Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't see where you're going with this argument. My suggestion is that you post a paragraph or two that clearly state your position.

You're actually frustrating me.

You can add mental health, education, and other aspects of societal health like social interaction to the list. All they care about is saving lives.

My position is that that should be the basis of any governing body.
You've written it like it's a bad thing.

You're actually frustrating me.

My position is that that should be the basis of any governing body.
You've written it like it's a bad thing.
I'll approach this from a different angle.

Banning cars would save lives. Why shouldn't we ban cars?

Projection? I stated it wasn't about the needle or the vaccination, it was the mandate and forcing your hand. But sure, I'm the one conflating. :rolleyes:
I see no difference between no jab no play and the mandate. The part i have problem with is scummy federal employees claiming bullshit exemption

I'll approach this from a different angle.

Banning cars would save lives. Why shouldn't we ban cars?

Because not banning cars has lead to saving more lives...

You can add mental health, education, and other aspects of societal health like social interaction to the list. All they care about is saving lives.

They wont want to be losing their majority over ronna jabs
Typical do nothing federal shits. Special rules to exempt them from taxes we pay, special superannuation, no ******* standards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it's definitely people willingly going out to get the vaccine, not the mandates and the loss of work/jobs and ability to live a normal life.

So it’s a bad thing people are getting vaccinated in such large numbers? How would you be playing it?

I only know one person who won’t get vaccinated, and they got covid!

well, I for one cannot wait for all those right wingers to be writing to their MP’s seeking more funding and focus on mental health. I know this is a true and honest cause for a lot of liberal voters. This is great that all sides of politics can see the importance of social services!

Call me crazy but I have a feeling that may not happen (and yes I knew you were being sarcastic).

Would be good for labour to call liberals bluff and demand greater funding for mental health.

Most Right wingers will do what they always do, stop caring when they are no longer effected.

I see no difference between no jab no play and the mandate. The part i have problem with is scummy federal employees claiming bullshit exemption
Mate you're a smart chap, you work in the medical field, maybe go over some of your research papers or books you might have read over the years and read how forcing something on somebody could affect how they feel mentally.

So it’s a bad thing people are getting vaccinated in such large numbers? How would you be playing it?

I only know one person who won’t get vaccinated, and they got covid!
I don't care either way, but to make it seem like it's something that people willingly did because they wanted to is clearly not what has happened in Victoria.

But liberal.

People will vote on the basis of issues that are affecting them, and there's little doubt that our covid response has resulted in higher levels of mental health issues in the wider community. It's a weird take to push it off as a right wing thing.

I'm interested to see how lefties feel about cops in riot gear using pepper spray and rubber bullets at their next protest/riot. Interesting times ahead.

He’s saying it’s not a real cause of right wingers, just cited as many just want to open up as they are inconvenienced, not out of any real care for anyone apart from themselves.

To which I’d largely agree.

Call me crazy but I have a feeling that may not happen (and yes I knew you were being sarcastic).

Would be good for labour to call liberals bluff and demand greater funding for mental health.

Most Right wingers will do what they always do, stop caring when they are no longer effected.

I mean or we could just scream and shout on twitter about how much we care more than everyone else all the while not actually doing anything but lets you somehow claim a moral high ground. I donated $1000 to a charity overseas to deliver food to poor and homeless kids, Ive also emailed and spoken when my local MP about issues, Ive helped and given money to homeless here in our own state in Vic, but unlike people like yourself I don't need to go onto social media to tell everyone how much more I care about something or someone.

Yep, and I'm one of them, I'm by far not an anti-vaxxer, I have all my vaccines, and even as recent in 2018 had a vaccine for something, but as a 34 year old male I was brought to tears not because I am scared of a needle, or believe my limbs are gonna fall off or 5g in the vaccine, but simply because I felt violated, the choice was not mine to make, I never felt less of a man than I did having to make that choice coming to the realisation that if I don't have the vaccine I am told to have, I will not be able to pay for my rent so I can live, I can't put food on the dinner table, I can't simply live as I have for the past 30 odd years as a human free of constraint and free to make my own choices as I see fit. And I know I will be mocked by the I stand with dan group around this joint, but I could care less, they seem to forget that even the people they disagree with bleed the same, think and feel the same, hurt the same, but they've used the internet as a platform to separate themselves so they can simply judge all and sundry of those that don't think the exact same as they do.

I am making a rule for myself to not post things I wouldn’t say to someone in person, so here it goes….

We never had a global in your lifetime which was why we had nothing mandatory.

We have never had a situation like this since at least WWII which has required collectivist action. The basic idea is to ensure if you or anyone else gets sick for any other reason (car accident, heart failure, stroke etc) they won’t be waiting to get treated as our hospital system is being overrun.

If you were in charge (of any state or country) how would of you handled it?

To me it’s no different than wanting to go overseas to certain parts of the world that you’d get a shot for certain illnesses which are prevalent where you are going.

He’s saying it’s not a real cause of right wingers, just cited as many just want to open up as they are inconvenienced, not out of any real care for anyone apart from themselves.

To which I’d largely agree.
Do you have stats to suggest that liberal voters don't care about mental health?

2016 called. All lefties were throwing all sorts of sh*t when Trump became POTUS. And their tanties went for four years.

Not saying the right don't do it, it happens on all spectrum of the political sphere.

People didn’t like trump being president, but no one was claiming the election result was rigged.

Disinformation campaign by Russia, sure but no suggestion the vote itself was rigged.

Can’t remember 3 months of trying to overturn the results from the Dems either, Obama invited Trump to the White House within days of him winning in 2016.

It’s like comparing a small mouse to a trampling elephant, where the elephant also wants to kill democracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back