Preview Hawks vs Lions – Rd 13 - Sat 10th June – 1:45pm – MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiddy for sub. Is interesting. Wonder if his lack of fitness is an issue
I've been mentioning it for a while. Has struggled to run out games more than a few times. That and repeated hammy tightness. Still surprised he was dropped

Prior was unlucky not to be in the team early.

Really we should be happy selection pressure is happening

HAWKS

B: B.Hardwick, J.Blanck, J.Impey

HB: J.Sicily - C, J.Scrimshaw, L.Bramble

C: K.Amon, J.Worpel, J.Weddle

HF: S.Butler, J.Koschitzke, D.Moore

F: L.Breust, M.Lewis, C.Macdonald

FOLL: N.Reeves, W.Day, J.Newcombe

I/C: S.Mitchell, C.Nash, T.Brockman, L.Meek

EMG: C.Stephens, B.Macdonald, H.Morrison, C.Mackenzie

In: J.Sicily, S.Mitchell

Out: S.Frost (Injured), B.Macdonald (Omitted), C.Mackenzie (Sub)

LIONS

B: B.Starcevich, D.Gardiner, J.Payne

HB: C.McKenna, H.Andrews - C, D.Rich

C: J.Berry, Z.Bailey, H.McCluggage

HF: C.Cameron, J.Gunston, W.Ashcroft

F: L.McCarthy, J.Daniher, E.Hipwood

FOLL: O.McInerney, J.Dunkley, L.Neale

I/C: D.Robertson, C.Rayner, J.Prior, D.Wilmot

EMG: N.Cockatoo, K.Coleman, D.Fort, R.Lester

In: J.Payne, D.Robertson, J.Prior

Out: K.Coleman (Omitted), R.Lester (Omitted), D.Zorko (Suspension), J.Madden (Sub)

Huge call dropping Kiddy but I think it’s the right one.

He’s clearly not fit enough to run out games atm and whilst I expect him back in the side soon, looking further ahead he’s going to need a huge preseason getting really fit to stop these issues arising with his hamstring etc, which lets be honest isn’t a new problem.

WOW! Big call dropping our best ball user out of D50, if Kiddy being dropped is because of a lack of defensive run/pressure I would like to know how Richy survived the axe.

Lester very unlucky to be omitted before Gardiner.

Love Prior, Payne and Robertson as the ins but my outs would have been Zorko, Gardiner and Rich.

Huge call dropping Kiddy but I think it’s the right call.

He’s clearly not fit enough to run out games atm and whilst I expect him back in the side soon, looking further ahead he’s going to need a huge preseason getting really fit to stop these issues arising with his hamstring etc, which lets be honest isn’t a new problem.
Probably some issues there.

Just the same Kiddy wasn't too bad last week and tried to fire us up when he could whereas Jack barely gave a yelp and his opponents kept floating off him.

That's what it looked to me.

Probably some issues there.

Just the same Kiddy wasn't too bad last week and tried to fire us up when he could whereas Jack barely gave a yelp and his opponents kept floating off him.

That's what it looked to me.
Oh yeah I definitely agree re Gunston but I do wonder if we were playing anyone but the Hawks this week whether he would’ve been “rested”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ins are good, don’t disagree with Lester coming out but it’s just unlucky.

Do not understand dropping Kiddy, thought he played a fair bit better than Rich

More good man mangment, IMO. Kiddy has been close to hammy issues for a while. More important he is there come finals.

And Prior warrants a game. Someone had to give way.

My sincerest sympathies to 3KZ, these will be tough times for him.

#🐸
Based on our last game, Fagan just dropped Lester, who was our best performed defender and Coleman who is quick and creative, while keeping Rich and Gardiner in the team, both of whom were putrid against Adelaide. Meanwhile in offence, he keeps selecting an out of form Gunston. Fagan has lost the plot.

Based on our last game, Fagan just dropped Lester, who was our best performed defender and Coleman who is quick and creative, while keeping Rich and Gardiner in the team, both of whom were putrid against Adelaide. Meanwhile in offence, he keeps selecting an out of form Gunston. Fagan has lost the plot.
It seems like Fages loses the plot every time he swings the axe at the selection table but I do agree with the statement.

Wonder if Hardwick was coaching us, would we have still seen Fages favourites continue playing in our current side.

I like the selections.
Gives Kiddy a bit of a wake up call because he has been a bit down on form all year really.
Gardiner over Lester is fine for me now that he is fit.
Both Dev and Prior deserve a run after their VFL form. Bringing them in together is a good move too because they play well when in the team together.

Gives Kiddy a bit of a wake up call because he has been a bit down on form all year really.
Can we give wake up calls to Rich and Gunston to actually contribute in our side then :$

Gunston’s continued selection is a joke. The other issue is that Daniel Rich is absolutely cooked and Gardiner just won’t compete on the deck. Both Rich and Gardiner are witches hats. Rich has had TWO TACKLES for the year! Only TWO! He has no defensive game whatsoever, yet he is keeping younger and more capable players like Ah Chee out of the team.

Can we give wake up calls to Rich and Gunston to actually contribute in our side then :$
Personally I think they are both still best 22.
They will both know that their form has to improve and to be honest with Rich I am kinda glad that he went for some harder kicks last week because it has been something he has been reluctant to do for a while, as long as he keeps taking the game on he will get better and let’s not forget that he was coming back after a few weeks off and a wet game so he will be better for the run.

It seems like Fages loses the plot every time he swings the axe at the selection table but I do agree with the statement.

Wonder if Hardwick was coaching us, would we have still seen Fages favourites continue playing in our current side.

Rubbish.

None of us have an insight into Match Committee - there will be good reasons as to why the changes were made. Whether the plans work is another matter. Whilst I'm surprised that Coleman has been dropped, I agree with the sentiment that he looks a bit off physically (and therefore sub may make sense).

Gardiner wasn't putrid. Lester cost us two goals. I don't hate on Lester, but Gardiner didn't do anything to deserve to be dropped, and for mine, is higher up the pecking order, all things being equal, than Lester.

I couldn’t understand why we gave Gardiner a 3 year contract extension at the end of 2022.
He has always been injury prone and is the most error riddled key defender I have ever seen. He is obviously a good team man and loyal etc etc but I can’t see us winning a flag with him in the team. How he could have been preferred to Lester based on recent performance is mystifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back