Media How Should Pre Season go?

Round Robin or Knockout!

• Knockout

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Round Robin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand what the big deal is, I simply asked a simple question, I thought round robin would be a good idea and I was wondering if anyone else shared my opinion. The stance your taking Easty, that because I have not been around for a long time is a pretty poor one, if you're going to start saying that you have to have been around for a while before you start trying to improve the SFA, other newbies will just hide in the Sanctuary of their team threads, do nothing of real importance before getting bored and becoming just another inactive poster.

Fine. I'll put it this way instead.

You earn respect, it isn't given to you. Once you earn my respect I'll give you the time of day to repeat what everyone else had already said before me.

You earn respect, it isn't given to you. Once you earn my respect I'll give you the time of day to repeat what everyone else had already said before me.

All it took was a simple explanation.

The relevancy is Jobe gave it the response it deserved. Which btw is what your blowing smoke at everyone else for not doing.

Instead of taking this your new best friend went derp derp and attacked Jobe over something he never said. You then joined in and went lulz Jobe.

This resulted in IMS and myself having a crack.

Thus the relevancy. Its ok for you and your new bff to attack Jobe after he gives the correct answer but not ok for us to attack you idiots for ignoring his point and just going the man?

I never attacked Jobe, I asked why he always goes after Mr Zero. If you paid attention, you'd find that 90% of the time it's Jobe going after Mr Zero.

Plz get your facts right. We didn't say anything to Jobe until he had a go at Zero. His responses were fine, until as you may see from the bolded part, he clearly started s**t.

Obviously someone does if they started this thread, but then again it wasn't anyone with any credibility or potential :thumbsdown:

Now if you can easily come in and defend Jobe saying he's done nothing wrong, how come it's so easy to attack Mr Zero and myself for attacking Jobe when we were acting in response to him?

Stop deluding yourself and just accept he's a lost cause and shouldn't need defending considering how long he's been around

I am aware that Prospect Vales Finest was the one that first said that no one cares but Jobe then, saw that someone higher up in the SFA than me, went, oh, I have to have THAT opinion, even though he voted before that post by PVF was made and had no issue with the thread.

I actually meant who gives a s**t if you win in the pre-season, that's why i quoted Jobe. Should've explained myself better, my bad.

I don't see what the problem is with Mr Zero or any new player just making a suggestion about the league. What's the harm? If people don't agree with it then oh well move on. But what happens when someone new comes up with a really good suggestion but doesn't want to speak up because they don't want to get the backlash like Mr Zero has had in this thread?

... when someone new comes up with a really good suggestion ...

homersimpson-in-chocolate-land.png

Lol he wasn't the one saying nobody cared. Please try and make sure you know what your on about before trying to have a crack. Muppet. He's not the only one that's rubbished this thread. Why only attack him? Soft.

Oh and its knock out. Don't like it? Tell someone that cares.

Typical response when CHANGE comes about...
It was a suggestion so how about you get off that high horse of yours...

And whilst the OP was wrong in having a crack at Jobe for nothing, Jobe is an antagonizer and loves to go after the first year players, so what's wrong with them having a crack back? Trust me you will get sick of defending him when he continues to do the same thing he's always done.

No offence Mr Zero, but you've been here 5 minutes and you're trying to change the structure of our competition.

It isn't for first years to decide how this competition is ran so stay out of it.

Facts are this. If he had been around longer than 5 minutes he'd realised that a round robin wouldn't work and this thread wouldn't have even been made.

I don't get why you're on the high and mighty horse considering you agree that round robins wouldn't work.

This is pretty ordinary Easty.

This thread is simply designed to create discussion on the best format for the pre-season, and the attached poll is designed to gauge these opinions from the SFA posters.

Given the AFL and our very own SOO series is a round robin format, I think it is a legitimate issue and worth at least discussing. There is certainly no reason it couldn't work.

I personally would prefer the knockout system in the pre-season. It has work successfully in the past and teams can create their own scratch matches if they get kicked out. But that doesn't make the thread pointless, people can and have explained their positions.

The OP never made demands. Never lectured people on how things should be done. He simply raised the question to create discussion.

The above posts were ridiculous. They reek of arrogance. And for a poster that is normally very good, maybe you should review your position. Why shouldn't a first year poster be able to generate discussion on a topic? The OP does not have to earn your respect. But he has earn mine. And unfortunately after these posts you have lost some.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are plenty of reasons okey, I think what everyone else said and the fact the Poll is 13-3 says enough. But if you really insist, a round robin would add weeks and extra games to a carnival that almost no-one cares about.

Anyway, I've been watching this kid and he needed to be taken down a notch or two. He'll be better for this.

