Autopsy Hawks vs Eagles Grand Final - We take our thirteenth flag!!!! The Threepeat is ours

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought nicnat was a shoe in
He had 5% of his effectiveness in the first 4 seconds - his first 9 seconds were the highlight of his GF!!

In fairness, he did land the best seats in the Country from where to observe the domination that was...

3 possessions, 1 after 1/4 time. Yet somehow he was eclipsed by Darling in the Leon Davis, and missed out on Roy and H.G.s prestigious Dyer medal.
A travesty

I was watching the entire finals series yesterday and you gotta like what Isaac Smith did during the 2015 finals. He was actually our equal highest leading goal kicker with 7 goals along with Gunston, Roughead and Rioli.

So much was said about Mitchell, Gunston, Gibson, Hodge, Rioli and co and the impact that they had, but Smith in my opinion snuck under the rader and when he got injured against Carlton in Round 23 leading into the finals not many would've predicted him to do so well as he did. It's no wonder he was put into the leadership group recently.

He is the most complete wingman in the AFL right now. He's improved on the defensive side of his game too and become the Premier wingman of the last 4-5 years. He's gotten better and better since making his debut in Round 7 2011. It's been an amazing journey since he won the Premiership in the VFL for North Ballarat. I don't think anyone would've expected him to become this good in the AFL especially since he was drafted at 22 years of age. He's hardly missed a beat playing 111 of 126 games.

2015 Finals

QF: 16 disposals - 4 marks - 4 tackles - 3 inside 50s - 1 goal
SF: 21 disposals - 8 marks - 3 tackles - 3 inside 50s - 2 goals
PF: 24 disposals - 10 marks - 3 tackles - 3 inside 50s - 1 goal
GF: 23 disposals - 7 marks - 3 tackles - 5 inside 50s - 3 goals

Career Stats

2011: 19 disposals - 6 marks - 3 tackles - 3 inside 50s - 20 goals
2012: 19 disposals - 4 marks - 4 tackles - 3 inside 50s - 17 goals
2013: 20 disposals - 5 marks - 3 tackles - 3 inside 50s - 18 goals
2014: 24 disposals - 6 marks - 4 tackles - 4 inside 50s - 24 goals
2015: 23 disposals - 7 marks - 3 tackles - 4 inside 50s - 23 goals
Average: 21 disposals - 5.6 marks - 3.4 tackles - 3.4 inside 50's - 0.9 goals per game
Smith is totally under rated. He's been a magnificent contributor and has a tremendous amount of courage.

Think you are all being a bit harsh - sure he had a dirty day along with some of his team-mates, but bear in mind that he was grieving, ie his Mother dying. Not making excuses or anything but a bit of understanding would not go astray;)

He's a strange cat, sometimes he looks every worth every cent they pay him, but at the same time can look like the biggest waste of money in the AFL (not that he's not good, but not as good as his contract would suggest). This year is the probably the year it will be determined which it is. I am swinging more to the waste of money side of things, even though I am in general a fan.

I had Mitchell, Smith, Cyril then Chip.
That's fair. Though the game was effectively over half way through the second quarter meaning Cyril's contribution weighed a lot more. If the game had been closer than Smith would've been hard to over look given he had an impact over the entire game and each of his 3 goals was highlight worthy - not to mention that mark!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you are all being a bit harsh - sure he had a dirty day along with some of his team-mates, but bear in mind that he was grieving, ie his Mother dying. Not making excuses or anything but a bit of understanding would not go astray;)
To be fair, most of the "sarcastic" replies you'll find (in this thread, and in the threads from the previous two Grand Finals) are in response to the ridiculous hyperbole which has accompanied our opponents in the respective games. It's just that through no fault of his own Naitinui attracts more than his share of hyperbole.

Naitinui underperformed on the day — no surprise given his awful personal circumstances — but I'm not sure it's our job to take that into account when reliving the celebrations in this particular thread. No harm in you popping in to remind us, though.

To be fair, most of the "sarcastic" replies you'll find (in this thread, and in the threads from the previous two Grand Finals) are in response to the ridiculous hyperbole which has accompanied our opponents in the respective games. It's just that through no fault of his own Naitinui attracts more than his share of hyperbole.

Naitinui underperformed on the day — no surprise given his awful personal circumstances — but I'm not sure it's our job to take that into account when reliving the celebrations in this particular thread. No harm in you popping in to remind us, though.
The problem is, he didn't underperform. Watched enough of his games to get a fair idea, and the GF was the norm, broken intermittently by a decent game.

When he is around the contest like at a centre bounce or ball up no doubt he can have a positive impact for his team but other than that he really struggles to get around the ball.
How much of that is footy smarts, how much is fitness and how much is carrying an injury who knows.
But for the rumored million plus AFL ambassador payments and media love based on his highlight reel vs actual game impact he does seem both overpaid and overrated.

He's a strange cat, sometimes he looks every worth every cent they pay him, but at the same time can look like the biggest waste of money in the AFL (not that he's not good, but not as good as his contract would suggest). This year is the probably the year it will be determined which it is. I am swinging more to the waste of money side of things, even though I am in general a fan.

"Shittruck" Tippet might have something to say about this.

Nicnat had 43 hitouts
Apparently dominated the stoppages.

Now that's a stat that must mean something.
It sure does.

Pyke won the hitouts in the 2014 GF too.

Woo. A stat that we didn't win. We're on the way out. Let's not look at the game as a whole, just as a collection of statistics which, of course, is far more important than the result.

;)

He did?

Five goals in a Grand Final is s**t?

Thank you, Andrew Wu.
Geelong posters in particular said that the 5 goals were in junk time. (I see a little truth to this).

But Roughy's physical presence (along with fellow crunchers) was what won us that game. We were ruthless in that first qtr and Roughy lead this at every opportunity

(Love the Ruff)

Geelong posters in particular said that the 5 goals were in junk time. (I see a little truth to this).

But Roughy's physical presence (along with fellow crunchers) was what won us that game. We were ruthless in that first qtr and Roughy lead this at every opportunity

(Love the Ruff)
I guess junk time started immediately after the Hodge intercept goal.

Alright, I'll change my perceptions to suit the haters.

Like hell I will. :)

I guess junk time started immediately after the Hodge intercept goal.

Alright, I'll change my perceptions to suit the haters.

Like hell I will. :)
Yeah - junk time was two minutes after opening bounce! F@&$ the swines!! Lol

God that was a good game. Highlightorama for this period. Good times

(I'm a bit smashed after my father's 70th just quietly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back