• The answer is Tom Doedee

• Adelaide are happy to Mediocre and Competitive

• Their supporters are clearly happy to be competitive without winning a flag

• We are actualy competitive and have been for 20 years

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know. I have no doubt if his form is good the Vic clubs will come for him offering more money than we will. Thats one of the downsides of drafting Vic kids.

Look at our premiership teams and ports there is a clear common theme

Why

The players generally don’t want to leave they play for less meaning more cap room for the entire team to be assembled

So when a junior lad from SA that has talent becomes available you go your hardest if it’s possible to get them not for All SA kids but the ones who are standouts

Any reason Geelong seem to target home grown talent imagine what danger would be getting paid if he went to Sydney

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You like it when 1st rounders leave like danger or Davis or lever

When they leave in situations akin to Lever it is absolutely fantastic.

2 firsts for a player reliant on structure. That is a huge tick in anyones book.

Though keep changing the goalposts, it's fun to watch this train wreck.

When they leave in situations akin to Lever it is absolutely fantastic.

2 firsts for a player reliant on structure. That is a huge tick in anyones book.

Though keep changing the goalposts, it's fun to watch this train wreck.
I only care if a player leaves when they're worth keeping, the more I think they're worth keeping the more I care about them leaving.

How are we supposed to care about whether Doedee leaves without acknowledging that he's worth keeping?

I only care if a player leaves when they're worth keeping, the more I think they're worth keeping the more I care about them leaving.

How are we supposed to care about whether Doedee leaves without acknowledging that he's worth keeping?

A very good point. Maybe this is martys way of just owning up and saying he got this horribly wrong.

Will Doedee stay or move like Gunston Danger Lever CC Davis

And now maybe Sloane

It's laughable that you keep bringing up Davis. Don't you realise that he's a South Australian? He went to PAC from memory. It completely undermines your argument that we should pick south Aussies because they won't move interstate. Evidently they do... You've proven it.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

You think ignoring SA Kids when you can see the clearly talented ones is a good idea

Have you looked at our premiership teams and for that ports premiership team and seen how many home grown were in it

Back when we had concessions based on geography? Hardly surprising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's laughable that you keep bringing up Davis. Don't you realise that he's a South Australian? He went to PAC from memory. It completely undermines your argument that we should pick south Aussies because they won't move interstate. Evidently they do... You've proven it.

Are your other 2 posts as good as this one?

Because i liked it.

Back when we had concessions based on geography? Hardly surprising.

Let’s be honest draft smart examine every local kid closely and if he stacks up take him

Burton was clearly one maybe when graham was available being a larke medalist over pohlkoke or even Hayward over Galluci

But if there’s a chance they will be good you go for it

Look at our premiership teams and ports there is a clear common theme

Why

The players generally don’t want to leave they play for less meaning more cap room for the entire team to be assembled

So when a junior lad from SA that has talent becomes available you go your hardest if it’s possible to get them not for All SA kids but the ones who are standouts

Any reason Geelong seem to target home grown talent imagine what danger would be getting paid if he went to Sydney

Marty, we've had some good discussions in the past. Your sentiments regarding Burton is totally valid, and it's never going to be clear if AFC has done right by choosing Doedee over Burton. So in the end, your argument may well prove to be the correct call.

But let me put it in a different light for you, why it's pointless to have ongoing comparisons between Doedee and Burton:
- Burton's unknown was his dodgy knee(s), it was never his talent, so this would have been a big factor on whether he was chosen early or late in the draft.
- Doedee has made a later impact at AFL level than Burton has, but that's because we're stacked with tall talent in our team so we didn't really needed to try him early
- You're argument is also based on the assumption that if both play to their potential, Burton will likely stay in SA, and Doedee may be poached by a Vic club. How do know it won't happen in reverse, if we chose Burton and that he might end up in Victoria in the next few years?

Too many ifs, wouldn't you agree?

Players leave every club, look at Gibbs, Ablett, Josh, Kennedy, Franklin, Tom Mitchell, Judd, Dangerfield, Treloar, Goddard - there are plenty more of course but these are all top tier players who have left for money or go home factors, or whatever - the usual reasons.

Our club made a decision years ago to draft talent regardless of where it came from. Some may disagree, but that is a conservative position based on fear - fear of loss. It is a position that says 'I will take less if I am safe'. The clubs position is 'I will take the best and back myself'.

Marty you disagree with the clubs position, a view you share with not many. You don't need to bang on about it forever, just get over it. Or go support a team that represents your values, if you can find one.

For the rest of us, we want to win premierships and will demand the best players regardless of where they come from.

You think ignoring SA Kids when you can see the clearly talented ones is a good idea

Have you looked at our premiership teams and for that ports premiership team and seen how many home grown were in it

You've lost the argument that Doedee is a good player, so now you're deflecting and shifting the goal posts to try and make it an argument about whether interstate players stay or leave.

If you were any more transparent people would call you a window.

You've lost the argument that Doedee is a good player, so now you're deflecting and shifting the goal posts to try and make it an argument about whether interstate players stay or leave.

If you were any more transparent people would call you a window.
That fits given he is a payne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back