Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raj is going to lose his fifth job because Melbourne's most liveable city tag is under pressure?

LOLSY.

All those other cities that Melbourne is competing with for that tag are also battling the same pandemic.
So it all cancels out.

The real issue is that the pandemic is exposing Melbourne's sordid underbelly of preggers Zoe from Ballarat collaborating with far-right extremists to organise protests.
Hate to be your brain.

Gee listening to Andrew Crisp, he cannot recall a lot, it's his stock standard answer " not that i can recall", poor bloke has a terrible memory.
Was going to say the same, his questioning by this lawyer has made him look appalling.

Gee listening to Andrew Crisp, he cannot recall a lot, it's his stock standard answer " not that i can recall", poor bloke has a terrible memory.

that combined with his arms length approach to the whole issue, he's toast

as i type it i wonder if he knows he's dead, so "i forget" is just his way of limiting exposure when jobhunting for his next gig.

There may be more to it than meets the eye.

Seems like old mate with the Photoshop and Dan's dad moved in the same professional circles in Wangaratta.

that doesnt really excuse it

as i type it i wonder if he knows he's dead, so "i forget" is just his way of limiting exposure when jobhunting for his next gig.

Possibly, they played audio of some of their meetings and they were self congratulating each other on coming up for a name for the operation like it was something important, i've never been in meetings of this significance but i thought that would have been the least important part in all of this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the notes the state controller in the quarantine at the start who was a career fire fighter, passed onto his colleague also a person with a fire fighting background , who were seconded to share the role of state controller for the hotel quarantine.

View attachment 962059

This bloke is 'nuts & bolts', a doer.

This bloke is 'nuts & bolts', a doer.

Yeh and he was supposed to be in charge, listening to him now he had no power, which from what i understand his role should have been the man in charge as State controller, however it seems State health controller was, and he had no direct guidance from either CHO or EMC.

Yeah this guy seems like a decent hands on well meaning bloke, but still fundamentally how does a firefighter get this role in a health pandemic.

Possibly, they played audio of some of their meetings and they were self congratulating each other on coming up for a name for the operation like it was something important, i've never been in meetings of this significance but i thought that would have been the least important part in all of this.

one thing is clear is most of the dept heads struggled with the lateral thinking needed for this kind of thing. As i said previously, it reeks of "we've managed it before, we can do it again"

i also think EU hurt them. they got ambushed, so it was full onslaught once people realized what was happening. there issue wasnt containment, it was managing the hit on the hospital system. being an island, our intial containment made that easier. focus was waiting for mass attack though, not the sappers

one problem with covid, the lag and non-symptomatic makes a lot of the old monitoring measures useless

Yeah this guy seems like a decent hands on well meaning bloke, but still fundamentally how does a firefighter get this role in a health pandemic.

Victoria runs an all agency, all hazards response so basically the heads of the different agencies under EMV all rotate the state controller role.

However the state controller is not in charge of the individual incident, the incident controller is the most appropriate agency, so in this case it should have been someone from DHHS. They’d be more a overseer and ensuring the state can support any operation.

We can only hope, never did like him, they never should have got rid of Lappo.

But his cannot recall is pretty piss poor. If he was doing his job you’re supposed to keep a log of everything, every phone call, every conversation, every decision should be written in a log book during an incident.

I read his own summing up as admitting the command structure failed. Was very careful not to throw whomever under the bus.

Reading the transcript will clarify his testimony for me.

This is the notes the state controller in the quarantine at the start who was a career fire fighter, passed onto his colleague also a person with a fire fighting background , who were seconded to share the role of state controller for the hotel quarantine.

View attachment 962059

FFMVic, so given their usual way of dealing with fires is let it burn...

We can only hope, never did like him, they never should have got rid of Lappo.

But his cannot recall is pretty piss poor. If he was doing his job you’re supposed to keep a log of everything, every phone call, every conversation, every decision should be written in a log book during an incident.

its pretty standard response now, thanks to the influence of lawyers on these things

in the past the attitude would have been to learn and improve, now its retribution and defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back