Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
He's 198 way too short for a ruck in the AFL, hell people on this board think DGB is too short as KPD at 196cm.

1cm shorter than Luke Jackson.

But are these heights really that accurate? No way Sicily is his draft height, and clubs dont provide updates.

And we keep getting told Reeves is still growing.

1cm shorter than Luke Jackson.

But are these heights really that accurate? No way Sicily is his draft height, and clubs dont provide updates.

And we keep getting told Reeves is still growing.
Heard that the reason we are building Dingley is so we can put in 12 foot doors for Ned........

“Whitfield still has five years to run on a contract with about $1 million attached to each of those years, Haynes two with 800k-plus a year. There's a really good, potentially 2023 season-shaping deal here for a brave club.”

Are we brave enough to take on the Whitfield coin?

“Whitfield still has five years to run on a contract with about $1 million attached to each of those years, Haynes two with 800k-plus a year. There's a really good, potentially 2023 season-shaping deal here for a brave club.”

Depends what picks we get. But I hope we are endeavouring to find out.

For pick 3 I am.

We should be.

Pick 3 (or 2x first rounders) and we have our wings sorted for 5 years with Amon, Morrison and Whitfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t see them handing over 3, but would you do it for 12 and 19, sending something back to them?
12 and 15 sending back the pick we get for Mitchell (27)? I would think about it. Whitfield can still play but 5 years is a long time.

Seems unlikely both of these things will occur.

I hope so

Can’t see them handing over 3, but would you do it for 12 and 19, sending something back to them?

If such an offer is there, we take it.

Three picks in the top 20 can fast track our rebuild.

And you’d think (or at least hope) that Whitfield will still be around by the time we’re contesting for another premiership in the next 2-3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

12 and 19, yes - so long as the price going back is maybe a future second. 7, 12, 19, 24 and 27* would be a very good draft hand to either take to the draft or try and trade up a little.

I think so, unlike Bowes he is actually worth somewhat close to that at his best.

If you can restructure the deal to have it closer to 700k over the last 3 years of it i think it could be a great deal for us.

I could really get around the prospect of Amon on one wing and Whitfield on the other. If a highly favourable deal came from GWS to clear his contract I’d be all for it…IF Whitfield’s body is sound.

Absolutely we should be grabbing both of them with potentially some salary paid by GWS and picks coming back our way. Exactly the talent we need at the club.

Meek actually looks pretty handy tbh. Athletic ruckman, very good hands in close - consistently releases the ball from the contest by hand. Decent tap ruckman, good clearance player in general. Can impact the contest and take a grab. Very good field kick for a ruckman.

Think he is a great pickup to shore up our ruck stocks for the next couple of years. Dont think we can rely on Max Lynch to become a star for us or even play regularly as much as I like him. Going by last season we definitely need one more ruck on our list that can step in to senior footy when required.

Future 3rd rounder. Though I don’t think Freo want to let him go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back