Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wa could accept more internstional flights taking the quarantine burden off nsw. So could victoria. And queensland.
Logic would say send even more flights into nsw now. And home quarantine or not even bother with it.

Are GPs currently getting in contact with their older patients to chat about the vaccine or is it all on the individual?
Most gp would not have the down time to be proactive in this way. A lot have become corporate medicine and the time units are highly regulated. At least this is what I hear.

Even though cases are higher than when rules were introduced, playgrounds no longer dangerous.....cool story

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
It was part of the package that worked last time so of course they would try.
It didn’t work.
So instead of being a gloating dick just be happy you get shown to be correct.

Ahhhh curfew to continue because Andrews can't control the west and outer north. He's a ******* idiot. Actually got pulled over in the mean streets of Kew this week at 8.30pm for a "covid compliance" check. Yep - on my way home officer as I can't be on the road past 9pm. Sick of paying the penalty due to the government's inability to deal with areas driving this and previous outbreaks. Put Hume under curfew - not Boroondara. What's so hard with a traffic light system for curfew and other restrictions? You clowns want out of it? Well lift your game re. compliance and get vaccinated. Most people in Victoria are doing the right thing but it is clear there are problem areas that are hurting us (again). Andrews needs to bring the hammer down on said areas rather than the entire city.
Funny story only got pulled over once in ld2 and never in ld6. Oh and live in hume.

I thought it would be great at first but I wonder whether the QR mandatory system has caused more problems than it's resolved.

It's almost too thorough for it's own good as people fearing logging into a Tier 1 site and isolating for 14 days have either been faking scanning in (very easy to do) or have been just going into shopping centres without scanning. Certainly the supermarket I've been going to at night it's very easy to do this.

Personally speaking, I've been scanning in whichever shops I go to but limiting my trips as much as possible as scanning in at a Tier 1 site (or even Tier 2) would be stressful and difficult to go through.

I don't think many have been doing this but it only takes a few for it to get out of control.

Not much coughs or cold around Dan? 50,000 tests and 120 cases. Are people imagining these symptoms? Stop talking crap to us Dan. There are coughs and colds around as well. Sick of all the bullshit.
Not a lot of flu.
Many tests would be for runny nose (allergies) tonsillitis)yes usually viral) and vague shortness of breath (many causes)

I thought it would be great at first but I wonder whether the QR mandatory system has caused more problems than it's resolved.

It's almost too thorough for it's own good as people fearing logging into a Tier 1 site and isolating for 14 days have either been faking scanning in (very easy to do) or have been just going into shopping centres without scanning. Certainly the supermarket I've been going to at night it's very easy to do this.

Personally speaking, I've been scanning in whichever shops I go to but limiting my trips as much as possible as scanning in at a Tier 1 site (or even Tier 2) would be stressful and difficult to go through.

I don't think many have been doing this but it only takes a few for it to get out of control.

Hmmm.. people have been getting smashed for being selfish during this lockdown but I reckon faking your details in the QR system almost tops it. I know 14 days would suck for a beer at a pub, but if everyone followed it properly, we’d have less issues. What’s worse, 14 days iso or 14 week lockdown because of contact tracing issues? I see this as more selfish than someone hanging out with a group of friends outdoors during lockdown. It should almost have been like an electronic passport being scanned when you scan it so you can’t fake it.

Not ******* helpful right now.

Right now I have crowded ED, half the nurses are on furlough the other half want to quit, I have ambulances trying to bring not sick covid patients to the ED because the direct admission pathway which is still being developed can’t be forking agreed on, the mental health people uni forking laterally decided they would only admit patients if they have negative tests even though no symptoms or exposure- so they wait another 8 ******* hours in the overcrowded Ed.
Then I read your smarm. Give it a forking test Eddie. Read the forking room.
(Yes fully aware that is melty)

The last time I read a melt like that it was on Bay 13 and it was from a Geelong poster.

I think we have a containment breach, we need to lock this place down to get the Bay 13 posts back to 0!

