List Mgmt. Hawthorn 2018 Trade discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez he looks like a dodgy campaigner, doesn't he?

And how long is DS' head?

Too much nerve tonic will do that to you.

905900.jpg

It's about what I;d expect from him not the brightest spark going around. Christ knows how is rated so highly, had two decades to be a list and done jack s**t. Perspective Hawthorn went 17 years without a flag " flag drought, worse period post our first flag" Essendon currently are 14 years without a finals victory, please scum for ever keep dodo bird.

The rule of thumb is supposed to be two or three double ups against top six and middle six sides so our fixture could look like

Sydney*
Pies
West coast*
Geelong*
Essendon*
Port*

I reckon the * is a definite and with the other maybe substitute Melbourne

Going to be pretty tough you would think
Nice little earners though

Who was it that posted the ins and outs from our last final, to what we will field next year?

Can someone link me to that post?

After trade week and injury returns , the ins and outs compared to the side that lost to Melbourne in the SF could look like this:

In: Wingard, Scully, O'Meara, Stratton, Birchall, Ceglar
Out: Burton, Mirra, Nash, Duryea, Henderson, Howe

That is a MASSIVE quality difference (despite the loss of Burton, who was far from terrible, but 7th last ranked of our 22 on afl fantasy points for that game).

B Ben Stratton, James Frawley, Blake Hardwick

HB Shaun Burgoyne, James Sicily, Grant Birchall

C Isaac Smith, Liam Shiels, Tom Scully

HF Chad Wingard , Jarryd Roughead, Jack Gunston

F Luke Breust, Ryan Schoenmakers, Paul Puopolo

Fol Ben McEvoy, Jaeger O'Meara , Tom Mitchell

I/C Jarman Impey, Harry Morrison, James Worpel, Jonathon ceglar

Orange* Wont be playing injured/unfit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After trade week and injury returns , the ins and outs compared to the side that lost to Melbourne in the SF could look like this:

In: Wingard, Scully, O'Meara, Stratton, Birchall, Ceglar

That is a MASSIVE quality difference (despite the loss of Burton, who was far from terrible, but 7th last ranked of our 22 on afl fantasy points for that game).
You would have to say, if all fit and ready to go...

Wingard>>>Duryea
O’meara>>>Howe
Birchall>>>Burton
Scully>>>>Henderson
Stratton>>>Mirra
Ceglar>>>Nash

Although it obviously remains to be seen if Scully and Birchall are there Round 1, guys like Scrimshaw, Moore, Hanrahan and Glass could hopefully come with a rush next year too.

Not sure what all the talk about Hawthorn dropping down to bottom 4 is based on.

Sure, we have quite a few 30+ year olds, but they're all still expected to contribute in 2019, otherwise they'd have been moved on like Lewis, Mitchell and Hodge were. Even if we accept that each of those 30+ year olds drop off a bit, we can just as easily assume the younger guys on the list improve to make up the difference.

On paper our list in 2019 will be better than it was this year. In actual performance terms I would expect it will also be better - and that's assuming Scully plays very little senior footy and Scrimshaw spends the entire year at Box Hill. If we get more from them than that then we'll be flying.

I still expect we'll finish in the top 8 in 2019. It would take a bunch of injuries to key players to make me think otherwise.

Not sure what all the talk about Hawthorn dropping down to bottom 4 is based on.

Sure, we have quite a few 30+ year olds, but they're all still expected to contribute in 2019, otherwise they'd have been moved on like Lewis, Mitchell and Hodge were. Even if we accept that each of those 30+ year olds drop off a bit, we can just as easily assume the younger guys on the list improve to make up the difference.

On paper our list in 2019 will be better than it was this year. In actual performance terms I would expect it will also be better - and that's assuming Scully plays very little senior footy and Scrimshaw spends the entire year at Box Hill. If we get more from them than that then we'll be flying.

I still expect we'll finish in the top 8 in 2019. It would take a bunch of injuries to key players to make me think otherwise.

Buddy is over 30. Swans better get rid of him......

You would have to say, if all fit and ready to go...

Wingard>>>Duryea
O’meara>>>Howe
Birchall>>>Burton
Scully>>>>Henderson
Stratton>>>Mirra
Ceglar>>>Nash

Yup, if we can make those ins happen, Melbourne will have to play much better next time around if they want to get close. Especially given they only had 3 more scoring shots, and we also had Mitchell with a busted AC joint and Burgoyne with broken ribs. Melbourne have had a decent trade period too, and will also have some decent injury returns from our last game, but I definitely think our full list is much closer to them than the footy world gives us credit for.

Although it obviously remains to be seen if Scully and Birchall are there Round 1, guys like Scrimshaw, Moore, Hanrahan and Glass could hopefully come with a rush next year too.

I think GWS would be very surprised to see Scully in our round 1 team given the pick they accepted. If Birchall can't make round 1, surely it is time for him to consider giving the game away. Surely that would mean another failure in the recovery process has occurred.

I'd guess Scrimshaw needs a full year in the VFL before he's ready to force his way in, but if Birchall doesn't get himself right, he might be an outside chance of seeing some action next year, but Glass would still be ahead of him I'd have thought. I'm hoping Moore or Hanrahan can put some pressure on Poppy's spot in the 22, but looked like they'd need to improve on their defensive side to be seen as 1:1 replacements for Poppy.

Does anyone know if we are looking to trade our future first round pick to get back into this draft?

If we estimate our future first to be around say pick 14. Would love us to trade that pick and land a couple of 2nd rounders this year.

Being a strong draft, would be nice to find a couple of gems that we can develop to replace some of our 30+ year olds moving forward.

Our double ups were Sydney 7th geelong 8th Essendon 11th Saints 13th and Brisbane 15th

None from the eventual top 6 but we won 2 from 5 there

The rule of thumb is supposed to be two or three double ups against top six and middle six sides so our fixture could look like

Sydney*
Pies
West coast*
Geelong*
Essendon*
Port*

I reckon the * is a definite and with the other maybe substitute Melbourne

Going to be pretty tough you would think

We'll cop as double ups next year
Eagles
GWS
Tigers
Swans
Brisbane
Cats

Bookmark it

Very happy with our trades, not so much with Topiary’s pontifications. WAY off the mark with TL and I have doubts about the BB so called god father offer

Better luck next year Tops

Give it up mate. If we had a poll to determine the most interesting poster Tops would be odds on favourite and you wouldn't be a candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back