MMA-UFC Herb Dean v Team Alpha Male

Remove this Banner Ad

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
just watching some fights on fight pass and noticed the early stoppages in a few Alpha fights. Before I get hate Im not saying this is intentional but it uncanny. Faber v Barao , Tj Dillashaw v Dodson TUF Finale, and Mendes v connor. Just picked off three big fights that went south

Dean is going to have earlier and later stoppages, like any other ref. I remember the Rousey/McMann card, where he let Waldburger take an awful lot of punishment and then stepped in quicker during the main event.

He's a good ref and because he's refereeing fights so often, there's going to be a bunch of mistakes or simply inconsistencies in his refereeing. The TAM thing is obviously just a coincidence, but it's still interesting.

I can't remember who, but I think someone on here mentioned that they think Goddard's the best ref right now. I'm starting to agree with that because I can't remember any terrible refereeing on his part. Actually, now that I think about it, wasn't he the ref for Aldo/Mendes 2? Not being in position at the end of round 1 was bad, but that's all I can think of.

Dean is going to have earlier and later stoppages, like any other ref. I remember the Rousey/McMann card, where he let Waldburger take an awful lot of punishment and then stepped in quicker during the main event.

He's a good ref and because he's refereeing fights so often, there's going to be a bunch of mistakes or simply inconsistencies in his refereeing. The TAM thing is obviously just a coincidence, but it's still interesting.

I can't remember who, but I think someone on here mentioned that they think Goddard's the best ref right now. I'm starting to agree with that because I can't remember any terrible refereeing on his part. Actually, now that I think about it, wasn't he the ref for Aldo/Mendes 2? Not being in position at the end of round 1 was bad, but that's all I can think of.
Yeah im not saying his bad, but just watching a few old fights noticed a pattern that I didnt see there before. it was just perculiar they were all big fights and all Alpha. I dont think the outcomes would of been any different just that It was early and in a world championship title fight you might wanna give someone a fair go

We all know that Yves and that Chick are the two best refs going around. You know im right.
Haven't seen Mazzagatti in the UFC for a while. He's bad, but there's a few that are probably just as bad.

Winslow, the female ref who has been around for a while, is terrible. She had some terrible standups at the recent Invicta event.

I saw there was another woman working UFC events recently. I think she's Brazilian and so far I haven't noticed her do anything bad. That's good, because it was a shame that the only woman refereeing in big events was so bad.

Like I said I don't think it is intentional prob with all the crowd behind Connor bit like an umpire at an Eagles game ;)
Haha. Comments about Eagles crowds are funny sometimes. I hear some people say we're so loud and that impacts the umpires. Then I hear others say that we're too quite because of all the older people at the games not making noise. Can't win. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Barao stoppage clearly looks late to me. Looked late live and now watching it in slow motion, it looks even worse. Dillashaw landed about 25 unanswered punches in 12 seconds up against the cage. Barao was trying to punch back but all he was really doing was flailing his arms. Was stopped with 4:28 left on the clock. I think it definitely should have been stopped with 4:34 left.

its a fair point and i guess he is doing what people like in championship fights is give him a go, but till it was pointed out to me a week ago maybe Herb is not number 1 like everyone says. there is some really big fights where he is pulling out very early, the result would not of changed at the end of the day but sometimes it seems he may be influenced by crowd or hype. but here is 4 examples of him going against Alpha Male fighters.

The Barao stoppage clearly looks late to me. Looked late live and now watching it in slow motion, it looks even worse. Dillashaw landed about 25 unanswered punches in 12 seconds up against the cage. Barao was trying to punch back but all he was really doing was flailing his arms. Was stopped with 4:28 left on the clock. I think it definitely should have been stopped with 4:34 left.

It doesn't count for much but Barao was protesting the stoppage as it was, imagine if Herb had stopped it earlier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back