Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The rate Vic is going makes it seem like additional restrictions do nothing at all. WTF..
This is not true. It shows that the restrictions cannot stop growth. The outcome of NSW/Vic going open slather with such low vax rates wouldn't be pretty. There needs to be some base level restrictions that slows the growth balancing peoples mental health, and a reopening at the agreed rate with easing along the way for vaccinated people as an incentive.

People are criticising Dan for not doing more to incentivise vaccinations, he only announced the profound switch to approach yesterday, give him a chance.

At that point NSW and Vic are on the same page which is good for both of us. Vic is the only state I really need/want to travel to.

You mean, go early and go hard?

That type of luck?
go early, hard AND be lucky in terms of compliance, the mobility of the initial contacts and contacts of contacts (the ones who have no chance of knowing they are infected as no disclosure yet)

Cops are lockdown fatigued as well. Gatt mentioned this a few weeks ago.
And like the first time, police didn't want curfews as they said there's no science or proof they work and just drain resources.
Sutton also didn’t want them, only Andrews did.

go early, hard AND be lucky in terms of compliance, the mobility of the initial contacts and contacts of contacts (the ones who have no chance of knowing they are infected as no disclosure yet)
And be lucky in level of infectiousness of your index case. BBQ guy in Sydney had delta, travelled all over Sydney and did not give the virus to anyone but his wife.

Im sick of all your dan forgiving but gladys bashing. Its complete utter hypocrisy Based on post hoc reasoning.

i bash both. Actually last night i was bashing gladys more for being a coward And praising dan for doing the right thing and annoucing a clear Policy change.

is there anything positive you can say about gladys handling of covid or anything negative you can say of dans handling? Any critical thinking that isnt political cheerleading?
I think it was reasonable to gladys bash while we still thought locking down should work.
Now that we have seen locking down alone doesn't necessarily work without luck, its probably reasonable to change the delivery on gladys - that she continues to ride tin arse luck (she would be dead if vic lockdown had succeeded). There was no evidence that supported a slow lockdown response at the time she made the decision; now there is some evidence that short lockdown doesn't always work.

They need to enforce compliance. The cops for some reason are doing nothing, every second time I go to the shops, there's some worker with no mask or a chin mask.

Mate. I live across from the tan and let me tell you that 2 days ago there were cops everywhere. The entire circuit. It was ridiculous! But who knows what they achieved.

You went harder over a week after the outbreak begun. if you went that hard from the beginning you may of stopped it. The fact you went harder shows that more could of been done. And you never closed down construction. Even today its not closed. How is it possibly an essential service in the short term? It aint, Never closed take away. Never properly incentivised compliance with strict penalties like WA. didnt make border restrictions tight enough. Why the hell was shepparton in a border bubble with nsw? It aint even on the border. A lot of people from melbourne travel to shepparton regularly.

victorians just need to stop saying you did everything possible. You are embarrassing yourself in front of the rest of australia. Just stop. You went harder then nsw did but you didnt go hard enough early enough.
i still think you have the dates incorrect in your recollection. Our shutdown started day after altaaqua teacher was discovered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They need to enforce compliance. The cops for some reason are doing nothing, every second time I go to the shops, there's some worker with no mask or a chin mask.
the cops are fatigued, stressed and over stretched.

Nearly 2 years into this, a woman dies at home of COVID without even getting a test. How is it possible to control this whilst relying on the compliance of idiots.

Nope, we're as dumb as Americans, at least Biden rolled out the vaccines early enough, our feds can't even do that

Remains to be seen what new variants will emerge once we hit 80% in 500 years, hopefully the vaccines remain effective enough against them but it's a lottery at this stage.

