Game Day Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide - 2nd Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Could've, would've, should've.

We got what we deserved.

And you know what, Ken knows it. The players know it. We will be back.

John Cahill lost Prelim Finals in 1974 and 1975 and a grand final in 1976. Did some damage after that.

Looking at it do you guys think we would have got near Sydney next week had we won in the end? We would have won by the skin of our dicks and Sydney had a training run against North. I know it's a bad way to look at it but I feel that we would have been pantsed by a strong fresher Sydney line up.
just **** off jesus ****ing christ have you learned a single thing about this team watching this year??? anyone any time anywhere

Looking at it do you guys think we would have got near Sydney next week had we won in the end? We would have won by the skin of our dicks and Sydney had a training run against North. I know it's a bad way to look at it but I feel that we would have been pantsed by a strong fresher Sydney line up.
would rather get there and find out than sit back and watch the others.

Both teams left the field at the same time, and I noticed that one Port player hung back to applaud the Hawks. Couldn't see the number, but it looked like Boak. It was a very classy thing to do, and if that's the sort of attitude your leaders have, then you guys have a great culture. We'll see each other again in 2015, and there's a fair chance it'll be in September too.

Congratulations guys. You would have been worthy winners.
You play an excellent style of football.

If you'd have won I would have been hoping you beat the Swans next week. I hope you guys feel the same.

So damn proud of our team. I love these guys. The march was fantastic and all Port supporters should be so proud. Didn't hear a bad word the whole day. We are an army and I'm a part of it. We lost but we won in so many ways. Brilliant. Can't wait for next year

Need to get some stuff off my chest.

Those who doubted Monfries can **** off.
Can we delist 'supporters'? PAFC United first gone please. Get a grip for christ sake.

That was so so predictable after wasting so many shots. When even Schulz is missing them...

****ing proud of our efforts, but so bloody frustrated.

Brave effort. Proud of the whole team clubs supporters, everyone but you know what let that burn in your gut guys cos finishing second is like kissing your sister.

How do we avoid that next year we finish top two and get a home preliminary final and take the maggots out of the equation.

WE ARE PORT ADELAIDE!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supported the Hawks all my life (48yr old) seen some great eras what im trying to say is that I sense PAFC are on the verge of a sensational era themselves lot of similarities between you guys and us in 2007/2008 .Really enjoyed watching your team this year bad luck about today in the end we were a bit too experienced and a little stronger around the ball but it still could've gone either way. When the wheel turns and natural attrition sends us down the ladder as it inevidably does in the AFL these days I really hope that its you guys that emerge as the team to beat and not these manufactured franchises up North .All the best in 2015.

I don't think Port could have beaten Sydney next week.

Just had my first few drinks, so things are seeming not so bad.

Have to be top 4 next season (top 2?) and Geelong wont be there.

Need another 2 big units to be performing. Butch to step up?? FFS Butch.

Can't drop games to Richmond and Collingwood next year.

Yeah, yeah 2 points 4 points 11 points. We lost. Shouldn't have. No more mid-year slump nonsense.

Should have left half our team home against Freo in Round 23 to focus on Week 1. We didn't have that luxury. Next year let's take it.

Polec, Trengove and Wingard to get that consistency right.

Massive upside for this squad. They seem tight and this is going to make them even hungrier.

I had the same feeling about this game that I did about the Geelong game last year - that we weren't quite good enough to take the next step, and if we had won, we would have got flogged.

One more pre-season, get a decent ruck (Ryder pls) to help Lobbe, and we'll be ready.

Hey there Port fans. Really admire the footy your team plays - very watchable. I hope Giants look like your lot in the next couple of years. Of the young teams looking to inherit the top flight, Port look the most likely. Going to make a huge push for the flag in the next few years. Good luck.

Sorry to intrude. Just wanted to say great game and to wish your club all the best for next year. You play some damn fine football. I think you guys are on the verge of something special. I think you'll be a powerhouse (excuse the pun) over the next few years.

Thanks again, and good luck.

I had the same feeling about this game that I did about the Geelong game last year - that we weren't quite good enough to take the next step, and if we had won, we would have got flogged.

One more pre-season, get a decent ruck (Ryder pls) to help Lobbe, and we'll be ready.
I was kinda feeling similar if we couldn't quell Roughie how the hell were we gonna stop Buddy, Skirt & the Australian of the year next week, anyway onwards & upwards we'll be around in september for a long time to come IMO

Jeeez today was full of " if only's" We gave it our best shot. Ollie today looked tired. Part of me is so fooked off while another part of me is so proud!!! Mixed emotions...... Hawthorn were just a little more polished and stronger around the ball. Ruffy reaming us with 6 goals ? certainly didn't help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back