List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Despite the potential pull to return to home state, Herald Sun reporter Sam Lansberger said to keep an eye on a potential rival Victorian club making a big play for the star ruckman."

:think: :think:

English would be great signing and would instantly improve our side significantly.

Though maybe using our cash for KPP would be wiser (if there are any?).

English would be great signing and would instantly improve our side significantly.

He'd be a huge upgrade on our current ruck stocks.

Can see this happening as a result of Doggies paying top dollar to retain JUH (and Naughton already on big $$$$) causing a salary squeeze down at Whitten Oval.

I would agree unless we hypothetically get English and significantly frontload the contract.

Sam Taylor, Jacob Weitering and Noah Balta are all "pre-agents" this year I believe. Any one of them will do.

Question - does cash need to be paid to the player the same year it's included in the salary cap. Or can it be spread out for example:

YearCap ContributionPlayer Payment

My gut feel is no but the AFL love over-complicating things.

"Despite the potential pull to return to home state, Herald Sun reporter Sam Lansberger said to keep an eye on a potential rival Victorian club making a big play for the star ruckman."

:think: :think:

Don’t really see the value in spending all that $ on a ruckman when you can get by with a serviceable one (which Reeves is already is at a minimum) and spend the money in where we really have holes (key forward, key back).

I watched him closely in the OR game vs C'wood. He did a few nice things but did not get a lot of ball and seemed to tire in the last quarter when he laid off a Frost standard hand pass straight to a Giants player and conceded a goal. Not yet convinced that he is worth $1m per season.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched him closely in the OR game vs C'wood. He did a few nice things but did not get a lot of ball and seemed to tire in the last quarter when he laid off a Frost standard handless straight to a Giants player and conceded a goal. Not yet convinced that he is worth $1m per season.
Cmon man. The players use the preseason games just to turn the legs over and are not going anywhere near full tilt. If we were to snag Taylor then we’d be very close to contending again. IMO he’s the kind of guy that could win you a premiership.

English would be an amazing get. We are really weak at KPD, KPF and ruck. Let's hope two of the players we recruit are in those positions

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

I’d throw 1.3 at Sam Taylor but that’s highly doubtful. Josh Battle is a free agent this year and one we could look at.
Sam De Koning is another I’d look at for down back. Just turned 23, I’m sure Geelong would want the world for him though

Fully expecting player managers for Taylor, JUH etc to string us along with our enormous cap space to broker the best deals for their players
That's their job.

If they do their job then we should win, as ours will likely be the best deals for their players.

Granted, McKay would be useful right now but I'd rather not have him than have him and be paying$ what the Bombers are for the next 5+ years! Good news is we'll get first glimpse of him next weekend and you'll see that he has the turning circle of a boat!
Agree with this take. Getting the wrong player is worse than getting nobody at all.

The OR was for premiership points
Albeit unlikely but if we were to secure him then we’re playing finals for a very very long time. He is a top 4 defender of our game right alongside Sicily, Stewart and Moore. IMO he’s the kind of player we need to open the chequebook for and with him down back with Sicily our defence would be transformed over night.

Outside of having the most $$$ to offer I’m not confident mainly because GWS usually don’t lose gun players they want to retain so it would have to be him wanting to leave. I mentioned a while back how they (GWS) stood by him when he had that really bad illness where he lost all that weight and almost died so you couldn’t begrudge him if he was to do so but who knows and we have to be in it to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back