Prediction How do we replace Bruce for finals?

How should we replace Josh Bruce for Finals

• Sweet/ Young in ruck & English forward

Votes: 42 55.3%
  • Schache forward

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Cordy forward

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Young forward

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Go small (I.e Naughton/ Marra with Weightman, VDM, Garcia

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Bontempelli forward

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Wallis forward

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There are a few in here that make a pretty good case for Cordy forward.

You've changed your tune Northern.... we chatted about this a few weeks ago and you were against it. As i said then, I don't mind it. He's not a KPD, but he's a handy third defender. But with Woody back and Bailey Williams who is killing it, he's lost that spot for now. Move him to the forward line when Keathy and the apparently all conquering Gardy (who I wish well of course) return. I'd have him there over Hannan. He's physical, he hits packs and he's a bit of a loose cannon up there, especially with Josh Bruce unfortunately gone for the season. Let him do the unfashionable grunt work, especially against guys like Stewart, Lever etc. and if he can get the ball to ground it's up to guys like Flea, Bont, JJ etc. to capitalise. Block for Timmy, Naughts and Bont too.

The guy has plenty of haters in here but at least he has a crack. Always rated that about him.

You've changed your tune Northern.... we chatted about this a few weeks ago and you were against it. As i said then, I don't mind it. He's not a KPD, but he's a handy third defender. But with Woody back and Bailey Williams who is killing it, he's lost that spot for now. Move him to the forward line when Keathy and the apparently all conquering Gardy (who I wish well of course) return. I'd have him there over Hannan. He's physical, he hits packs and he's a bit of a loose cannon up there, especially with Josh Bruce unfortunately gone for the season. Let him do the unfashionable grunt work, especially against guys like Stewart, Lever etc. and if he can get the ball to ground it's up to guys like Flea, Bont, JJ etc. to capitalise. Block for Timmy, Naughts and Bont too.

The guy has plenty of haters in here but at least he has a crack. Always rated that about him.
I am/was against it at the time. I thought we had the cattle to make other teams worry about us instead of playing a defensive forward to nullify the opposition. Sadly a bit has changed the past week or 2. I still don’t like it but there is a decent case for one off match up against a Tom Stewart type for example.
I’m still really bloody flat about Bruce to be honest.

I am/was against it at the time. I thought we had the cattle to make other teams worry about us instead of playing a defensive forward to nullify the opposition. Sadly a bit has changed the past week or 2. I still don’t like it but there is a decent case for one off match up against a Tom Stewart type for example.
I’m still really bloody flat about Bruce to be honest.

Yeah, fair enough mate. Me too. Felt shattered for the poor bloke. 9 seconds to go too. And he knew. Like Bob he knew. Nothing but best wishes for him!

You don’t need to kick goals Zaine,(although the first one in The Granny would be nice again!) Just make the interceptors accountable, get the ball to ground for the crumbers and get a couple of blokes wondering exactly where you are when a high ball’s coming in.

I get the feeling they're saving Martin up to do a Clark Keating in the finals.
He may actually be ready but no point risking him.

Cordy gets drawn up into the zoning no mans land too often, did any one else notice him come up to the contest when we already had 3 players converging on the ball carrier, allowing Wright the joe the goose goal?
Yes and he does it all the time. I'm not sure why he hasn't learnt as their are alternatives.

I would suggest that he is coached to play in front - and plays the structure as directed by the coaches.
This may be true but you play in front if the occasion dictates. Sometimes you have to play from behind, left shoulder or right shoulder, the defender has to make the call depending on opponents and what's happening up field. I think this where his decision making lets him down.

Back