Preview Hawks vs Dees - Changes and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Taylor, Moss, Suckling, Ladson.

In: Skipper, Hooper, Shiels, WhiteX

I'd rather have Skipper in right now but unsure if the coaches have shown their hand by going for Taylor. They might stick with him to prepare him for finals.

A few are pushing for selection from BHH. Muston, Lisle, Schoey etc, but I don't think it's ever a good idea to make wholesale changes.

WhiteX is too slow...we need some pace :thumbsu:

Begs the question Kipster; What has happened to his pace since being drafted?

20-Metre Sprint
5. Brendan Whitecross 2.91 sec
Aaron Joseph 2.91 sec
7. Tayte Pears 2.92 sec
Patrick Dangerfield 2.92 sec

Repeat 30 Metre Sprints
2. Patrick Dangerfield 23.96 sec
3. Cyril Rioli 24.01 sec
8. Brendan Whitecross 24.25 sec

He has either lost a serious amount of pace since 2007 (a result of increased muscle mass) or he is simply quicker than he appears on field.

Long term Ladson replacement, I'd like to see him get more senior experience this year.

I'd rather have Skipper in right now but unsure if the coaches have shown their hand by going for Taylor. They might stick with him to prepare him for finals.

Preparing players for finals when we're only in the 8 by half a game seems a bit premature.

I would be interested in hearing the thoughts of Go Hawks and others who are qualified to comment of excactly where JKT "is at" at this stage of the year.

He had one very ordinary game against Essendon and was obviously banished to pergatory for that effort.

Is he any chance of playing another game this year?
Would he be a suitable replacement for Ellis/Ladson/Moss/Suckling in the coming weeks?

Reading the Box Hill reports he does seem to get mentioned in the best players quite regularly but he doesnt seem to rate a mention on these boards when discussing team selections.

JKT gets the ball often enough but is wasteful with it or tries to do too much sometimes. He still has the capacity to pull out of a contest when facing traffic. I saw that on a couple of occasions on the weekend.

He needs a bit more time. I am not sure if he will be retained given the fight for spots on our list but could be serviceable with improvement especially with his run and carry (something he does extremely well week in week out)

anyone calling for Goo to be dropped has no clue.

Every week he gets his body smashed for the club and has been brilliant this year.

My changes

Out-Ladson, Birchall, Ellis, Taylor and Murphy.
In Brown, Hooper, Skipper, Peterson and Whitecross.

Gilham and Lewis are next in my gun and should be on notice.

I would like to see Whitecross play where he is supposed to be played and that is in the backline. He is not a forward Clarko so please let him develop as a defender.

Begs the question Kipster; What has happened to his pace since being drafted?

20-Metre Sprint
5. Brendan Whitecross 2.91 sec
Aaron Joseph 2.91 sec
7. Tayte Pears 2.92 sec
Patrick Dangerfield 2.92 sec

Repeat 30 Metre Sprints
2. Patrick Dangerfield 23.96 sec
3. Cyril Rioli 24.01 sec
8. Brendan Whitecross 24.25 sec

He has either lost a serious amount of pace since 2007 (a result of increased muscle mass) or he is simply quicker than he appears on field.

Long term Ladson replacement, I'd like to see him get more senior experience this year.

Geez, there you go Charlie...I knew he was renound for his ticker and hence why we chased him, but that stat is damning...does this mean we are not playing him to his strengths?

People calling for Goo to be dropped is laughable.

He would be in the top 5 in the B&F and along with Hodge, been one of the most consistant players for us this year.

Well said Henry, he puts his body on the line week in and week out :thumbsu:

JKT gets the ball often enough but is wasteful with it or tries to do too much sometimes. He still has the capacity to pull out of a contest when facing traffic. I saw that on a couple of occasions on the weekend.

My word is that AC bannished him immediately after the Dons game, never to return...:eek:

Every week he gets his body smashed for the club and has been brilliant this year.

My changes

Agree with these changes, Taylors stats from Saturday

1 kick :eek:, 1 hand pass :eek: :eek:, 0 marks :mad:, 15 hitouts (woopty doo) and 1 tackle :thumbsdown:

that is the Tail of the tape :p not good enough......

Skipper is averaging 4 tackles a game which in essense says to me he is willing to do what-ever it takes to win the ball :thumbsu:

My changes

I would like to see Whitecross play where he is supposed to be played and that is in the backline. He is not a forward Clarko so please let him develop as a defender.

(I know I say this each week but)
WOW, like WOW....reallly?????
Gilham has been outstanding this year and will never be dropped!
Lewis almost got us back in the game when he played in the midfield!

For me:
Ins: Brown, Hooper, Peterson, Skipper
Outs: Moss, Suckling, Taylor (sorry dude) and Ladson (sorry also)

Molly
PS. Oh, just noticed you added Murphy in your outs, was this a joke post I didn't get?

