How the hell do people manage to break their phones?

Remove this Banner Ad

I accidentally dropped a weight at the gym on my phone, it only pixelated a small section of the screen so I figure I can live with it until I get the energy to go to Samsung and get them to replace the screen.

Went to the shops high on a bicycle to buy a halal snackpack. Didn't have pockets so I put my phone in the bag with the snackpack. Got home and it was that covered in grease it never turned on again. Made a second trip for the day, still high, to buy a new phone.

A few years ago when my eldest boy was about five years old he managed to put my phone in the microwave. I then heated some food WITH my phone in there.

And before you ask, the microwave sits in an island bench because my wife is short and I am a normal size person. I often just put things in without looking. When the door was shut the light is off and set the time, press start, etc.

Anywho, I opened the door to find the food and the phone. It was very warm. Like fire is very warm.

So I left it on the bench to cool and after a few minutes I could touch it. It then rang and after a minute talking it was incredibly ******* hot again. And the battery drained away even more quickly than usual. So after a few hours of periodically moving my fridge from the freezer to the charger it was clear I needed a new handset.

The Telstra people were thrilled to meet the “guy who put his phone in the microwave, oh it was your son of course”. All the staff came over.

“Is this the guy?”
“How did you do that? Yes, your son. But he’s only little. You didn’t think to look?”

Cracked my phone screen a while ago but is now ****ed to the point that pieces of glass are missing from the screen. I was challenging myself to see how long I can last before fixing it but I think I’m giving in this week.

the first phone I ever owned in 1998, the week after I got it, I left it in my jeans and washed it. the worst I've done since then was crack the glass screen protector

(for those that are phone damage challenged, I recommend these. they can save you a heap!)

Only one I've ever broken fell out of my pocket whilst I was on a bike going at about 50km/h. I cut myself trying to pick up the phone. Phone was about 1 year old. Still kick myself over my stupidity.

Haven't broken one but my first iPhone died after about four years (battery just kept going flat really quickly). Current one is about three years old and still going OK. Have dropped it many times but no breakage so far, touch wood.

I dropped mine off an abandoned jetty while fishing in the middle of nowhere on a king tide, so we were stuck as the tide had come in around us and up past this jetty for a good 100 meters or so. I got the water out of the charger port with the old suck and spit method and it worked for a good 5 months, before carking it.

Another mate slammed his in my car door one time, fell out of his pocket as he shut the door and it folded up big time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decided to play footy with my phone whilst drunk and waiting for a kebab one night. Got a few good drop punts out of it. Didn’t work very well after that.

Still remember years ago when one of my mates had his phone drop out of his jacket pocket into the bucket bong that he was smoking

I don't think I had a phone yet myself back then, I laughed and laughed

Did the phone ring for a pizza afterwards, as it had the munchies?

My very first phone lasted me 5 years. Nokia 5110. Before it went for a swim in the washing machine. No amount of resuscitation was going to revive it.

Second phone I damaged was a iPhone 5c. Dropped too many times apprently. Started to take on characteristics of the girl in the poltergeist. It would make random arse calls. Start playing green day songs. Delete random emails. Open up pr0n sites. When the top half started to rotate 360 degrees, and throwing up random bits of data, I thought I better fix it. As most people know, you can fix things with a screwdriver and a hammer. I fixed that thing real good. I took the Telstra out of that phone and sent it to an Optus black spot. Not hard, seeing that it’s 90% of the country.

Well if you have an Apple phone, those things are so precious they break if you look at them the wrong way.

This was my general cry when I saw someone with a cracked phone screen.
I've never broken a phone in 25 odd years of owning mobile phones. It seemed like something only a child would do.
Then yesterday arvo I am rolling the wheelie bin in off the curb and my phone fell through a hole in the pocket of my painting shorts and hit the concrete. Then I rolled over it with the wheelie bin.

Firstly, what on earth are painting shorts?....And secondly, what style of painter would you classify yourself as Cherrff?...Impressionist, Realist, Cubist, Abstract?....I'm going with abstract.

Last edited:
I've had 5 phones total spanning my mobile phone life. Battery died in the first one - some Panasonic brick thing. But other than that, nowt. My ex on the other hand, reckon she had a similar amount over 4 years.

Some people are just hard on their :poo:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back