Saying the result of the poll is a reason not to create the thread is complete bull. I'm not a mind reader, the only way to find out is to ask, it's not like people went around saying they hate round robin.
And what have I posted that I said needs to be taken down a notch or two?

I never attacked Jobe, I asked why he always goes after Mr Zero. If you paid attention, you'd find that 90% of the time it's Jobe going after Mr Zero.

Plz get your facts right. We didn't say anything to Jobe until he had a go at Zero. His responses were fine, until as you may see from the bolded part, he clearly started s**t.

Now if you can easily come in and defend Jobe saying he's done nothing wrong, how come it's so easy to attack Mr Zero and myself for attacking Jobe when we were acting in response to him?

Stop deluding yourself and just accept he's a lost cause and shouldn't need defending considering how long he's been around

I'd argue the other way. Go look at the other thread. Jobe ignores him twice and has a go back at the third time.

Mr Zero then cries poor me.

I missed the second part of his original post so thats my bad. Doesn't change the stance that Jobe has improved but people still see his name and go derp derp.

They did it with Harps last year and he's a hell of a lot better now. So no. I wont be giving up.

Typical response when CHANGE comes about...
It was a suggestion so how about you get off that high horse of yours...

And whilst the OP was wrong in having a crack at Jobe for nothing, Jobe is an antagonizer and loves to go after the first year players, so what's wrong with them having a crack back? Trust me you will get sick of defending him when he continues to do the same thing he's always done.

Jobe goes after everyone. He's attacked Ljp at least once and I think twice in the past 24 hours. Name one poster thats done that other then me in the last 6 months.

He also attacked Easty, Duggan and co.

Claiming he only goes after first years is a cop out. And a poor one at that.

Saying the result of the poll is a reason not to create the thread is complete bull. I'm not a mind reader, the only way to find out is to ask, it's not like people went around saying they hate round robin.
And what have I posted that I said needs to be taken down a notch or two?

Its actually not complete bull. The reason this topic has never been brought up and is being recieved so poorly is nobody wanted it.

Did you think at all for once second, "Oh hey nobody started it that means theres no interest?"

No.

Instead you started a thread when its not needed, it gets poorly recieved and you start to sook.

How can you suggest that I sooked, am I not allowed to banter without sooking, Boncer? That is what I call a cop out.

No you can banter.

But maybe we differ on our definition of bantering.

Essentially going "poor me you guys are mean" isn't bantering in my opinion.

If it is in yours then lets move forward and agree to disagree.

I was not saying poor me, I was saying that saying that just b ause I'm a newbie I shouldn't make suggestions etc. is a terrible approach, go ahead, gang up on me about my posting, I'll just comeback as best as I can, but saying that a noob can't make a simple suggestion that he thought would make he league better, that's what pissed me off.

I was not saying poor me, I was saying that saying that just b ause I'm a newbie I shouldn't make suggestions etc. is a terrible approach, go ahead, gang up on me about my posting, I'll just comeback as best as I can, but saying that a noob can't make a simple suggestion that he thought would make he league better, that's what pissed me off.

I would argue you were saying poor me.

But again agree to disagree and move forward.

I don't think anyone actually cares about the pre-season, although you can always count on a team with no premiership exaggerating it's importance.

Yes, because the op mentions how important the pre-season is and that a change is needed to reflect its importance.

The op was about giving pre-season a change up to see how things might go you absolute numbskull.

Fair go, 90% of bantering is pulling s**t out of your arse, but when you go to throw that s**t into a wall it won't be art.

I'd argue the other way. Go look at the other thread. Jobe ignores him twice and has a go back at the third time.

Mr Zero then cries poor me.

I missed the second part of his original post so thats my bad. Doesn't change the stance that Jobe has improved but people still see his name and go derp derp.

They did it with Harps last year and he's a hell of a lot better now. So no. I wont be giving up.

What other thread? Haven't checked many other threads but I'm pretty sure we're discussing this thread.

Jobe has improved, and part of this improvement is going after experienced posters which Jobe has done, albeit rarely successfully. At the same time though it's common to see threads escalate into back and forths between Mr Zero and Jobe. Most of the times it's Jobe calling Mr Z a nobody, but they've gone at each other enough times that it's getting stale. Rivalries are good in the SFA, but this ones getting stupid and boring to watch.

Jobe goes after everyone. He's attacked Ljp at least once and I think twice in the past 24 hours. Name one poster thats done that other then me in the last 6 months.

For the record I have had a couple of cracks since my return. But I do agree Jobe doesn't have any bias in his attacks!

I'm sick of the posters that sit in the trenches throwing stones. And take pot shots at people like the OP that actually generate the discussion. It's worked on this thread.

I think Jobe and I should just leave each other alone now, Agreed?

Back