Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffjennings79

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Getting to season-on-the-line scenario, really need to win tonight.

Bevo has gone tall in defence, brought in lots of Bs, moved one B to sub, but we all know the only real letter in play tonight is:

480px-Eo_circle_orange_white_letter-w.svg.png

Pro-Bevo, anti-Bevo, on the fence, it doesn't matter, all that matters is go Dogs, get it done! :bulldogs::largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largebluecircle:

Woof, woof, woof!

Teams, in, outs, maggo... oops - umpires, etc:

1689903753405.png

And oh, yes - 2 milestones as we're all aware I suspect:

Ed Richards playing career and club game #100, while Alexander Robin Keath plays career game #100, and club game #70.

Additionally, this is game #166 between us and the Tullamarine Spongey Floors.

Played: 165
Won: 68
Drawn: 2
Lost: 95

Plus 4 finals for a 2W - 2L record

Since 2000, played 30 of 32 at Docklands (Marvel), 1 (final) for a win at York Park in 2021 and 1 (H&A pandemic hub) win at Carrara.

Docklands we are 14W - 1D - 15L
Under Bevo at Docklands 6W - 1L (total under Bevo 8W - 1L)

Memorable games at Docklands under Bevo:

R21 2019 - 21 goals straight:

EF 2021 York Park:

R18 2015 - Ex-Bomber Crameri 7 goals:

If we lose, what do you expect will happen? Social media meltdown?
Whether we win or lose we know that somebody is going to bump the faith-in-Bevo thread. Exactly who bumps it will depend on whether we win or lose.

Personally I'd rather not contemplate that outcome. It's a valid question, but from now until the final siren tonight I'm trying to remain positive.

If we can’t beat them tonight we don’t deserve to limp into the 8.

If we can’t beat them tonight we don’t deserve to limp into the 8.

Many will disagree with this but a loss tonight we should put a line through the season and look to 2024 (I have already put a line through it)

Play Buss, Cleary, AJ, Gallagher and Clark before season end so as they go into pre season with a taste.

Try work on ball movement so as you can see what happens as a basis for pre season.

This year has been frustrating no need to prolong it.

Whether we win or lose we know that somebody is going to bump the faith-in-Bevo thread. Exactly who bumps it will depend on whether we in or lose.

I don't have stats dogwatch, but seems it gets bumped weekly well before the final siren. My prediction:

Winning easily: bumped just after 3/4 time, "where are all the haters now?"

Close game all night: bumped during 3rd quarter,
By any/all of "we should be smashing Essington, he needs to go", "players fault, Bevo can't kick goals/kick D50 clearances", "umpires killing us, not Bevo's fault", "umpires killing us but some/any sort of game plan (BF approved!) would negate that", "if only we'd played Cleary/Lobb/etc", "why did we play Bruce/Baker/Khamis", "I've switched my allegiance to Matildas/Bazball/whatever Brit police drama is on ABC"

Losing by any margin: bumped from point where we were headed or if never in the lead point where we dropped 3-4 goals behind and/or Peter Wright/Matt Guelfi/Jake Stringer dob their 5th from the boundary 50m out, "@#$% coach, $@%% players, sack everyone" (NBates social media meltdown prediction appears tame by comparison, BF servers self-combust)

Very mediocre looking team on paper not confident on a win tonight but then again so are the Bombres

Fwiw, my predictions:
  • 23 point win, shoot-out style game
  • JUH 4.2 Naughton 3.3 plus pick an Ess forward to kick 6
  • Faith in Bevo thread bumped by pro and anti Bevo posters simultaneously at the 26min mark of Q3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no doubt in my mind that you may be right!
More importantly, which meal have you favoured most during Bevo-coached games v Esendon? :)
Already have my pizza picked out. It's another hot and spicy. I have become addicted to jalepenos. I shall take my Bowel Cancer Home Test after the match.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Already have my pizza picked out. It's another hot and spicy. I have become addicted to jalepenos. I shall take my Bowel Cancer Home Test after the match.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

"Mr Chicago1, we can't provide the results of your test at this time as an unidentified vegetable substance has blown up our testing equipment!"

If we lose, the 22nd player picked will cop a belting online.
If we win, we'll place 96.2% of the accolades at the feet of Buku Khamis and it will be Lobb's turn to break his hand on a whiteboard.

If we lose, what do you expect will happen? Social media meltdown?

There will be the usual response of "we'll learn from it" from the almighty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back