Hawthorn Trade Thread

• Thread starter The Hitman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

If West or Camporeale are offered for Croad the deal is done. I'll back up Grendel & go with West first.
With either deal you are talking about the elite of the AFL for at best a maybe. Croad has shown he can play chb but has not really done anything much anywhere else.

I am surprised by the amount of interest in Croad.

But I have to admit that I am with the Hitter on this - a leap of faith perhaps, but Bunghole reckons that Croad has the package to be an even better player than himself.

Pretty decent wrap I woulda thought.

Hawthorn needs a Ratten/West/Johnson type not a Campo/Cambo/Bradley type.

There is no doubt that Camporeale is the infinitely more accomplished player at the moment...

But I (stupidly perhaps) think that Croad will be one of the greats of the game.

I am scared that it might be for another side.

Originally posted by The Hitman

I'd trade McCabe for Plunkett. McCabe is an experienced player who is still young, and is consistant. Great defensive tagger.

Not even close. You'd have to do a lot better than that. Many Hawks fans I speak to think McCabe is hardly worth his spot in the side, and were relieved when he got suspended for a week in rd 22. McCabe and Lonie I would do.

Originally posted by Blues2001

Not even close. You'd have to do a lot better than that. Many Hawks fans I speak to think McCabe is hardly worth his spot in the side, and were relieved when he got suspended for a week in rd 22. McCabe and Lonie I would do.

McCabe and Lonie for Plunkett?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :p :D

Originally posted by Chris_23

McCabe and Lonie for Plunkett?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :p :D

Exactly my reaction when Hitman offered me JUST McCabe. I've never seen McCabe do anything good in his career so far. As for Lonie, one good game (after being statless the week before)and he is the best young player since Leigh Matthews.

Glad you reject it Blues2001 I wouldn't give up Mccabe for either Plunkett or Hulme. You are right however that Mccabe isn't loved by some Hawks supporters- look at his last 2 weeks however & you see a very good player.
I think Hitters has been sacked anyway.

You must be kidding! McCabe is one of the best small defenders in the league - I wasn't a fan at first, but his past 3 years have been consistent and very good. He is one of the quickest players off the mark I have ever seen - he is rarely beaten.

As for Lonie...I don't think so.

Originally posted by goatmaster
Glad you reject it Blues2001 I wouldn't give up Mccabe for either Plunkett or Hulme.

:confused: Plunkett and Hulme are WAY better players than McCabe.

Did McCabe get 10 votes last night? I don't think he even got one.

As for Plunkett, he hasn't put a foot wrong since he came to Carlton. Not many players manage to get close to 30 possessions in half their games when they have hardly played senior footy before. Plunkett and Hulme would be great at Hawthorn....never mind, we'll happily keep em.

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk

You must be kidding! McCabe is one of the best small defenders in the league - I wasn't a fan at first, but his past 3 years have been consistent and very good. He is one of the quickest players off the mark I have ever seen - he is rarely beaten.

Before this year you were certainly one of the McCabe haters GH:p

So you wouldn't trade him for Hulme and Plunkett?

Exactly my reaction when Hitman offered me JUST McCabe. I've never seen McCabe do anything good in his career so far. As for Lonie, one good game (after being statless the week before)and he is the best young player since Leigh Matthews.

Luke McCabe has a bad reputation. Yes, he stuffed up about 4 times in crucial moments a few years back, but over the last 2 years he has been as consistent as anyone at Hawthorn. I don't mind that he is under-rated, i do get mad when people say he's a dud. Anyone who thinks that Luke McCabe doesn't play good footy is just mis-informed.

As for Lonie.... He played a fantastic game against the Swans, he was good against the Bulldogs and he was fantastic in the second half on the weekend. He was hardly on the ground against Port (don't ask me why) so i'm willing to forgive him for that one.

IMHO Lonie has far more scope for improvement than Plunkett and Luke McCabe is more valuable to us than people realise. I'm happy with the no-trade. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Chris_23

IMHO Lonie has far more scope for improvement than Plunkett and Luke McCabe is more valuable to us than people realise. I'm happy with the no-trade. :)

I still think Plunkett has a lot of room for improvement. The fact that he finds the ball 20-30 times a week so early in his career is great, all he needs is a summer with Diesel and/or Ratten giving him some help and his disposal will get better. It is already getting better.

Look, I don't think McCabe is that bad, I'm more influenced by the Hawks supporters I know who haven't forgiven him for bad mistakes in the past.

But I've noticed that you don't think much of Plunkett yourself Chris....why is that?

But I've noticed that you don't think much of Plunkett yourself Chris....why is that?

No not at all! I'm a huge fan of Jimmy Plunkett. So much so that i actually bet on him to get more possesions than Simon Goodwin in the final a few weeks back! (thanks Jimmy ;) )

Plunkett will get better, and he doesn't need to get that much better to be a really great player. It's just that Lonie is so explosive, we haven't really had a player like Nathan at Hawthorn for a long time. We obviously need guys to get the footy out but Nathan is a goal kicking midfielder and one of the main criticisms of the Hawthorn midfield is that they don't kick enough goals. Nat Lonie is also a little more versatile than Jimmy, he can play forward, back, and on the wing.

I didn't mean any disrespect to Plunkett or Hulme (i'm a big fan of Hulme) It's just that i'm happy with what we've got.

Before this year you were certainly one of the McCabe haters GH:p

So you wouldn't trade him for Hulme and Plunkett?

No - I haven't had a bad word to say about McCabe since early 1999...he has been very good since then. No trade at all - McCabe is only 24 I think - he will play another 150 games for us.

:confused: Plunkett and Hulme are WAY better players than McCabe.

Did McCabe get 10 votes last night? I don't think he even got one.

As for Plunkett, he hasn't put a foot wrong since he came to Carlton. Not many players manage to get close to 30 possessions in half their games when they have hardly played senior footy before. Plunkett and Hulme would be great at Hawthorn....never mind, we'll happily keep em.
on the brownlow vote basis I will trade you the following- Piccioane(4)& Tallis (6) for Camporeale(5), Whitnall (2), Beaumont (0)- a good deal my freind you should trust me :D
As for who is a better player I would honestly rate Mcaabe a better player than Plunkett but not as good as Hulme for mine it is just that our defence is now good & stable & I would only change that for a star- which Mccabe isn't worth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back