It is still much better to get vaxxed than not vaxxed but I bet ya 3 months from now we'd be dealing with the 30-40% Australians that refuses to get vaxxed because Alan Jones or Joe Rogan told them not to

Why would you defend the disaster that is Berejiklian and Hazard. They are anti-science clowns who lie at press conferences, they don't answer basic questions and they have ruined NSW , NZ and the rest of Australia for many months.
I prefer a leader that governs with hope rather than fear. I prefer a leader that doesn't take away people's liberties and freedoms at a drop of a hat and only once necessary. I prefer a leader that balances mental health of children and parents with health of the Covid vulnerable. I prefer a leader not afraid to take risks and forge their own path. I prefer a leader that doesn't consider COVID zero as a viable strategy, to suggest otherwise would be anti-science.

It's all optics really, particularly now that Dan has ratified their approach. At 80% people from NSW will be in a better position to adjust to Covid normal whereas Dan has an enormous amount of fear to unravel. I suspect this is one of the reasons for the early backflip. Good on him, It's good to see another leader abandon politics and make the right decisions that balance a lot of important factors.

And again, outbreaks everywhere have seeded from somewhere. To blame the region where it came from is stupid in a global pandemic and in Victoria's case highly hypocritical.

The limo driver scenario could have happened anywhere. As far as I can tell nowhere in Australia to that point had mandated vaccines for for essential workers and as you have been at pains to point out, mask compliance isn't great anywhere.

Now that Dans Daft Punk lockdown has failed, it is hard to make the argument that NSW employing the Harder Better Faster stronger lockdown would have prevented the seeding into Vic and NZ.

Last edited:
Nope, we're as dumb as Americans, at least Biden rolled out the vaccines early enough, our feds can't even do that

Remains to be seen what new variants will emerge once we hit 80% in 500 years, hopefully the vaccines remain effective enough against them but it's a lottery at this stage.

It is still much better to get vaxxed than not vaxxed but I bet ya 3 months from now we'd be dealing with the 30-40% Australians that refuses to get vaxxed because Alan Jones or Joe Rogan told them not to
NSW has marched past 70% single dose, these idiots exist and I agree with most of your points but i think its more like 10% 20%, we are 10%-20% less dumb than Americans.

Literally all that is left for Gladys bashers is "our outbreak was seeded from yours' which
I prefer a leader that governs with hope rather than fear. I prefer a leader that doesn't take away people's liberties and freedoms at a drop of a hat and only once necessary. I prefer a leader that balances mental health of children and parents with health of the Covid vulnerable. I prefer a leader not afraid to take risks and forge their own path. I prefer a leader that doesn't consider COVID zero as a viable strategy, to suggest otherwise would be anti-science.

It's all optics really, particularly now that Dan has ratified their approach. At 80% people from NSW will be in a better position to adjust to Covid normal whereas Dan has an enormous amount of fear to unravel. I suspect this is one of the reasons for the early backflip. Good on him, It's good to see another leader abandon politics and make the right decisions that balance a lot of important factors.

And again, outbreaks everywhere have seeded from somewhere. To blame the region where it came from is stupid in a global pandemic and in Victoria's case highly hypocritical.

The limo driver scenario could have happened anywhere. As far as I can tell nowhere in Australia to that point had mandated vaccines for for essential workers and as you have been at pains to point out, mask compliance isn't great anywhere.

Now that Dans Daft Punk lockdown has failed, it is hard to make the argument that NSW employing the Harder Better Faster stronger lockdown would have prevented the seeding into Vic and NZ.

I'm pretty sure you're partisan and you'd prefer a liberal leader. That leaves out Scott Morrison though.

Great speech. You prefer lies and fantasy , good luck to you.

Person from state with only 2 roads in and out and no border communities lectures people from state with dozens of both.
Yet the border is shut now right?

Did the amount of roads in and out change?

No?

What did change?

What about last year when nsw shut the border to vic? Did roads evaporate?

If at some stage victoria threw its hands up and shut the border then it was capable of doing that thing - despite it being more difficult than wa doing that thing.

Do you realise there are hundreds of bush tracks on the wa borders with sa and sa and nt and they all have to be patrolled by police in 4wds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back