No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Roughy’s retirement I’m sure salary cap wise we have somewhat of a warchest™️

However I am wondering if I am alone in this view but I kind of hope we don’t land a big fish.

Reason being we have a lot of solid pieces already, we need another 6 or so role players rather than icing on the cake.

I think Essendon is the perfect example of having 8 or so really top tier footballers and then a pretty big gap after that. Things always look pretty on paper but never works out.
I don’t think essendons top 8 are anything special, and there lies the problem. Without doubt you need the creme to win flags, or guys that are capable of playing it. We simply need someone of Coniglios ilk in the middle and another one or two KPP and develop the role players around them.

A few years ago I had a chat with one of the top guys at champion data and he told me that they keep extensive records on junior footballers which they track through a players career. He said it's as you'd expect with a lot of the top juniors going on to be brilliant AFL footballers. So I asked him the obvious question - who was the best junior footballer they'd monitored statically. And he said in just about every department is was Jack Martin.

From memory, Tambling was also great statistically.

Excellence in junior footy doesn't always translate to senior footy for a whole host of reasons (eg a club's development programme).

From memory, Tambling was also great statistically.

Excellence in junior footy doesn't always translate to senior footy for a whole host of reasons (eg a club's development programme).
I watched Tambling play for an indigenous side against the bulldogs in an exhibition game. Tambling was only 16 but really stood out in the match. I don’t think it was talent that led him to fall short. Some people just don’t excel in professional sports environments for a variety of reasons. I suspect he was richmonded ;)

Not sure why this early draft pick talk (Anderson etc) is in here. We don't have a top 3 pick and won't have one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

95% is reasonable doubt. It's enough to get you convicted of murder. It's more than enough to jump on the Cog's bandwagon.

That’s a terrible definition of reasonable doubt in the legal context but reasonable in the Cogs is coming to Hawthorn context.

I watched Tambling play for an indigenous side against the bulldogs in an exhibition game. Tambling was only 16 but really stood out in the match. I don’t think it was talent that led him to fall short. Some people just don’t excel in professional sports environments for a variety of reasons. I suspect he was richmonded ;)
In an alternate universe Tambling is a multiple x premiership player for Hawthorn 😂

I’m not really fussed if Coniglio doesn’t come TBH I’ll back our football and recruiting departments to have an impressive back up plan . Another A grade mid is obviously the intention whether or not that’s SC or another name or a highly rated ready to go youngster from the draft it’s going to make our list a lot better and that’s the main thing .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back