My changes

Goo has had a good year, but his past 3 weeks including St Kilda has been ordinary, his urgency for the contest hasn't been there...... as for Lewis, its no wonder he has been out of form he's not getting the pill playing as the defensive forward.....wtf. He played one good game there against Adelaide I think and has been stranded ever since, He should be played on ball where he belongs where he provides grunt at the contest. surely we have another negating player than Lewis, why waste him away from the contest.

I agree that Whitecross should play, just feel sorry for the way he is being used, he's not a forward never will be, he's a back pocket and or midfielder, use his strengths .

As for poor Gilham, well hes trying to punch above his weight, he doesn't have the speed nor leap to keep with the athletic talls, Shoey is needed(turnovers and all) he atleast provides some height with the high ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me:

Molly
PS. Oh, just noticed you added Murphy in your outs, was this a joke post I didn't get?

^^ DEFINITELY THIS!!!

All the in's i had! definitely will make our forward line stronger. To be honest... i thought even on paper... the team we had last week was really poor. We lacked a distinct forward line... and it showed. Seriously Suckling is not AFL standard player. Doesn't put his body on the line... and for someone who is suppose to kick it sublimely... really doesn't get it much to make him very effective.

Moss... definitely tried hard... but i think peterson gives us a better chance for goals... and well HOOPER is dangerous... especially without mr magic around.

Seriously... if we get these ins... i think our form will change.

^^ DEFINITELY THIS!!!

All the in's i had! definitely will make our forward line stronger. To be honest... i thought even on paper... the team we had last week was really poor. We lacked a distinct forward line... and it showed. Seriously Suckling is not AFL standard player. Doesn't put his body on the line... and for someone who is suppose to kick it sublimely... really doesn't get it much to make him very effective.

Moss... definitely tried hard... but i think peterson gives us a better chance for goals... and well HOOPER is dangerous... especially without mr magic around.

Seriously... if we get these ins... i think our form will change.

I just think Peterson:
a) Givers us something different, High jumping marker.
b) Plays a lot like Willo in a way and so means more like 2008
c) Is a good chaser/pressurer!

JMTC

I just think Peterson:
a) Givers us something different, High jumping marker.
b) Plays a lot like Willo in a way and so means more like 2008
c) Is a good chaser/pressurer!

JMTC

He is slower than a wet week, but he has so much enthusiasm and a great leap.

I love what he brings. Defo want him in.

Out: Taylor, Sucking, Ladson, Moss, Guerra
In: Skipper, Hooper, Brown, Peterson, Muston

Muston in the guts to replicate his first match 30 odd possies :)

For me:

Molly

Molly you and I watch different games.

For me:

Molly

Yep, spot on with both the ins and outs.

Skipper > Taylor

The other 3 ins are very obvious to me. Peterson is severely underrated as is Hooper to a lesser extent. Brown is a no brainer.

Moss is a little unlucky. For his first senior game in a long while he was far from our worst, though Hooper/Peterson more than have him covered.

Suckling is definitely not up to it and it is a little surprising it's taking the coaching staff so long to realise this (happy to be proven wrong re suckers as I rarely write a player off unless I'm pretty damn sure about it).

Laddo missed so many tackles on the weekend I couldn't believe it was him out there. Just has not been anywhere near his best form and is currently not offering the team anything it doesn't already have.

Taylor was woeful, though it was his first game back in the seniors.....Still think Skipp easily has his measure.

Muston extremely unlucky not to be getting a game, has done nothing wrong and is one of my favorite hawks. Just can't squeeze him in this week with 4 more important changes needing to be made.

Birchall - I really like this guy as a footballer when he is anywhere near close to his best form. He is far from it at the moment and I'm sure he realizes this. Seems to still be putting in more effort than Laddo and is playing a little better than him to. Must find some form soon though.

Finally, I think Gilham would be the first to admit his last 3 weeks haven't been his greatest, but the fact is Schoey aint up to it yet, his disposal will hurt us more than his height will help us IMO. Gilly stays for mine, from what I've found out about Gilly, he is one of the most professional players going around. Apparently studies up on opposition players as much as the coaches, and his teammates are often quizzing him on their upcoming match-ups with opposition players, seeking advice. He'll bounce back soon - I'm sure of it :thumbsu:

EDIT: Just heard about Goo (disgraceful decision) so either Laddo stays from my above changes OR Musto comes in at the expense of Laddo.

How about when she goes - Roughead handballs to Franklin, outside 50, kicks it to the top of the square - Roughead outnumbered and the ball is hit away - Gee Roughead was quick to run 60m and contest the kick from Franklin who he just handpasses to!

She's almost as bad as Tim Lane and his hatred for the Hawks - and he is almost as Bad as Mike Sheehan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back