Game Day Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide - 2nd Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

"The first sign I saw when I walked into the Port Adelaide Football Club as a kid was: 'Individuals win the ball, teams win games...but clubs win premierships.'" - Tim Ginever

Today isn't just about the 22 that take to the field. It's about their families who have supported them through thick and thin, driving them to football training as a junior in the middle of winter to ensure they develop in to the best talent they possibly can.

It's about outstanding individuals like Keith Thomas and David Koch, who, out of love...not for personal adulation or praise, but out of a love for Port Adelaide as a club and what it stands for...set out to forge a path back to what made this club both feared and respected in the competition it played in.

It's about the unsung heroes of the club, some volunteers, some paid - but all pulling in the same direction, doing their bit to ensure that the players who take to the field can concentrate on their singular purpose - to win the game.

It's about the 20,000 supporters who have or will be making the journey across to the MCG to stand as one and offer their unconditional support as Port Adelaide strives to reach the biggest stage in Australian Rules Football.

It's about everyone associated with the club being unified about their role today. The preliminary final is the gateway to the promised land. The only thing we can't lose is respect. But we don't exist to win respect. We exist to win premierships, and it's one week too early for the journey of the 2014 season to end.

Port. I don't care by how much.

P.S You can merge this in with your thread when you start it, Ford. I'm just excited :)

#pfportvhawks

Last edited by a moderator:

The longest week, just became the longest day.

NTUA and NGI will be on high rotation this morning, followed by shopping trip to keep the kids and myself entertained. Flying solo today as wifey has a weekend away, so my choices are either:

A) record the game, ignore all media and watch the game after they are asleep
B) watch the game while doing their dinner, bath and sleep time. Likely will end up putting them into the bath with their pyjamas on and a bowl of cereal and hope they don't notice
C) hire a babysitter and pretend I do not have kids for 3 hours....

Think option B is most likely

* note I will remember to dress the kids after the bath, not before...I hope.

Its going to be a hard game today but if port bow out tonight we can still be proud of what they achieved this season :)

Brave Port fans on the "Harlett" bus is all fired up and raring to go. One cold and uncomfortable trip overnight with the heater broke, cramped conditions and bus drivers having nfi.

Hawthorn fans look out. We are mean and grumpy today.

What makes it a Hartlett bus? Is it a hammer on wheels? And more importantly has anyone used the 'stop hammer time' joke yet?

Hawks have been talking about their depleted line up in round 10 but we are going into this game without the following players from that game:
Dom, Mitchell, Impey, Young (sub)

Having Moore, Oshea, Neade and Tommy Jonas in the side makes us a lot more flexible and an even better side that won against the Hawks earlier in the season.

It is going to be a tough job but I think with constant defensive pressure we can overcome the hawks.

Carn Ports.

So Richmond supporter on North board, you did well and nobody would of got closer, you've had a great year! Sums up my they languish where they do, Port Adelaide does not accept mediocrity.

We play really well for 4 quarters we beat hawthorn and Sydney. Run run run boys. We can do this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The longest week, just became the longest day.

NTUA and NGI will be on high rotation this morning, followed by shopping trip to keep the kids and myself entertained. Flying solo today as wifey has a weekend away, so my choices are either:

A) record the game, ignore all media and watch the game after they are asleep
B) watch the game while doing their dinner, bath and sleep time. Likely will end up putting them into the bath with their pyjamas on and a bowl of cereal and hope they don't notice
C) hire a babysitter and pretend I do not have kids for 3 hours....

Think option B is most likely

* note I will remember to dress the kids after the bath, not before...I hope.
I would skip the bath, clean kids should be the least concerning thing for you to do today. Big bowl of ice cream doesn't go astray either.

I get to finish my business class for plumbing today and will probably miss the first half sadly. Straight from classroom to alberton for me and hope I miss the speed cameras from marion to meca. There is the large screen again right?

Its going to be a hard game today but if port bow out tonight we can still be proud of what they achieved this season :)
Not if we go out like North , if we go out we go out fighting to the bitter end!

NO RETREAT NO SURENDER!

So Richmond supporter on North board, you did well and nobody would of got closer, you've had a great year! Sums up my they languish where they do, Port Adelaide does not accept mediocrity.

We play really well for 4 quarters we beat hawthorn and Sydney. Run run run boys. We can do this.
I'll take eight.

P.S You can merge this in with your thread when you start it, Ford. I'm just excited :)

I slept too long again it seems :p

Some of these highlights are breathtaking, We played some exciting brave football when we beat them at Adelaide Oval.

Weather: 17C, morning showers, clearing in the afternoon.

We know the opposition, we know what we're up against.

To continue the Voodoo theme ... here come the drums, here come the drums

I had a nightmare last night that got home late from work and game had started. I switched on and at 3/4 time we were 50 points down. we went on to get belted by 100.

I don't want to go through that again. it was horrible. Caaaarn the pear

Remove this Banner Ad

Back