• Yes

Votes: 300 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • Bring back the pelican

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm gonna spew if they get Fyfe next year.

If they start heading down the ladder as we expect I'm not sure he'll want to go there. Strikes me as a very competitive type and actually I think he probably won't leave Freo because they are going to be a whole lot better than this season, after a very successful trade period.

Hope mav gives him a work over. Nice hard tackle straight into the turf

I predict JOM won't play more than 3 games for the year. History has shown he is able to get on the park for training and tick all the boxes, but game intensity is a completely different kettle of fish.

I predict JOM won't play more than 3 games for the year. History has shown he is able to get on the park for training and tick all the boxes, but game intensity is a completely different kettle of fish.

Like Rors said, you can't avoid being tackled for ever!

1st game at edihad will be interesting..

I am lead to believe that the Hawks will draw on all their experience with treating chronic injuries.

In 2002 Daniel Chick had his left-ring finger surgically amputated following chronic dislocation.

If my mail is correct, Jaeger will shortly enter Hospital to have his troublesome knees removed.

There will of course be a very long period of rehabilitation required before Hawthorn fans are able to see Gumby O'Meara take to the field again :cool:

I was looking at Hawthorn's draft history for another thread, turns out Hawthorn are practically allergic to first rounders this decade and the AFL could soon restrict their future trading. They took two players in 2015 which buys them a little breathing space in the four year rule (teams must used at least two first rounders in a four year period) but even so. Here's the figures:

2010 - Drafted Isaac Smith at pick 19
2011 - Traded first rounder (pick 24, ultimately Henry Schade at Gold Coast) to Adelaide as part of the Jack Gunston trade First pick 33 Bradley Hill
2012 - Traded first rounder (pick 21, ultimately Nathan Hrovat) to Footscray as part of the Brian Lake trade. First pick 28 Tim O'Brien
2013 - Traded first rounder (pick 18, ultimately Luke Dunstan) to St Kilda as part of the Ben McEvoy trade.
2013 - Traded first round compensation pick (pick 19, ultimately Blake Acres) to St Kilda as part of a pick trade. First pick 24 Billy Hartung
2014 - Traded first rounder (pick 19, ultimately Blaine Boekhorst at Carlton) to Western Sydney as part of the Jono O'Rourke trade. First pick 31 Daniel Howe
2015 - Broke the pattern, traded in first rounder (pick 19, Ryan Burton) from North Melbourne as part of the Jed Anderson trade as well as using their pick 22 on Kieran Lovell
2016 - Traded first rounder (pick 16, ultimately Todd Marshall at Port) to Sydney as part of the Tom Mitchell trade.
2016 - Traded out their 2017 first rounder for St Kilda's first rounder (pick 11, ultimately Jack Bowes through academy bidding), ontraded to Gold Coast as part of the Jaegar O'Meara trade. First pick 74 Harry Morrison
2017 - Traded first rounder (?) to St Kilda as part of a pick trade. First pick ?

So a traditional Hawthorn first rounder isn't a high pick and it's produced a mixed history of players. 2014 shouldn't count because Carlton.

Smith, Gunston, Lake, McEvoy, Hartung, Mitchell. That's a pretty good strike rate with first rounders!

Looks even better if JOR and JOM come on.

If I understand the rule correctly - if they took two first rounders in 2015 that means they could literally not take another first rounder until 2019 and still technically have taken 2 over a 4 year period? It's a very poorly worded rule and the AFL seems to make it up as they go.

It is, but it's easy to forget the price of a first rounder is having to pick up players later, their first selections in that time frame are pretty underwhelming. Kind of like when we were picking up players like Raymond and Sweeney late.

We already knew the future trading rules were poorly worded after the schmozzle last year with O'Meara and the future second. Your interpretation is correct as worded but wouldn't put it past the AFL to move the goalposts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith, Gunston, Lake, McEvoy, Hartung, Mitchell. That's a pretty good strike rate with first rounders!

Looks even better if JOR and JOM come on.

If I understand the rule correctly - if they took two first rounders in 2015 that means they could literally not take another first rounder until 2019 and still technically have taken 2 over a 4 year period? It's a very poorly worded rule and the AFL seems to make it up as they go.

If they wait until 2019 they will have to take 2 first rounders. ( though we still don't know if the penalty is being forced to have dinner at Gil's place or something worse ).
Cat's will be the first test. They are supposed to take at least one first rounder this year, but they don't have a pick.

If they wait until 2019 they will have to take 2 first rounders. ( though we still don't know if the penalty is being forced to have dinner at Gil's place or something worse ).
Cat's will be the first test. They are supposed to take at least one first rounder this year, but they don't have a pick.
And yet there's talk that they're into Hopper! Would like to see how they manage to both trade in a first and also get Hopper for something else.

And yet there's talk that they're into Hopper! Would like to see how they manage to both trade in a first and also get Hopper for something else.

What? Really? Is that just coming from their supporters or a more credible source? It seems completely ridiculous to me.

What? Really? Is that just coming from their supporters or a more credible source? It seems completely ridiculous to me.

Hi GWS guys, we'd like to trade for Hopper.
Yeah sorry we don't have a first round pick, we were kind of hoping we could get one somehow, but we need to keep it.
Yeah i know you want to reduce your list but we can trade you a really good player in exchange for Hopper.
No that's not right, we have other good young players apart from Danger.
Yeah we have umm... Kolodjashnij.
No that's his brother.
We have Hayball , Ratugolia, and Gregson
Aren't you in list managment you should have heard of them.
Anyway what can we do to get this deal done....
Guys.....
Hello.....
Guys.....

Motlop is a RFA so he could get them a first round pick as compo I guess, but that still leaves them needing another first if they want to get Hopper. I just can't see it happening.

Motlop is a RFA so he could get them a first round pick as compo I guess, but that still leaves them needing another first if they want to get Hopper. I just can't see it happening.

I hope Motlop doesn't get them a first rounder. He's been average for a long time now.

I hope Motlop doesn't get them a first rounder. He's been average for a long time now.

Weren't they shopping him round without any takers last trade period.
I don't know what you'd pay him ( which will determine his free agency compensation).
The best you'd possibly think would be end of first round. I guess that would count as a first rounder for trading purposes.
Players like Sean Higgins only got 2nd round.
Last few years only James Frawley got a 1st.

He came 2nd in their B&F just last year. Wasn't as good this year, but he still managed to kick 38 goals, which is pretty bloody good from an ordinary year.

Apparently came back from his offseason very overweight last year, presumably a big part of the reason his form dropped, but I think I read he came back in far better shape this time around, so I won't be surprised at all if he returns to form and has teams keen on him again. Maybe even us.

We could do with someone with his line-breaking speed and goal kicking ability.

He came 2nd in their B&F just last year. Wasn't as good this year, but he still managed to kick 38 goals, which is pretty bloody good from an ordinary year.

Apparently came back from his offseason very overweight last year, presumably a big part of the reason his form dropped, but I think I read he came back in far better shape this time around, so I won't be surprised at all if he returns to form and has teams keen on him again. Maybe even us.

We could do with someone with his line-breaking speed and goal kicking ability.

I'd spew if we went after him. Selfish "look at me" little turd.

Back