• Eagles by a fair bit

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks looked to be playing at 100% capacity
West Coast maybe at 80% of their best they can produce
A good win for the Eagles on the road and down on their best
Nah. Hawthorn are way down on confidence. That was nowhere near their best. The effort was there, which is an improvement on last weekend's dismal 4th quarter tank. The Eagles defended really well - they put up a road block and the Hawk's ball movement was just too damn slow. Nobody wanted to take a risk. We hardly looked like scoring.

All in all, it was a pretty ordinary performance by the Hawks against a good unit.

Good win by West Coast. Too good for Hawthorn.

Great grinding win.

4 points .....Head home for some home cooking. We didn’t play that well but we got it done

Get on gaff for the Brownlow now ......he’s had six BEST ON GROUNDS already

Happy days to be 9-1 ...what we are doing well is playing good team footy

Darling was well held today ....yet others stepped up ...we don’t rely on anyone one player to get it done

April & May 2018, been great knowing you, come what may in winter and beyond.

If we win against the Saints next week, that would be our best winning streak since 1996.

I'm, still waiting to see footage of the "blue murder" blocking we got away with against them.

I mean, have you looked for it or are you just wanting a fairy to deliver it to your inbox?

Not hard to find if you actually put some effort in, then you could complain and look like you have some substance behind it

Eagles a touch too sharp. Hawthorn turnover crazy, cannot score when it's really needed. We indeed have a lot of work to do the players almost look a bit disinterested, or lackadaisical, unable to decide where to go , way to much looking for a sideways escape , no attacking , in the air not very good, and a disappointing part is that the Eagles didn't look that hot either, weird frees to both sides, Ceglar will be fine needs game time , Bruest out of it, Gunner only OK , Roughy had an ordinary day as did O 'Meara and Mitchell, Burton I'm not sure about, Hardwicke tried all day, Morrison tried, Sheils ok Duryea ok , but the magic she's disappeared for the moment folks.
Mc Evoy contested but kept Naitanui, reasonably out of it.

The team needs the time to gell now , to know what each other is doing where they'll be and that takes time, probably why Burgs is not on fire, sometimes not knowing what a team mate will do and you are so geared to the discipline that is a long long learning curve for the others, we'll get there , but 2018 is a learner, and if we had have pinched it , we wouldn't have deserved it.

Great big improvement needed by the Hawks, very mid range looking side at the moment, I guess Brisbane could be said to have made us even look worse.
But you have to learn to grow back , every one does , hopefully we will get it together quicker than most!

Isaac Smith got lost on the wing last quarter, no where to go no one giving something for him, Burgs looks like he is not sure whats happening , they appear out of form to me, lots of them, next year better.

I hate the lack of ATTACK though , why is no one fast breaking, the game plans are all geared to "BE CAREFUL" we don't attack.
And we can't kick very well any more, precision was our strength and that is why it takes ages to teach and have it happen, why no SHOE? Is he out of form is he playing at Box Hill? We seem to not be good in the air , but one thing I'll say again, Hawthorn always make it hard, they didn't today , but Langford is an animal , and he puts some gut into the team , we look a bit like pussies at the moment, can't stick a tackle and Sicily needs to get some mongrel back, but the politically correct AFL have killed that in what used to be a good sport.

Predictable rubbish , as I said Eagles a touch sharper that's about it, but at this level an inch is worth a mile!

April & May 2018, been great knowing you, come what may in winter and beyond.

If we win against the Saints next week, that would be our best winning streak since 1996.

In a streak like this, every win now is so much more hard earned. They need to have a loss or two later in the year to be really well prepared for a flag tilt but today was a really good win for the Eagles.

The hawks were good, not great, but they gave everything and just ran out of legs against a better 22.

Port are coming off a bye, is that pencil in a win for them.?

Many suggested your 'reign' was over but think they may now be shocked as to how long it takes to reset.

I think many were more shocked at how well we started and got excited so I think now the last couple of weeks is just bringing us back to where most (sane ones) thought we would finish (11th) and figure that’s about where they will remain for the next couple of seasons at least. Next season may see Rioli, rough and silk retire (or go elsewhere :/) so it’s not going to improve quickly that’s for sure. A couple of seasons getting some decent picks and hopefully some quality trades and that hopefully continues to keep us from the blues/saints type existence.

At the end of the day we’ve had a really good run and there shouldn’t be a single hawk disappointed in how things are going at the moment. The biggest concern imo is Clarko thinking that he’s lost the players and the ongoing issues of GWS and the lure of a new challenge seeing him leave - that would be a disaster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** hawks & their constant dropping of the ball & throwing every game, umpire protected. Piss off now hawks back to the pack with the plodders.

Good lord if you think the hawks are bad, then good luck when you meet the swans and dogs.

For some eagles supporters it seems the pain of 2015 still lingers. Take a deep breath, let it go, it was so yesterday and enjoy your season - your boys are playing beautifully (I’m saying that’s due to Mitchell) so just enjoy the ride

I think many were more shocked at how well we started and got excited so I think now the last couple of weeks is just bringing us back to where most (sane ones) thought we would finish (11th) and figure that’s about where they will remain for the next couple of seasons at least. Next season may see Rioli, rough and silk retire (or go elsewhere :/) so it’s not going to improve quickly that’s for sure. A couple of seasons getting some decent picks and hopefully some quality trades and that hopefully continues to keep us from the blues/saints type existence.

At the end of the day we’ve had a really good run and there shouldn’t be a single hawk disappointed in how things are going at the moment. The biggest concern imo is Clarko thinking that he’s lost the players and the ongoing issues of GWS and the lure of a new challenge seeing him leave - that would be a disaster
Thank you for the reply.

Good stuff, Eagles. I think getting that hoodoo broken was very valuable for the side. And of course, you take four points any way they come.

Tense stuff the way through.

Back