Has The Treloar trade already backfired for Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

DaVillaBlues

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Aug 3, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New England Patriots, Man City
Not so much in getting AT who probably would be in the top 2-3 of The Pies B and F after 4 games, but more so the fact they have given up their first round pick this year (which is looking like a top 4 pick, with the Pies looking like a bottom 4 team)

And btw, this isn't like the NBA where future draft picks can be protected, GWS will be getting that pick from the Pies, no matter where Collingwood finishes.

It seems to me that Nathan Buckley's coaching ability aside, that The Pies rebuild/list regeneration hasn't gone as well as most people, esp Pies fans thought, and whilst I don't think it was wrong to get Treloar, giving up 2 first rounders, esp this year's was, and unfortunately it is going to help a growing young force in GWS get even stronger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, no way. Treloar is an absolute gun and will only improve, a tidy player and someone you can build a midfield around. He's also, what, 22? 23? Ultimately he'll end up being in the top 10 midfielders in the league for a few years.

Buckley is just a s**t coach. Simple. And their CEO has a man crush on him so nothing'll ever happen. This is how you create a toxic, long term stagnant culture around a club, ala Richmond, St Kilda, Freo's looking that way now.

From memory, they keep the pick if it's inside the top 5
I thought similar but all I can find is articles saying it was considered. Not that its introduced.

I thought similar but all I can find is articles saying it was considered. Not that its introduced.
My mistake then. Could have sworn that was part of it

Its Jarrod Witts' fault. If he just went GWS we would have only given up one first rounder.

Nah, no way. Treloar is an absolute gun and will only improve, a tidy player and someone you can build a midfield around. He's also, what, 22? 23? Ultimately he'll end up being in the top 10 midfielders in the league for a few years.

Buckley is just a s**t coach. Simple. And their CEO has a man crush on him so nothing'll ever happen. This is how you create a toxic, long term stagnant culture around a club, ala Richmond, St Kilda, Freo's looking that way now.
Nailed it!:thumbsu:

I think the president would eventually sack Bucks if we continue to deteriorate and there's no way back but personally it should be done sooner rather than later. It will mean our season is effectively over if it isn't already, but this current situation cannot go on for too much longer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back