Hawkins and Duncan

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't talk if I were you. Your club doctor was negligent in the '89 Grand Final. Cheers, goodbye.

I have no idea what you are talking about but you proved my point about doctors not being beyond reproach - good for you

How would we know, so much smoke and shadows behind the windows

Point being though that no one is beyond reproach although we are no doubt clutching
I'm not suggesting that no doctor ever does something wrong

I am however suggesting that's it's incredibly unlikely that a doctor would lie, to suspend a player, because their part time employer wanted them to, despite massive ramifications.

I am however suggesting that's it's incredibly unlikely that a doctor would lie, to suspend a player, because their part time employer wanted them to, despite massive ramifications.

I think those positions would be highly competitive and coveted, so while not in the conspiracy camp I can imagine how a doctor might feel pressured.

I did say we were clutching

It is though difficult to understand how they arrived at medium contact

I've got to go lie down - this is a cats player I'm batting for. The world is now officially off kilter

I think those positions would be highly competitive and coveted, so while not in the conspiracy camp I can imagine how a doctor might feel pressured.
They're not really. It's more hard to find people to fill them, most docs/physios would earn more working the same hours at a clinic. Half only stay for short periods to "get a name for themselves".

I've got to go lie down - this is a cats player I'm batting for. The world is now officially off kilter
Yeah I'm just not sure why you'd defend it if it's clutching

"In summary, due to a previous poor record, his two-match sanction is increased by one further game to three matches and he can accept a two-match sanction with an early plea" MRP

And that in itself is ridiculous. 2 games for THAT incident and another due to previous record! Anyone would think he crippled someone. The penalty does not match the crime!

And that in itself is ridiculous. 2 games for THAT incident and another due to previous record! Anyone would think he crippled someone. The penalty does not match the crime!
"Overly emotional"

They're not really. It's more hard to find people to fill them, most docs/physios would earn more working the same hours at a clinic. Half only stay for short periods to "get a name for themselves".

Fair enough. I don't know either way, so I can't really argue with you. I'll assume you know that for a fact.

Although I do know that the allure of a football team can override monetary concerns. Plenty of examples of that.

Fair enough. I don't know either way, so I can't really argue with you. I'll assume you know that for a fact.

Although I do know that the allure of a football team can override monetary concerns. Plenty of examples of that.
I know a few club docs, it's not glamourous and I'm not sure how the second part even relates. Half the health professionals at state and top level are volunteers because it looks good on a resume.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a few club docs, it's not glamourous and I'm not sure how the second part even relates. Half the health professionals at state and top level are volunteers because it looks good on a resume.
10000% true. Unless you're a national team doctor/physio for sports like soccer, cricket or rugby or are head doctor at AFL or VFL level you're doing the job for CV credits

"Overly emotional"

You think? If you think that penalty is deserving of the offence then you should go and support another game. Something like chess wher NO contact can be made at all.

You think? If you think that penalty is deserving of the offence then you should go and support another game. Something like chess wher NO contact can be made at all.
So you think two weeks is a penalty for crippling someone?
I'm happy to be able to play a game where putting your head over the ball is tough, not piss weak pricks throwing out cheap shots. Maybe you need to go follow another sport, champ.

10000% true. Unless you're a national team doctor/physio for sports like soccer, cricket or rugby or are head doctor at AFL or VFL level you're doing the job for CV credits
Spot on!
Had this argument over the Dangerfield and the Melbourne/Carlton suspensions
Club doctors are not falsifying medical documents to get a player suspended.

wonder who Papley's "victim" will be next week

Hodgey, Duncan then.......
The next moron stupid enough to gut-punch someone when the MRP are cracking down?

Seriously. Don't gut-punch, don't get suspended. It's not ******* rocket science.

No what you are feeling is an overwhelming sense of fear for the future of the game. And you are right to feel it. Once or twice I too have shaken my head at some s**t a hawk has copped. It is a higher purpose type of thing.

Aside from all of that the MRP is ****ed. It is inconsistent, it is unreliable and it is unaccountable. Cats are feeling the heat at the moment with this but it will hit hard with another club that the media/AFL gives a s**t about soon and there will be a shitstorm.

I've asked it every time and am yet to get a response from you conspiracy theorists

Why would club doctors, who only work part time at the club, file a false medical report, which if found would see them face sanctions such as deregistration? Most club doctors aren't even bloody supporters of the clubs they work at

Dunno about deliberately faking reports but carlton have reported some serious injuries against reported players this season.

Lucky for carlton none of their players missed a game. Go figure.

Just watched the Duncan replay 10 times.. WTF MRP!!! There is no way hit the dirty diver in the stomach... What's happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No issue with Hawkins -though there was very little in it- real dope.
Duncan give it a spell -wrong call by mrp.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back