How far do you walk/run each day?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Most of us have smart phones these days that can track our movements, dont know why but I keep a keen eye on how much I walk and how many flights of stairs I manage each day, in the course of my work.

I rarely run, havent really felt comfortable running since I had my leg broken in 2 places back in 'Nam(1999 Goo), but my average walking distance monday-friday is 13.7 kms. And I average walking up 62 flights of stairs each day.

This doesnt make me buff obviously, but it does help keep me slim as a 42 year old.

Interested in other peoples averages. Mine dont include any workouts or jogs or exercise... These stats are my average working day.

My average is apparently 7.4km.

13.7km is a lot for excluding jogs/exercise, The Dice Man. Do you have a job that has on your feet a lot? A particularly long walk to a train station to commute or something?

Yeah I reckon it overstates how far we walk, to be honest.

When I was being a tourist in Paris last year, I remember it claimed I had walked 33km in a single day. Now I did walk a lot that day, but 33km? Highly doubt it.

I walk around a lot at work, I'd say 10kms a day average. Plus 8km worth of cycling a day (4km to and from work).

Yeah I reckon it overstates how far we walk, to be honest.

When I was being a tourist in Paris last year, I remember it claimed I had walked 33km in a single day. Now I did walk a lot that day, but 33km? Highly doubt it.

I just moved my phone back and forth in front of my face as I sit at my desk and the step counter increased. Fitbit didn't move. There we go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't have a set distance. Just set the stopwatch for gradually increasing times, try to run as far as I can in that time, then when it goes off, I turn around and run back home, my amateur attempts to build speed, gut running, and endurance in one.

My average is apparently 7.4km.

13.7km is a lot for excluding jogs/exercise, The Dice Man. Do you have a job that has on your feet a lot? A particularly long walk to a train station to commute or something?

Yes I work on a large property that is also on a hill. I have golf buggys to get around on but dont often use them.

I also question the accuracy sometimes too. A few weeks back I had a very active day and the app told me I had climbed 80 floors!

Average around 16,000 steps; I'm not sure the distance on my Garmin is accurate but I think it's above 10km.

I don't have a car because I prefer to walk.

Did you get on public transport or use a car? I assume it counts all that as well.
Train. It wouldn't count the train bit because if it did that'd be about 13km a day for me alone. It'd count the walk to/from stations though obviously.

Don't have a set distance. Just set the stopwatch for gradually increasing times, try to run as far as I can in that time, then when it goes off, I turn around and run back home, my amateur attempts to build speed, gut running, and endurance in one.
Last stopwatch time. 2.4 seconds. Next gradual increase. 2.41 seconds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back