Have there been any players who haven't shined until they got to their third club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Steven Taubert finished fourth in a Brownlow at Sydney after playing without distinction at Essendon and Richmond.

Craig Davis kicked 251 of his 360 goals at Collingwood (Carlton, North then on to Sydney afterwards).

Darren Jolly was AA squad and premiership ruck at Collingwood (Melbourne, Sydney)

John Barker played his best footy at Hawthorn (Fitzroy, Brisbane) and won their goalkicking in 2001.

Jarrod Molloy was runner-up in a Collingwood b&f (Fitzroy, Brisbane). Tony Woods similar at Hawthorn (Fitzroy, Collingwood).

Peter Schofield won North's goalkicking in 1959 after 22 games at Richmond and Melbourne.

Yeah, I have to challenge this too. It doesn't fit with the purpose of the thread. Molloy and Jolly were both pretty good players before they came to Collingwood.

His first couple of seasons at the Cats were arguably his best. Yes he got delisted last year and re-rookied, he has been decent this year although he is showing his age now.

I think Caddy definitely fits the criteria, he was good without being great at Geelong. I'd say his 2017 was similar but in 2018 he was borderline AA for much of the year.

Harry Taylor made Lachie Henderson look very young last night. Gotta be Taylor's last year. Not sure they can lose Henderson and Taylor in the same year. Kolodashnij and Henderson both better than Taylor, so it's not too much of a problem area.

Harry Taylor made Lachie Henderson look very young last night. Gotta be Taylor's last year. Not sure they can lose Henderson and Taylor in the same year. Kolodashnij and Henderson both better than Taylor, so it's not too much of a problem area.
I think they both need to go. We have plenty of talls and medium defenders in the team, we needed someone like Clark last night, watching the defenders move around at a glacial pace was maddening

Well Martin Pike did shine with his 3rd Club at North Melbourne
Was the player i thought of. Wasn't a hack at his first 2 clubs, more discipline issues/attitude.

Would have stayed at North longer, but I think he turned up to training in less than ideal condition and told Pagan where to go, and that ended his career at North. How many players won a flag at their 3rd and 4th clubs?

He has more premiership medals than nearly everyone else in this thread combined!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back