Preview Hawks vs Dees - Changes and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
cynic... i'd say adding moss and suckling have done nothing for us... we need to add players that have performed better all year... which will settle us a lot more

In: Skipper Brown Peterson Hooper
Out: Taylor Moss Suckling Ladson

Players get brought in with hope that they will perform. If they perform... they keep their place. As Muston did for a period of time. Moss, Suckling and Taylor did NOTHING to warrant more weeks. Especially during a time that we HAVE to get wins... experimenting will kill us. Wholesale changes aren't always good. But it definitely worked for us when we started our run of 7 straight wins... and it will work for us now. They work when the inclusions are strong and will make the team stronger. THe 4 in's have had a better year then the 4 Out's... they will make us a better team

cynic... i'd say adding moss and suckling have done nothing for us... we need to add players that have performed better all year... which will settle us a lot more

In: Skipper Brown Peterson Hooper
Out: Taylor Moss Suckling Ladson

Spot on :thumbsu: Awesome IN'S!!

Taylor - Might be good in a ruck contest but Skipper has him covered all around the ground and offers more to the team.
Moss - looks like he would have slotted in our team perfectly around the mid 90's era (Richard Taylor, Shane Stevenson etc)
Suckling - Still can't understand why he was brought in last week ahead of Petersen?
Ladson - Unfortunately looks like the game has gone past him.

Let's look at it this way, Taylor was brought in for Skipper despite Skipper's apparent good form. What this indicates to me is that the selection panel believe Taylor is in front of Skipper in the pecking order. If this is the case he is not going to dropped after a poor first week back.

Moss was in the team to see if he can play a defensive forward role, possibly this was a matchup call due to the increased number of playmakers the Swans play. Against Melbourne I can't see him getting a game as none of Melbourne's playmakers suits Moss.

Suckling I think was given a game to see if he could assist us with our kick outs, not necessarily kicking them out himself but providing an easy option to Guerra. Unfortunately he struggled and is likely going to be dropped.

Ladson, is still struggling as well. I'm of the opinion his experience and disposal skills means he remains in our best 22 and will likely play the year out on the basis we need him for the finals if we make it.

I expect to see in will be Peterson for Moss, based upon the readings of the Box Hill report Peterson is playing more centre, and I believe the reason for this is to train Peterson to have an impact around the stoppages in our forward line, if he's done his work he'll be back in.

In addition I expect to see Brown take Suckling's spot, while he'll play a different role than Suckling against Melbournes pace and attack we need players willing to follow hard.

If another of our players doesn't get up then Hooper will come in.

Cynic, I think Taylor was brought in to see if he can add something to the side. From what I saw last week, he can't.

Skipper was one of the best in the twos and has shown solid form in the 1sts. Has to come back in. If nothing else, to give us something around the ground. Fact is, Jamar will smash all of our rucks this weekend in terms of hit-outs, we have to try and beat him around the ground, and make our midfield be accountable for winning at the stoppages.

Taylor can't offer that around the ground presence, Skipper can.

Thinks its really important for browndog and petersen to come back in. Whilst petersen is not a accurate kick for goal, by golly he can get some action going and take some incredible marks, some game lifting antics that we really need. Cant believe Rioli challenged and got another week, dont they ever learn that the tribunal hates our guts? One week woud have been fine.
Would have been nice to have him back this week.

Cynic, I think Taylor was brought in to see if he can add something to the side. From what I saw last week, he can't.

Skipper was one of the best in the twos and has shown solid form in the 1sts. Has to come back in. If nothing else, to give us something around the ground. Fact is, Jamar will smash all of our rucks this weekend in terms of hit-outs, we have to try and beat him around the ground, and make our midfield be accountable for winning at the stoppages.

Taylor can't offer that around the ground presence, Skipper can.

This is an argument I can't agree with. IF we're going to get smashed by Jamar regardless why bring in a ruckmen? If it's around the ground work that gets Skipper his spot we may as well bring in another midfielder.

I think if Clarko brought Taylor in last week, he has to keep him in there.

As for the others, the only explanation for playing Moss or Suckling last week must have been to trick some team into trading for them later in the year. (Don't think that will work seeing their performance)

So for me I think it will be:

Out: Moss, Suckling
In: Brown, Hooper & Emer: Skipper, Peterson, Whitecross.

This is an argument I can't agree with. IF we're going to get smashed by Jamar regardless why bring in a ruckmen? If it's around the ground work that gets Skipper his spot we may as well bring in another midfielder.

I get what you are trying to say, but I think the point the others are trying to make is that we do need to go in with 2 ruckman. Taylor is not 1 of them. I would rather a ruckman that can actually play the game after the centre bounce is complete. Skipper has it all over Taylor in this department and Renouf has been acceptable after being thrown in the deep end.

And we saw earlier in the year we do not want Hodgey and Rough playing in the ruck. It only takes Renouf and Skip to make a 50/50 contest and I will back our mids to beat anyone.

I think it is time that Taylor goes back to Rowing!!! Footy is just not his thing.

Browny, Hoops and Peterson have to be the other ins. Its make or break time!

Thinks its really important for browndog and petersen to come back in. Whilst petersen is not a accurate kick for goal, by golly he can get some action going and take some incredible marks, some game lifting antics that we really need.

Good post, if you remember the last game against Syndey at the 'G'..Peterson took the specky in the goal square to convert to virtually win the game..

I knew we were rooted last week after the ins and outs...

we will know shortly, I hope the changes are for the positive :)

Any truth to the rumours that Peterson missed the last couple of weeks due to a 2week in-club suspension?

Would tend to think if the two weeks is up then he'd come back in, if that was indeed the case.

I'm not sure about the Skipper vs Tails debate. I'd like to see how Tails goes when Hawthorn plays a good game and at the G. Easy to forget it was his first game in the 1's. Put it this way, if Clarko has any intention of even considering using Taylor for a finals match if Hawthorn make it, then he needs some game time before then. We have Jamar, 211 and Jolly the next 3 weeks, unfortunately no pushover ruck divisions where we can experiment.

Of those 3, If Tails is to get another shot I'd rather it be this week as at least then he's had a chance to play back to back games and we'll be in a better position to judge whether he's worth persisting with for the year or whether Renouf+Skip will be our ruck division.

That said, if Clarko sees fit to bring Skipper straight back into the side for Tails this week then we have our answer of where Taylor stands for the rest of the year.

Wtf is going on with Peterson anyway?, this kid has it all and he gets dropped for a wisdom tooth and now we haven't seen him since, i be really mad if he doesn't get picked this week...

If taylor were to stay in... i wouldn't be as fussed...

AS long as hooper brown and hopefully Peterson come back in... it will be better for us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back