• Yes

Votes: 300 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • Bring back the pelican

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrighty just confirmed that this deal was done for us to position in the ND to get Jaeger when we didnt think GC would trade him.

Great opportunism by your list management team! Bodes very well for your future direction plus everything else you've done down there. Maybe it was a small way of Wrighty apologizing for a late move for Carlie last year.
So pick 10 was basically insurance in case he had to go via the draft?

Both according to the experts Hawthorn ' get trades done'.
How come they didnt get the Carlisle trade 'done'?

Pick swap this year is more Hawthorn getting done over more than done.

Wright and your list managers should be sacked for that trade aone.

Sold the farm for a cripple

Carlie always wanted to go to the Saints and i thought it was a dog move for us to come in late.

I've already explained why we were willing to get done over and saints made the most of it.

Wright is the best in the business and his track record speaks for itself.

Jaegers knees are good to go and our track record with Burton last year who had a very similar injury and ended up playing late in the year and in finals very well once again speaks for itself.

I can see the logic, but still very high risk play.

Definitely, I really just came here to say props to the saints for making the most of an opportunity that presented itself. At that point in time we needed 10 to put us in a better bargaining position. It easily couldve been north/port that did the same deal but they weren't smart enough or quick enough.

Carlie always wanted to go to the Saints and i thought it was a dog move for us to come in late.

I've already explained why we were willing to get done over and saints made the most of it.

Jaegers knees are good to go and our track record with Burton last year who had a very similar injury and ended up playing late in the year and in finals very well once again speaks for itself.
Ignore cranky pants.

In the end, 13 cups will hold more tears than 20 odd spoons.

Definitely, I really just came here to say props to the saints for making the most of an opportunity that presented itself. At that point in time we needed 10 to put us in a better bargaining position. It easily couldve been north/port that did the same deal but they weren't smart enough or quick enough.
Word has it that the Mitchell departure wasn't as acrimonious as has been portrayed. He's good mates with Simmo and it will be good for him to get a different perspective before coaching.

Good luck to Jaeger as I hope that he comes good for you guys. Personally I think it is very very risky. High risj high reward I suppose. I also think perhaps that since you have done the threepeat the powers that be at the Hawks can see the end is coming and you had to move on some veterans somehow.

We on the other hand couldn't take the risk on his dodgy knee as we're building something and couldn't mortgage the house on one player like that. Instead we were at the right place at the right time and turned a 1st round into 1 Ist round and 2 2nd round picks in a draft where there is quality in the top 40.

I'm interested though - where do you think you guys will (honestly) finish next year?

IMO, I would say 6th -12th. You've lost your two highest contested ball winners as well as 1 and 2 in your B&F. Yes you have Titch. Jaeger might play 6-8 games next season if you're lucky. How good can Roughy be straight away, (even a gun like him and it will be a great story to see him back playing), after a long lay off?

I suspect they will be similar to us in 2012.
Good luck to Jaeger as I hope that he comes good for you guys. Personally I think it is very very risky. High risj high reward I suppose. I also think perhaps that since you have done the threepeat the powers that be at the Hawks can see the end is coming and you had to move on some veterans somehow.

We on the other hand couldn't take the risk on his dodgy knee as we're building something and couldn't mortgage the house on one player like that. Instead we were at the right place at the right time and turned a 1st round into 1 Ist round and 2 2nd round picks in a draft where there is quality in the top 40.

I'm interested though - where do you think you guys will (honestly) finish next year?

IMO, I would say 6th -12th. You've lost your two highest contested ball winners as well as 1 and 2 in your B&F. Yes you have Titch. Jaeger might play 6-8 games next season if you're lucky. How good can Roughy be straight away, (even a gun like him and it will be a great story to see him back playing), after a long lay off?

I can see the logic, but still very high risk play.

Sorry, absolutely no logic to their trading for JOM. Who trades their two best players for nothing and then trades away any decent picks for this year and next...for ONE player ( OK, one with great potential) but at the end of the day still a player who hasn't played for two years. Unbelievably risky.
They stuffed up and have traded away their immediate future.

