Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but it wont be offered. Yes he is worth that to us fans but at his age, despite kicking 40 goals again, no one is offering a top 10 and potentially not even a first. One of those worth more to the team who has him than he would be on the market deals
I know

Only thing might be that the conversation has already happened to suggest they mightn't offer him after next season. If thats the case then they look to help him get to his club of choice. Similar to when they moved on Mitchell and Lewis it might be less than we will all enjoy or we might have to sweeten the pot to help the package coming back
Not my info.

Lewis and Sicily would yield the draft capital we want in this years draft and next years draft. 2 top 5 picks this year and next year.

It wasn’t that long ago that we traded a young Croad and McPharlin (who both went on to become AA) that yielded us two all time great champions of the club. (Hodge & Mitchell)

Schwabby is very much unheralded for his vision and decisions that led to the club winning 4 flags. Mitchell is well aware as it was Schwabby that gave him the opportunity. Hopefully Sam has the vision and fortitude to do the same.

Picks 1 and 2 (or 3) in this years draft plus next years draft along with our early picks may well be the catalyst for another golden era.

Wardlaw, Sheezle and Tsatas or a similar combination this year plus a similar talented haul next year will almost guarantee Hawks are competing for multiple flags in 2025 and beyond. We currently have players on our list to cover for the loss of Sicily and Lewis.

Coach Killler.

Disagree. Cripple us from what? Pick 7 to a top 3 pick.we ain’t getting a side to compete by taking pick 7 and 24 to draft every year. We already have a good base to build on. Keep blooding the youth next year onwards and take our lumps and get a couple of top 3 picks in the draft.
I hate these rubbish “we have to be really really s**t so that we can then hopefully be good” takes.

Lewis and Sicily would yield the draft capital we want in this years draft and next years draft. 2 top 5 picks this year and next year.

It wasn’t that long ago that we traded a young Croad and McPharlin (who both went on to become AA) that yielded us two all time great champions of the club. (Hodge & Mitchell)

Schwabby is very much unheralded for his vision and decisions that led to the club winning 4 flags. Mitchell is well aware as it was Schwabby that gave him the opportunity. Hopefully Sam has the vision and fortitude to do the same.

Picks 1 and 2 (or 3) in this years draft plus next years draft along with our early picks may well be the catalyst for another golden era.

Wardlaw, Sheezle and Tsatas or a similar combination this year plus a similar talented haul next year will almost guarantee Hawks are competing for multiple flags in 2025 and beyond. We currently have players on our list to cover for the loss of Sicily and Lewis.

Coach Killler.
Speaking of s**t takes.

You can’t be a legit poster.

Coach Killler.
Who's our next promising key forward after Lewis?

Don't say Kosi

Didn't Sicily just sign a five year deal and our next captain?

Twomey said rivals are aware he wants to extend his contract beyond next year.

I could argue you are speculating about Twomey being speculative.

The point of the post was to highlight that it gets a mention every year. Not for you to get offended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not offended by your post. Just pointing out that Breust did not say anything, as you’ve implied, it purely speculation on Twomey’s behalf

I've said before that Breust shows all the signs of a player that can keep playing quality footy well into his 30's. He's incredibly durable and his main competitive advantages (footy smarts, goal kicking, etc) won't really drop off with age.

He's contracted to the end of next year. Happy to see the club extend him to end of 2024 right now on the back of this year. That takes him through to 300 games if he stays fit and in form.

If another club wants to offer more years/money and he's keen to take it (and I doubt his position on wanting to stay at the Hawks has actually changed) then I'm happy for the club to do the trade providing it's worth it for our club. You'd expect it would be a club in finals contention wanting to get him, so they've probably got a late first rounder burning a hole in their pocket. Some may say that's overs for a 31 year old. I'd say that's fair for a 40 goal per year small forward that will realistically play around that level for the next 2-3 years, if not more.

We essentially traded our first pick (pushed back to pick 21 due to expansion picks) for Brian Lake at the end of 2012. Yes, there was some other pick swaps in there that made it better value, but Lake was also not of the same upstanding character and complete professional that Breust is. Nor was Lake as reliable in the years prior to his recruitment in terms of form and durability (or after to be fair). That said, knowing now in hindsight what his recruitment for 3 years gave our club during our premiership window, he was easily worth a late first rounder and more. Breust could be the same "last piece of the puzzle" for a club in contention, but with far less risk attached. That's why I wouldn't accept anything less than a late first rounder.

Have Breust and Gunston given any inclination at any stage that they wan’t to leave? The only way to end this speculation once and for all is for them to front the media tomorrow and state their intentions. :$

Coach Killler.

Username checks out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not offended by your post. Just pointing out that Breust did not say anything, as you’ve implied, it purely speculation on Twomey’s behalf

I don’t understand how you surmise that from me writing AFL.com said Bruest is considering his options.

But good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez, i wouldnt mind hearing a few tidbits from Roughnlove about what he's hearing at the moment and list moves etc.
It's been a long time, or so it feels anyway.
He might be reporting Essendon intel from now for all we know ;)

Bruhn & Gold!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Excited Happy Birthday GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back