Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murdoch has taken over the ABC as well now?

The funniest part is, if my government was being accused of corruption by the IBAC chief, that letter would probably be the first thing I read. But instead we got:

“someone who used to do a job [who has] written a letter that apparently says a whole bunch of stuff".

How on earth is Andrews to blame for one former office holders misgivings about the multi-party IOC.

This is going to be another nothing.

There will be some reforms introduced and that will be it. All the misdirected histrionics will amount to zero, in terms of political capital for the opposition.

It’s everywhere mate. Being reported by all. It’s not specifically about Andrews but the allegations are that MPs were told to dig up dirt..

Don’t you think this is a serious allegation?
Which MPs, by whom and what dirt? How did this person find out?

Again, we've been here before with this nonsense.

Improving iversight of IBAC is important, but everything else is going to end up in another fake scabdal pile.

Which MPs, by whom and what dirt? How did this person find out?

Again, we've been here before with this nonsense.

Improving iversight of IBAC is important, but everything else is going to end up in another fake scabdal pile.

5 quotes for me in quick succession. Thanks mate ;)

Well, that’s what’s been alleged by Redlich, nobody coming out other than Dan denying it, so I think it’s a decent enough basis to bring it up on the Daniel Andrews thread? i don’t think this is something to just ignore because you think we’ve been here before.

I’d love to see some more concrete evidence from Redlich in order to get heads rolling. Time will tell I guess.

Last edited:

Again, this is not true in the slightest.

South Korea and Singapore extensively engaged in measuring public feedback through survey's, studies and polling.

This was of benefit. You don't just vibe what the public is thinking, you need to actually survey opinions to consider, along with other indirect quantitative measures.

I think youre missing the original context. This was in reply to Andrews needing focus groups due to non-compliance and people spreading misinformation.

To which I then asked - why was Victoria the only state requiring this then? Was Victoria the only state which had non-compliance and rule breakers?

Last edited:
No, there were more restrictions and rules because a section of the population, egged on by the media and Opposition, were promoting ignoring "advice".

When so many people are ignoring "advice", the "advice" has to become rules with consequences.
I think after six lockdowns, you're probably going to lose people's attention. Especially after so much of their effort was pissed up against the wall in 2020. But that's history wars now.

Contrary to popular perception, public opinion does matter and factors in to how we assess the mental health and quality of life impacts of interventions.

It doesn't mean you completely overide best practice for disease control, instead it informs how best to implement or attenuate measures and how to attenuate as certain milestones are reached.

It does. In the Uk the govt stuffed it so badly they lost the public’s confidence and it was downhill from there

Is anyone shocked the stations on the SRL will become high density mini CBDs?

Can such as Glen Waverley or Broadmeadows stand to lose its character?

Attachments

• 1678693204459.jpeg
    1678693204459.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 19
Is anyone shocked the stations on the SRL will become high density mini CBDs?
No, that's one of the major selling points of this exercise that the new stations and particularly the interchange locations will see big investments to urban development and create shopping and employment hubs in the same location as existing transport connections.

Can such as Glen Waverley or Broadmeadows stand to lose its character?
I don't get this, what "character" are they losing? Both of these places and every other location on the SRL is a suburb built within the last century (some don't even date back further than 50 years) and, like virtually all the middle ring suburbs, are seeing an increase in population density anyway due to multiple occupancy developments etc. does the addition of multi-storey apartments and offices around the train station really impact things that much? These places are not Walhalla.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, that's one of the major selling points of this exercise that the new stations and particularly the interchange locations will see big investments to urban development and create shopping and employment hubs in the same location as existing transport connections.

I don't get this, what "character" are they losing? Both of these places and every other location on the SRL is a suburb built within the last century (some don't even date back further than 50 years) and, like virtually all the middle ring suburbs, are seeing an increase in population density anyway due to multiple occupancy developments etc. does the addition of multi-storey apartments and offices around the train station really impact things that much? These places are not Walhalla.

Sorry sarcasm font

3M people of projected growth will need to go somewhere. I'll take densifying Glen Waverley + Broady over more cookie-cutter suburban sprawl anyday. What they've already approved for building in the Outer West just isn't economical.

(Though in a perfect world we'd be easing off population growth to nought.)

3M people of projected growth will need to go somewhere. I'll take densifying Glen Waverley + Broady over more cookie-cutter suburban sprawl anyday. What they've already approved for building in the Outer West just isn't economical.

(Though in a perfect world we'd be easing off population growth to nought.)
Population growth easing to zero would make Australia a much better place but can you see our pollies letting that happen to their investment portfolios or removing their ability to claim easy (but fake) economic growth at budget time.

Sent from my SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

still convinced the SRL (and resultant spinoffs) will be andrews most significant legacy ...... the monash uni precinct will be a major economic driver for the state into the future .... to a lesser extent, same applies to latrobe uni

'Victoria, too, looks set to see a jump in retail power prices, with a draft determination on that state’s Default Offer on Wednesday forecasting a $426 increase in “typical” annual bills for residential customers and a $1,403 increase for small business.'

“The proposed increases to the Victorian Default Offer reflect a year of price volatility in the energy market … and are are in keeping with proposed default market offer increases announced in other jurisdictions today,” said Essential Services Commission chair, Kate Symons, in a statement.

“We understand the impacts on consumers amid a broader environment of cost-of-living concerns and we urge Victorians to take advantage of government support programs offering power price relief,” she said.

In Victoria, around 400,000 residential and 55,000 small businesses customers are currently on the state’s Default Offer, which also acts as a cap for the approximately 150,000 consumers in embedded networks, like apartment buildings and shopping centres.

The ESC’s Symons says that state’s draft decision does not directly impact the roughly 85 per cent of customers on retail market offers and all Victorians are encouraged to shop around to find the best deal for them.

Let me tell you a secret: never, ever go to an election promising to lower electricity prices. It's a promise you'll have nothing to do with keeping or not.
Except for the fact that it can work and then blame external factors why you could fulfill it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back