Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everyone, just the very obvious ones.

PS Do you realise how stupid you and your mates sound calling everyone who hates Dan a Nazi?

Has anyone called you a nazi?

You get called a liar often, for good reason. But I can't recall anyone calling you a nazi.

btw what's with the capital N?

Probably, just like there are hundreds, if not thousands of social media accounts controlled by the Andrews government.
To be clear at the protests, do you agree there are actual nazis involved.

Since the Covid thing started, I didn’t know anyone who had it, and nobody I knew, knew anyone who had it.
Now I know quite a number of people who have tested positive, and everyone I know seems to know someone who has it. Everyone is coming into contact with it. It’s everywhere.
Luckily for us, lockdown served it’s purpose and it’s all manageable enough now.
People throwing bricks etc- beyond help. Not worthy of our time.
The vast majority of people are working as a sensible community and that’s a good thing.
I don’t know anyone who’s had it - ok I live in Qld - but have heaps of friends and relatives in Melbourne, none of whom have mentioned anyone they know who’s had it. Hopefully the brick-thrower will be caught, much like the would-be Dan-kidnapper who had a pit already dug to keep him in :tearsofjoy: . We’re not America. Although Victoria…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know anyone who’s had it - ok I live in Qld - but have heaps of friends and relatives in Melbourne, none of whom have mentioned anyone they know who’s had it. Hopefully the brick-thrower will be caught, much like the would-be Dan-kidnapper who had a pit already dug to keep him in :tearsofjoy: . We’re not America. Although Victoria…

I'm also yet to know a single person who has ever had Covid or who knows anyone who has ever had Covid.

The new amendments to the Pandemic Bill apparently.

FFW3stoVEAEQIG0

I am not inside the tent, I dont even know where the tent is (im just a branch member despite what certain posters say)

As for my reasoning, its as follows:

1) running with Andrews gives the opposition a simple attack - the election is a referendum on covid 19. if you look at post war elections, the incumbent is often booted because people want a fresh start. With the opposition as useless as it is (FFS bringing back gay conversion therapy...), this gives them a chance to do damage

2) the ALP will win the election, BUT it will lose a lot of seats. This isnt about COVID, but the last wave election returning to some normality. as long as the opposition is half competent, its inevitable. How (1) is managed will either slow or accelerate this, and this will make a lot of backbenchers nervous

3) Merlino stood up well (surprisingly IMO), so its not like a credible alternative is not available

4) Andrews has endured one of the toughest roads of any premier outside of war, and i think he will be mentally and physically tapped. elections are tough, and serious questions have to be asked if he has whats needed in the tank to hold the ALP marginals
The government had such a decisive win last time they are bound to lose some seats irrespective of who the leader is.

Merlino did okay but he doesn't prosecute a case nearly as well as Andrews and I suspect the dark side would much prefer Merlino which is why they are going the character assassination route on Andrews.

Andrews will have a good story to tell infrastructure-wise and job-wise come to the election and, as I said, the opposition parliamentary key players are borderline hopeless.

And many of us remember how Napthine used his veterinarian skills to anaesthetise the State and how Andrews revived it.

Anyhow, back to the initial point, Andrews won't resign unless there is a dramatic change of fortunes. I'll shout you a beverage of your choice if I'm wide of the mark.:beermug:

It’s like flogging a dead horse with some people. They just don’t get it do they?

So how long is the rest of Australia going to cut themselves off for under this strategy? Vic, NSW and ACT are never going back to 0

The new amendments to the Pandemic Bill apparently.

FFW3stoVEAEQIG0

Andrews secures deal to pass Pandemic Bill

The Herald Sun can reveal that Transport Matters MP Rod Barton will vote to get the deadlocked legislation over the line after the government agreed to major changes to secure the extra vote needed to pass its controversial pandemic Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back