Preview Hawks vs Dees - Changes and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morton to play where? Half Forward / Forward Pocket?

Does Morton have any kind of defensive game? Or. If down back could he kill the high ball or would his presence create other issues?

Brant check out the box hill board, apparently Mort has been playing half back and doing well.

is it just me or has everyone seem to have forgotten about milne? he has featured in the box hill best over the last month and can now play anywhere from back pocket up to a wing and on ball. your all saying give these other people a go but no one has said his name. get rid of murphy all togteher he coudlnt get a game at any other club. just seems strangeee

keep your comments on murphy to yourself, he has a role in our team.

I have an opinion on milne but won't bother expressing it to you

Don't understand why quite a few are arguing for both Peterson and Hooper to come into the side. Seems to me that these two players perform much the same role and I can't see room for both at once. Not unless Osborne is left out.

I wouldn't mind seeing a return to the 3-pronged attack we had early last year. Buddy/Roughie/Boyle didn't work too badly (swap Boyle for Lisle). Bit late in the year to think about that, but Clarkson should have more than one game plan in the bank.

In: Brown, Hooper, Peterson

Out: Suckling, Moss, Ladson

Guerra Gilham Murphy
Birchall Gibson Stratton

Renouf Sewell Hodge
Bateman Mitchell Lewis

Osborne Franklin Burgoyne
Hooper Roughead Brown

Int: Taylor, Ellis, Young, Peterson

Don't understand why quite a few are arguing for both Peterson and Hooper to come into the side. Seems to me that these two players perform much the same role and I can't see room for both at once. Not unless Osborne is left out.

I wouldn't mind seeing a return to the 3-pronged attack we had early last year. Buddy/Roughie/Boyle didn't work too badly (swap Boyle for Lisle). Bit late in the year to think about that, but Clarkson should have more than one game plan in the bank.

More than 1 game plan?? That should be THE game plan - we can alternate to others as required...

It may be tough to emulate what Mark Williams did at his prime but I would like another leading player coming out of a Forward Pocket - and Lisle seems like the likely option for his height & ability to crash packs. Not sure if he got a shot in the Pocket but maybe Morton could do so.

Oh, and maybe playing these 3 targets (with crummers at their feet) within 3 possessions of goal will up our scoring capacity...

I don't understand why Jordan Lisle is not given a chance.

He is 196cm played CHB and CHF as a junior and has played extremely well for Box Hill all season from reports. He could be out Brian Lake (late pick, not overly quick, good mark, tough, reads the game).

Also, love to see Shoey back in we have got to start planning for the future with our defence as Gilham, Murphy are severly under size and strength (My opionion).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN
- Hooper ( need someone at the feet of the tall forwards )
- Brown ( will add forward pressure, something were lacking in )
- Skipper ( inform, should never have been dropped )
- Whitecross ( BOG in 2's, has earned a recall )
OUT
- Moss ( Straight swap for Hooper, to slow )
- Ladson ( He's been tried in various positions and has struggled )
- Taylor ( was terrible around the ground, not ready )
- Suckling ( He's a slow midfielder, could be exposed against the Demons )

IN
- Hooper ( need someone at the feet of the tall forwards )
- Brown ( will add forward pressure, something were lacking in )
- Skipper ( inform, should never have been dropped )
- Whitecross ( BOG in 2's, has earned a recall )
OUT
- Moss ( Straight swap for Hooper, to slow )
- Ladson ( He's been tried in various positions and has struggled )
- Taylor ( was terrible around the ground, not ready )
- Suckling ( He's a slow midfielder, could be exposed against the Demons )

Im happy with that , but i would have Peterson in for Whitex, i just havent seen anything to say that Whitex will be any good at this stage..

Agree.
We need to win.
We need speed.

In Brown Hooper Peterson Skipper
Out Ladson Moss Suckling Taylor (all plodders ATM)

Birchall next.

Agree.
We need to win.
We need speed.

In Brown Hooper Peterson Skipper
Out Ladson Moss Suckling Taylor (all plodders ATM)

Birchall next.
Dont think Birchall tbo. Do agree with the rest though. Not sure too many changes is a good thing though.

Out: Taylor, Ossie, Suckers, Ladson

In: Skipper, Hooper, Brown, Petersen
I Like this Henry alot of posters think Taylor will play i hope they make the right call Re Taylor because on form Skipper is ahead of him YES?

Other than Brown for an injured player I wouldn't change anything either. Wholesale changes never work.
a settled side is great but you cant tell me Hooper Brown Skipp & Peterson want make our side a better side?

You could argue that returning Skipper, Brown and Petersen to the side is more settled for team structure as they have been in the team for the majority of the season in comparison to having Taylor, Suckling, Moss and eve Ladson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back