Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

If that's your position he shouldn't be anywhere near ALF..
wicrau.jpg

There were 22 players with stats for the Peel reserves and then H.Bennell with 0. The listing won't count as they would have to play one short ala Balic last year. It seems legit that he was going to play half a game of ressies and then got pulled at the last minute.
Think he went surfing...

Interesting in the mid week interview Ross laid out the hopeful plan of Harley playing a few games at Peel and maybe a couple towards the end at AFL level and then qualifying to play some finals with Peel.

What I took it from that plan was that there's no expectation of Fremantle thinking they could be playing finals in the AFL, even though its mathematically possible to win 6 out of the last 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty s**t behaviour by FFC to name Harley knowing he won't play. Once again they treat the WAFL with disdain. The WAFL should really tighten up the rules who can play finals. Last year was a joke, this year not looking much better.

Pretty s**t behaviour by FFC to name Harley knowing he won't play. Once again they treat the WAFL with disdain. The WAFL should really tighten up the rules who can play finals. Last year was a joke, this year not looking much better.
yeah nah, had no impact on the game at all. also it's ressies, WAFC couldn't care less

Harley Bennell will draw more of a crowd so I don't think WAFC will care at all.

FFC are playing within the rules. If it was a problem they would have changed it after Balic last year.

yeah nah, had no impact on the game at all. also it's ressies, WAFC couldn't care less
Its all about who can play finals. You should have to play to qualify. The WAFL needs to tighten up on it. Last year it was Balic, this year its Bennell. Its wrong and shouldn't be allowed. I thought our club had some morals, I was wrong. They are no better than the flogs up the road.

Its all about who can play finals. You should have to play to qualify. The WAFL needs to tighten up on it. Last year it was Balic, this year its Bennell. Its wrong and shouldn't be allowed. I thought our club had some morals, I was wrong. They are no better than the flogs up the road.
From a WAFL perspective I somewhat agree but FFC aren't doing it to win Peel another premiership (just like they weren't last year). They are doing it because they want to pump some game time into their players before the end of season. Harley needs to gel with his team mates and playing at Peel for an extra few games will help just like it helped with Balic.

From a WAFL perspective I somewhat agree but FFC aren't doing it to win Peel another premiership (just like they weren't last year). They are doing it because they want to pump some game time into their players before the end of season. Harley needs to gel with his team mates and playing at Peel for an extra few games will help just like it helped with Balic.
I want to see Bennell play as much as anyone. But if you don't have rules for the WAFL(which are already way too loose..) what does the league become?

BTW, thanks for replying and distracting me, I was about to cancel my membership over this, but now I've had a deep breath and have somewhat gotten over it...another 20 years of pain here we come!

But if you don't have rules for the WAFL(which are already way too loose..) what does the league become?
They do have rules.They're the ones we've complied with.
Bit like saying I've only just got enough cards to play poker.
5 cards is normally the minimum and maximum for most poker games I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back