... my best little mate and I dropped in a chocolate Easter bunny each for the Doctor and Nurse in charge, and a box of choccies for the night shift ... :cool:

View attachment 1945642

yes between trying to dodge the constant barrage of pop ups,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back