Excuses for me.
There'll be a few sleepless nights this season as they hope he can come good.

And seriously, to pretty much insinuate that Hawthorn gave us that deal to make up for trying to poach Carlisle last season? Ha...if anyone believes that I've got some real estate in Antarctica to sell them.

I would like to think we can still make the 8, but like you said could finish as low as 12.

What would've been a disaster is if we continued to rely so heavily on Mitchell, Lewis and Gibson. We need to threw youngsters in there and give them opportunities. Lovell, Langford, TMitch, in the guts and Brand playing KPD with Gibbo taking a leaser role.

Sorry, absolutely no logic to their trading for JOM. Who trades their two best players for nothing and then trades away any decent picks for this year and next...for ONE player ( OK, one with great potential) but at the end of the day still a player who hasn't played for two years. Unbelievably risky.
They stuffed up and have traded away their immediate future.

Excuses for me.
There'll be a few sleepless nights this season as they hope he can come good.

And seriously, to pretty much insinuate that Hawthorn gave us that deal to make up for trying to poach Carlisle last season? Ha...if anyone believes that I've got some real estate in Antarctica to sell them.
Most of that is subjective opinion and I think you missed his point as to why they risked getting pick 10.

I don't think anyone is denying it's a roll of the dice.

All I will say is that they are either very certain he'll come good or they have lost the plot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming into to 2016 Clarko was keen to regenerate the list but after we won all thos games by 3 points and were in a chance i think he decided to h

I would like to think we can still make the 8, but like you said could finish as low as 12.

What would've been a disaster is if we continued to rely so heavily on Mitchell, Lewis and Gibson. We need to threw youngsters in there and give them opportunities. Lovell, Langford, TMitch, in the guts and Brand playing KPD with Gibbo taking a leaser role.
That sounds like us 2011. Once we started looking good, Lyon reverted to senior players for one last hurrah.

Sounds like had you lost more midway, you would have given more games to kids.

That sounds like us 2011. Once we started looking good, Lyon reverted to senior players for one last hurrah.

Sounds like had you lost more midway, you would have given more games to kids.

Spot on. That was always the plan coming into the season but silly not to have a crack when at one stage we were 2 games clear on top. All those close wins were a false economy though.

Spot on. That was always the plan coming into the season but silly not to have a crack when at one stage we were 2 games clear on top. All those close wins were a false economy though.
Well I'm one of the few who don't underestimate your competitive spirit and your coach's ability to reinvent things.

I have a deep respect for clubs that can do what you guys have done over the last 10 years so best of luck with it all.

Agree needed pick 10 as a draft threat and hope he comes good in 2018 Hawks are the right club to manage him.
2017 however i hope he can't get a game and you bomb down the ladder :D

IMO Hawks will Finish 15th.
I see every other team improving except them.
Omeara wont be ready. The chemisty will take at least 2017. 2 best players gone, run from hill gone, hodge on one leg. You would think and expect a down year from the hawks. If they made the 8 it would be an amazing effort. How many games won under a goal?

IMO Hawks will Finish 15th.
I see every other team improving except them.
Omeara wont be ready. The chemisty will take at least 2017. 2 best players gone, run from hill gone, hodge on one leg. You would think and expect a down year from the hawks. If they made the 8 it would be an amazing effort. How many games won under a goal?
Reckon more 6-10th. But once there in finals anything could happen.
Can't really be conclusive atm with so many huge questions:
O'Meara?
Roughead?
Older guys?
Supposed new game style?

Sorry friend but Omeara ain't good to go at all. And O'mera didn't just have an injury he had a patella tendon condition, tendonitis even before he ruptured the same tendon. Burton dislocated his kneecap O'mera completely ruptured the patella tendon and Burton didn't have chronic patella tendonitis as well before injury. Anyway we'll see but if was a betting man l wouldn't be parting with any cash my friend.

Back