Hmmm.. people have been getting smashed for being selfish during this lockdown but I reckon faking your details in the QR system almost tops it. I know 14 days would suck for a beer at a pub, but if everyone followed it properly, we’d have less issues. What’s worse, 14 days iso or 14 week lockdown because of contact tracing issues? I see this as more selfish than someone hanging out with a group of friends outdoors during lockdown. It should almost have been like an electronic passport being scanned when you scan it so you can’t fake it.

I write my details manually when they have the manual paper based versions out, if they don't... I can't sign in!

Well we don’t seem to be listening anyway mate, so I don’t see the difference. I agree with you. My point is, those that choose to follow the rules should therefore still remain safe when doing the right thing. You should still have hope with that part of it.
Those doing the right thing still need to shop which is where they will encounter the non compliant hidden infected

Well someone better pull their fingers out, because vaccine status is going to be a big deal in our near future.
Just because it’s a good idea (don’t get me wrong would love a vaccine exemption from restrictions) doesn’t make it do able.

I agree it's a selfish act to do but I suspect there's a small section of the population who are so mentally worn down by this that they cut corners on this... and that's before factoring in those who would wilfully ignore it at anytime.

If it isn't properly adhered to (and I don't think it has been), it leads to big problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s happened to masks?
Reduce but not eliminate risk.
I was working with a staff member (asymptomatic infected) both of us wearing n95 and face shields. I still need to do 14 days of swabs. But they are letting me work because they think I will be negative (am double vaccinated as well)

I agree it's a selfish act to do but I suspect there's a small section of the population who are so mentally worn down by this that they cut corners on this... and that's before factoring in those who would wilfully ignore it at anytime.

If it isn't properly adhered to (and I don't think it has been), it leads to big problems.

Probably explains why some people have been complaining about receiving texts to isolate for venues they’ve never even been to.

I am steering clear of chemist warehouse from now on.....going to go to a small, quiet one. Might pay a bit more, but a lot less chance of having to go through a tier 2 or 1 protocol going forward.

What about those who were ok with them closing? Surely you can't be satisfied with them reopening them with more cases? Shouldn't you be scared of the spread at playgrounds?

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Again people ok with them closing as it appeared to be part of what worked last time.
This time it did not seem to make a difference
So when the policy changes you still complain

FMD.

I agree with the first point,

In regards to the second point, are you suggesting Gladys hasn't acknowledged we need to learn to live with Covid and vaccines rather than elimination of cases is the way out of lockdown?
She never came out and said covid zero is no longer the goal. Its all been very gradual Her talking points. Trying desperately to avoid a headline. Trying to make out that nothing has changed. she has been a coward.

She never came out and said covid zero is no longer the goal. Its all been very gradual Her talking points. Trying desperately to avoid a headline. Trying to make out that nothing has changed. she has been a coward.
You need to read more

There’s a theory that the issue is shopping and supermarkets. That’s the place lots of people are mingling.
This is why the curfew is a counterproductive, draconian f*kin joke. People in my area pack into supermarkets because we get kicked out at 8:30 pm. The curfew is so fa'kn stupid I can't find the f*ckin words.

Last edited:
At least andrews had the balls today to come out and say he failed. Covid zero is gone before vaccination rates are high enough.

gladys has refused to acknowledge anything of the sort despite being obvious to all.
I wouldn't put the failure wholly on the government, that just absolves all the idiots doing the wrong thing. Only real failure was not coming down on the idiots like a tonne of bricks. I get why they didn't want to but the idiots weren't going to be forthcoming regardless so may as well have fined them.

Government told them - If you have symptoms get tested - They ignored it.
Government told them - If you have to get tested we'll pay you - They ignored it
Government told them - If you have to isolate we'll pay you - They ignored it
Government told them - The quickest way out of lockdown was to follow the rules - They ignored it.

People cant even follow basic instructions like how to wear a mask or to go straight home after getting tested.

Frankly the rest of use have also failed by turning a blind eye to the idiots doing the wrong thing.

Actually its more Person not subject to victorian lockdowns thinks victorian lockdowns wouldnt have to be so long if you shut down earlier and closed the borders earlier

Person from state with only 2 roads in and out and no border communities lectures people from state with dozens of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back