How far do you walk/run each day?

Remove this Banner Ad

Working a physical job and then having to do oodles around home, a high maintenance property, inhibits my exercise more than I like. That's life I guess.

Sent from mTalk

I'm a bit skeptical of the accuracy of fitbits etc. particularly when it comes to calories burned.
I have one and mine seems to be fairly accurate. There is a walk I can do from one section of beach to the other and back. Google measures the road journey as 2.5km one way. My fitbit says 5.1km up and back.

I have really upped my effort and aim for 7km/10000 steps a day. Those steps are usually in big blocks ie 4000 to colonnades and 4000 back ( 30 min each way) Then walking around Colonnades like the sad old man I am I rack up the other 2 easy. :oops:

Have dropped 15kg since Oct1.

Last week I did 20km at work, but I go to the gym 3-4 times a week as well. About to start footy training so that will bump it up a bit. Trying to really get my blood pressure down.

I have one and mine seems to be fairly accurate. There is a walk I can do from one section of beach to the other and back. Google measures the road journey as 2.5km one way. My fitbit says 5.1km up and back.

I have really upped my effort and aim for 7km/10000 steps a day. Those steps are usually in big blocks ie 4000 to colonnades and 4000 back ( 30 min each way) Then walking around Colonnades like the sad old man I am I rack up the other 2 easy. :oops:

Have dropped 15kg since Oct1.

Well done mate, super effort. What have been the major changes you've made to achieve your results so far?

Well done mate, super effort. What have been the major changes you've made to achieve your results so far?
Thank you

We have a Fit Board post in our ''Backyard'' on the AFC board in which I go into more detail. Mainly 1600 calories a day and no sugar drinks,lollies,biscuits or chips. Especially those after 8pm. Much more water.

Thank you

We have a Fit Board post in our ''Backyard'' on the AFC board in which I go into more detail. Mainly 1600 calories a day and no sugar drinks,lollies,biscuits or chips. Especially those after 8pm. Much more water.

I'll have a read now mate, once again congrats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bugger running....My days of hurrying for any man or anything are over.

Now walking....There's a civilized pursuit....And none of that power-walking crud either.

CFYzQHNUUAALcVO.jpg

Im a nurse so do approx 8000 to 10000 steps in a shift.

Just started at the gym too. But mainly doing weights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back