No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How does a source assign probability to whether a player is inclined to stay or leave? Pardon my scepticism but I doubt he talks to anyone including JOM (and moreso any outsiders) about probabilities. Seems like finger to the sky kind of stuff to me
Exactly.

People need to start viewing ITK posters with a healthy dose of skepticism at this time of year (particularly ones with only 19 post history). It's not hard for people to pretend like they have information - there are whole Facebook pages dedicated to it

A bloke who is rehabbing and goes out on the beers with a group of players from another club and pulls up a bit rough (as seen in photos) is about to announce he is staying in Sydney.....
I think not
Not to mention one that ‘is a chance to return for finals’.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essentially every argument you guys throw at us over on your board regarding our ITK's can be thrown right back at your.

The track record from (seemingly) your main ITK was sure that Shiels was joining last season. When in reality the closest Carlton got was then the Dodo nearly shot himself in the foot at the 11th hour of the trade period.

Not all of the ITK knowledge gets posted on these boards. A lot more of it has been passed on via PM, to protect the actual sources - including some that has come from within Carlton. Not everyone is privy to all of the information.

As for the ITK's that you guys are laughing at - their sources are solid, and for some their track records are irrelevant if this is the first time they are sharing information. Whilst others have great records and aren't here making bold claims every other day. They rarely post in general, and post in here even less.

My personal source, which has given me a lot of cause to be positive (even taking our the Jaeger, Patton, stronger team, stronger culture, much better coach, etc. factors that could weigh on the decision) has been right about multiple things so far this year; things that have happened at the club - inc. Stratton captaincy, confirmed well before it was ever announced, the Jaeger extension, confirmed weeks before news started to filter out, let alone it get announced. etc.

Now obviously there's at least another week before we could possibly hear anything from Coniglio. So who knows what will happen between now and then? Like I said before, Essendon nearly lost Shiel at the death because Dodo was reneging on their deal. So he could have ended up at Carlton by default.
Not sure how this is related to what I said. I have no idea if we'll get him or not, if anything I'd say you guys were favourites because of Clarko.

Can't be true all and sundry on here have said the deal was done practically before he was drafted.

756354.jpg

How some view ITK posters when stoking your confirmation bias:

F4D65BCE-7C94-41CD-9D04-11BE5DEAF798.jpeg

How some view the ITK posters when they are possibly wrong:

0D45A289-4A65-440E-BCFA-60D18FCCEF19.jpeg

Can we perhaps lay off the ITK folk if it turns out Cogs stays at GWS please? At least the ITK make interesting contributions. I’d rather read their stuff than the smug, belittling stabs at them if they’re wrong.

How some view ITK posters when stoking your confirmation bias:

View attachment 734477

How some view the ITK posters when they are possibly wrong:

View attachment 734478

Can we perhaps lay off the ITK folk if it turns out Cogs stays at GWS please? At least the ITK make interesting contributions. I’d rather read their stuff than the smug, belittling stabs at them if they’re wrong.
Nope. I'm going to be firm, but fair

So it was about money after all?

Whilst initially concerned by your post, this doesn't sound right.
If he wants to stay for the money, all power to him. Every one has a price.

Poor bastard might get stuck with Ross Lyon soon enough though. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back