Injury HFC Injury watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

CJ another 5 weeks. That's an 8 weeker.
Assuming they’ve gone to work on his body again with what they learnt in Doha, reset and build up the base.

Assuming they’ve gone to work on his body again with what they learnt in Doha, reset and build up the base.
Exactly what I thought.

No use not using the knowledge that has been gained.

Along the way, I heard various prognostications; approximately round 2, approximately round 4 or 5...to 'might not play this year'.

If it was Deal or No Deal, and they were the options, would you bank it?

Disappointed it's not best case, it sort of compatible with medium case, relieved it's not worst case.

Which is just a long winded way of saying I really don't have any positive or negative reaction to this..which begs the question.."Why did I bother posting at all?"

And as the answer to that is probably another 8 lines of waffle, I'll spare you all and stop now..

(Big footy tells me I've posted 17,000 times over 20 years. This one could well be the most pointless. But I'm hitting 'submit' anyway...So there!)

Last edited:
That kind of injury was always going to take a long time to manage. Better we get it completely right so as to mitigate any lasting or recurring issues down the track. Day is too important to our long-term future.

Same goes with CJ. His issues are recurring and obviously need to be managed carefully too.

We aren't competing for finals this season, so it's best to treat both cautiously and meticulously.

Along the way, I heard various prognostications; approximately round 2, approximately round 4 or 5...to 'might not play this year'.

Disappointed it's not best case, it sort of compatible with medium case, relieved it's not worst case.

Which is just a long winded way of saying I really don't have any positive or negative reaction to this..which begs the question.."Why didi I bother posting at all?"

And as the answer to that is probably another 8 lines of waffle, I'll spare you all and stop now..

(Big footy tells me I've posted 17,000 times over 20 years. This one could well be the most pointless. But I'm hitting 'submit' anyway...So there!)

Eldorado's sanity - 2 weeks away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would've loved Day to be back in a game or 2 but I'd much rather we take the cautious side and have him fully healed than rush him back. He's way too important for this clubs future to be risking him to try to squeak out a few extra wins. Finals for us this season was always going to be dependant on the starting 23's health so it is what it is and who knows what happens over the next 4-5 games.

Which is just a long winded way of saying I really don't have any positive or negative reaction to this..which begs the question.."Why didi I bother posting at all?"

eldorado, you give yourself far too much credit. This post is barely in your top 10,000 most pointless.

:D

I like the deal or no deal test. Will use that more often in my life.

This is why you're the Hawks board Mr Miyagi <3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back