Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

But they didn't ban cars...
Much of it comes down to virtue signaling and fear which leads to the desire to control others. The argument isn't based in logic.

You haven't yet stated your position on the matter.

I'll approach this from a different angle.

Banning cars would save lives. Why shouldn't we ban cars?

Yes, but car crashes aren’t contagious and multiply exponentially.

Mind you my stance is we just open up now as we have vaccine, I wasn’t pro opening up without vaccine unless we had very low cases.

This isn't America dimwit.

You do realise many Trumpies still haven't let go?

Remember Jan 6? Probably the biggest tantrum ever caught on video.

Remember when the left was for the people and the right were for the elites? Now its' the other way round

Jan 6 2021 as opposed to November 2016-2019.

Eh maybe I'm just having one of those nights. I'll be better tomorrow.

As much as 'dimwit' is concerned no need for that champ.

I got into a good routine earlier this year until about August, but been slack exercise and diet wise since. So need to get right back into it again.
My wife told me that gym opens on Friday, but I could be mistaken. I find that gym and diet are much easier to get right when life is running on routine. The cycling in and out of lockdown has messed things up a bit for me.

Much of it comes down to virtue signaling and fear which leads to the desire to control others. The argument isn't based in logic.

You haven't yet stated your position on the matter.
Don't bring up virtue signalling unless you're willing to be impartial.

My position is that we should take and support whatever actions save the most lives.

What's your position?

Remember when the left was for the people and the right were for the elites? Now its' the other way round

Big corporations and elites played the Left. Remember Occupy Wall St? Now all corporations and elitists need to do is change their Facebook profile photos to a rainbow flag once a year and they win over the woke crowd.

I don't care either way, but to make it seem like it's something that people willingly did because they wanted to is clearly not what has happened in Victoria.

Or NSW for that matter, re it being mandatory for lots of specific jobs.

However put yourself in a governments shoes. Say you are premier of Victoria, you have an issue of rising case numbers and your options to ensure we don’t have heaps of deaths are either:

A) make sure as many get vaccinated as quick as possible
B) go an even more hardcore lockdown akin to Wuhan
C) Encourage people to be vaccinated but don’t mandate anything.

Seems you favour option c, but people would lose their s**t as there would be a lack of certainty of when we’d ever reduce restrictions.

I personally took the vaccine as I want this s**t to be over with and live life normally again and even though I’d personally be at low risk, getting vaccinated I deem good for the better of everyone.

To me it’s no different from other laws which are enforced to protect public safety (can’t drink drive, must wear bike helmets etc).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My take is that this is the 9/11 moment for the left.

Remember how the right were happy to hand excessive control to pollies because of a fear of terrorism? We're now in a war against covid.

Feels like deja vu.

I mean or we could just scream and shout on twitter about how much we care more than everyone else all the while not actually doing anything but lets you somehow claim a moral high ground. I donated $1000 to a charity overseas to deliver food to poor and homeless kids, Ive also emailed and spoken when my local MP about issues, Ive helped and given money to homeless here in our own state in Vic, but unlike people like yourself I don't need to go onto social media to tell everyone how much more I care about something or someone.

I wasn’t saying I cared more or less than anyone.

I was saying that many right wingers have used mental health as their Trojan horse for other agendas.

Expressing an opinion isn’t taking the moral high ground.

Now do I believe that is true for everyone who votes liberal? No I don’t. Do I believe it’s true for most talking heads on sky news, herald sun, anti lockdown protestors etc. Certainly.

I could argue that you are trying to take the moral high ground in your post re giving to charity etc.

Don't bring up virtue signalling unless you're willing to be impartial.

My position is that we should take and support whatever actions save the most lives.

What's your position?
My position is that we should support freedom of choice over saving lives, and even moreso now that vaccination numbers are high. Your argument was rare before covid.

Would you really want to live in a world that values keeping you alive above all else? That has ramifications for euthanasia and abortion.

I wasn’t saying I cared more or less than anyone.

I was saying that many right wingers have used mental health as their Trojan horse for other agendas.

Expressing an opinion isn’t taking the moral high ground.

Now do I believe that is true for everyone who votes liberal? No I don’t. Do I believe it’s true for most talking heads on sky news, herald sun, anti lockdown protestors etc. Certainly.

I could argue that you are trying to take the moral high ground in your post re giving to charity etc.
But ….. he states … “I don't need to go onto social media to tell everyone how much …” after boasting to complete strangers that he will never meet.

Also clearly doesn’t know how to edit a post, upon reading it over and realising it’s nonsensical.

My position is that we should support freedom of choice over saving lives, and even moreso now that vaccination numbers are high. Your argument was rare before covid.

Would you really want to live in a world that values keeping you alive above all else? That has ramifications for euthanasia and abortion.
You're deliberately rewording.

You can add mental health, education, and other aspects of societal health like social interaction to the list. All they care about is saving lives.

-------------------------------------------------------
My position is that we should support freedom of choice over saving lives,
That's insane.

Stop for 10 seconds and think about what you're saying.

Do you have stats to suggest that liberal voters don't care about mental health?

As I said in another post, I’m sure it’s not everyone I just think a lot of people has used it as a Trojan horse for other agendas.

I think most people see there is a trade off one way or another re protecting peoples lives v lockdowns and their effects on the economy/mental health etc.

As I’ve stated before with a vaccine the trade off for me is with most vaccinated we should be opening up.

That's insane.

I can’t think of one workplace/supervisor that values freedom of choice as a greater responsibility than sending staff home to their families alive and intact.

Can you expand on this?

I remember when the left were fighting for equality all over you know eradicating racism,sexism etc... and the right-wing conservatives had a firm status quo of "race x can't do this" or women can't do that whilst still having enough skeletons in their closet to cover the world 5x over. Then the left started winning all those culture wars and they got so drunk and arrogant in their own victories and in many cases still are(winning, I mean) that they showed and are still showing the same traits that they derided against all these years, so in other words the became who they hated, and slowly the pendulum has swung and now the new right are those fighting from the bottom up.

In short the left/liberals became the elitists they so despised all those years with a whole arsenal of companies to do their bidding and the right are now the underdogs. At least that's what appears to me as a neutral observer.

Certainly, I used to be a leftist myself as a youth, god that make me sound old and I'm 30 BTW, but seeing what the left has devolved to I had no option but to take a neutral position.

As I said, maybe not my night and I should have explained better.

That's insane.

I don’t know he could be on to something - think how cool it would be to see iron lungs make a comeback - a worthy sacrifice so some *******s can have “freedom of choice”

Are you seriously comparing Jan 6 to 2016-2019
I don’t recall a time when ‘the left’ violently stormed the capitol building ? That’s just a mind boggling post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back