List Mgmt. Hawthorn 2018 Trade discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick 5?? Obviously a typo.
From the article above:

"Fairfax Media understands that Chad Wingard’s move to Hawthorn, in exchange for Ryan Burton and pick 15 – and possibly something else – is potentially linked to these moves, with Port eventually ending up with pick five and losing pick six. They would also receive pick 15 from Hawthorn."

Ralphs version does not include Hawthorn or Port. More believable

collateral picks may spin out and be involved, but not the same thing.

although Ralph did say wingard could be in

upload_2018-10-16_21-47-26.png

Last edited:

Maybe in lane 18 of the pool he’ll be rehabbing in. The ONLY way I’d entertain bringing in Patton will be if they pay his 2019 salary. This way you can put the kid on ice for 2019 and get him ready for Roughie retires.
It would be easy enough to restructure his contract to be a 3 year deal on less money per year, have him rehab (same as Jaeger) & introduce him late next year with 2020 in mind.
He could easily be a 5 year plan moving forward if there aren’t any more knee issues.
KPF solved for for a Scully type deal.

I'm more concerned with our forward line than our defence. Roughead will continue to decline, as will Poppy. We need a big target to ease the pressure on Gunston and Breust.

We got him he wears #6 no key forwards available would be wrapped if we got may. Imagine sic,wingard,gunston,breust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be easy enough to restructure his contract to be a 3 year deal on less money per year, have him rehab (same as Jaeger) & introduce him late next year with 2020 in mind.
He could easily be a 5 year plan moving forward if there aren’t any more knee issues.

Be a good go-between for Rough and Lewis imo. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if Roughy retires next or the following year. From reports(I don’t know, never seen the kid play) Lewis is still a couple of years away. So would fit in perfectly, to team with Rough for a year, and then go on and help Lewis to become the #1 forward.

From the article above:

"Fairfax Media understands that Chad Wingard’s move to Hawthorn, in exchange for Ryan Burton and pick 15 – and possibly something else – is potentially linked to these moves, with Port eventually ending up with pick five and losing pick six. They would also receive pick 15 from Hawthorn."

Pick 15 + Burton is overs

Pick 15 + Burton + something else is a deadset rogering

Use the future 4th we got from the Dogs for Doc ;)

The only problem I have is we’d essentially be buying our way out of making a play for Cogs next year.

Some serious underrating of Wingard at the moment. He seriously has the potential to be in the top few players in the comp, have a look at his past two 'down years' still producing good football. I do not want to lose Burton but i have come around to it.

15 and Burton with a 2nd or most likely 3rd coming back is not that far off fair value when you consider he is contracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back