Roast Hun asks questions - heat is on

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad himself mentioned it when I was at the club a couple weeks ago that his accident practically threw a wrench into an already troubled gameplan that was ill-prepared for the 6-6-6, it was like a double impact on us.

So how does this happen?

Were you fixing his Printer?

Changing a lightbulb?

So how does this happen?

Were you fixing his Printer?

Changing a lightbulb?

You don't have to believe me, its perfectly fine. But I have no reason to lie about it either.

I was invited to the club that week as part of a group event and Brad did a presentation, and did some candid Q&A of which I appreciated the honesty.

But yeah, I can unjam a printer here and there and get your WiFi router working.

What?

So you criticise him for not playing the kids but when its pointed out he has been playing them it somehow doesn't count because of "reasons".

You're trying to fit the facts into your narrative. Which is the wrong way around.

LDU has played 6 of 9 games, Thomas 7, Zurhaar has played the last 6 games, Larkey the last 4. Bailey Scott has played four and had illness, injury and other setbacks as well. Ben McKay has also missed plenty of games due to injury or illness. Jy Simpkin has only missed one game - dropped when he needed to be.
Good that he is not playing the kids.
This way they are not getting exposed to his crazy game plan. Hand ball... hand ball.... kick backwards.
Take a mark, hang to the ball then kick to a contest......what crap.

You don't have to believe me, its perfectly fine. But I have no reason to lie about it either.

I was invited to the club that week as part of a group event and Brad did a presentation, and did some candid Q&A of which I appreciated the honesty.

But yeah, I can unjam a printer here and there and get your WiFi router working.

Didn’t say I didn’t believe you

You were so nonchalant about it all that it needed to be asked

I get a sense that sacking Brad in our 150th year may not be the look the club is going for.

If he goes at all it will be at season's end.

On RNE-L22 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pfft, the club didn’t even know it was the 150th year until the members pointed it out to them.

Brad himself mentioned it when I was at the club a couple weeks ago that his accident practically threw a wrench into an already troubled gameplan that was ill-prepared for the 6-6-6, it was like a double impact on us.

He was ill-prepared before Xmas and did nothing to fix it?

Didn’t say I didn’t believe you

You were so nonchalant about it all that it needed to be asked

Thats fair, at the time I just assumed it was common knowledge considering how much inner scrote there is already, so for me to parade it would come off as something ego-driven to me.

He was ill-prepared before Xmas and did nothing to fix it?

Well he's on the AFL Competition Comittee and he knew about the new rules coming in before anyone else as a coach other than Chris Fagan. So its either ill-preparation or getting it fundamentally wrong from the beginning. No idea how much that was altered from then to the JLT.

And he's admitted to getting it wrong several times.

Thats fair, at the time I just assumed it was common knowledge considering how much inner scrote there is already, so for me to parade it would come off as something ego-driven to me.

Well he's on the AFL Competition Comittee and he knew about the new rules coming in before anyone else as a coach other than Chris Fagan. So its either ill-preparation or getting it fundamentally wrong from the beginning. No idea how much that was altered from then to the JLT.

And he's admitted to getting it wrong several times.
I read your post as Scott admitting he knew the game plan was ill-prepared when Maj was sick, not in hindsight.

It should amaze me that Scott developed a game plan based around one player, with no one else able to fill that role, but it doesn’t.

It should amaze me that Scott developed a game plan based around one player, with no one else able to fill that role, but it doesn’t.

The back 6 has been the same for like 1-2 seasons now, regardless of the rule change I don't even think that ever occurred to have a prepared backup.

Even before EVW went injured we got smashed in the JLT, so something was very clearly wrong there and was wrong at the practice match with Geelong behind closed doors where we reportedly lost.

So that's weeks to months to adjust before the season even begins and we didn't even begin to change things up until like Round 3 of the season. I think that speaks for itself.

The back 6 has been the same for like 1-2 seasons now, regardless of the rule change I don't even think that ever occurred to have a prepared backup.

Even before EVW went injured we got smashed in the JLT, so something was very clearly wrong there and was wrong at the practice match with Geelong behind closed doors where we reportedly lost.

So that's weeks to months to adjust before the season even begins and we didn't even begin to change things up until like Round 3 of the season. I think that speaks for itself.

The backline aren't the problem mate.

The backline aren't the problem mate.

Never said it was the problem, just noting that the gameplan revolved around the structure which involves the same backline of which Brad admitted Maj was important to it.

And he said the same of Garner too. And has said the same about Jacobs publicly.

In summary, thats all plans revolving around unavailable to frequently injured players of which there is no clear Plan B that works.

Unfortunately our Organic Growth was Ambushed by an Aberration of Easy Fixes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was suggested we draft Luke Ryan, we decided Declan Watson was the better option. He'll be delisted at seasons end.

It was suggested we draft Brody Mihocek who was playing for our affiliate Werribee at the time- nope couldn't even call his name in the rookie draft. And I ******* hope when we finally play the Pies later this season he kicks 15.

Geebus Billy- If that pelican Scott is now blaming Maj due to him not being available, I now wish we'd never drafted Majak and he went to say the Hawks, probably be the best footballer in the comp.

Suggested by who?

With mid season draft coming up....
Declan Mountford will almost certainly get snaffled up.... become a great player and given a chance to shine.
I hope so anyway, proving the point Brad has no idea with developing talent.

I feel like I'd enjoy this thread more if I didn't have that ****ing annoying Glenn Frey song playing in my head every time I read it.

Wtf were you thinking, gk?

Any experience with water coolers and remote desktop access?

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Or until they're ready.

Simpkin & Larkey are only starting to emerge now.

For mine this is comment is pretty significant. The call to play our younger players for the sake of simply exposing them to senior footy assuming development will happen in parallel is arguably optimism in the extreme. FWIW clubs like Hawthorn and Geelong appear to have built dare I say it the systems to prepare their newbies for senior football and North is attempting to do the same. Whether our systems are working is the debatable point.

I could have typed that response for you.

It's just lazy crap.

I'm just struggling to follow the logic a bit. You want young players in Ahern and LDU to stay in the VFL so they can gain the fitness and skills to play AFL football, even though those standards aren't really being displayed by much of the senior team anyway. They also don't seem to apply to someone like Garner, who is rushed straight back into the team despite not being close to the fitness levels required (and it has showed against sides that aren't Carlton's reserves). Why does he not need to gain fitness in the VFL?

There is plenty of evidence to show young midfielders develop quickly playing senior football, even though you deem this "irrelevant" as it doesn't align with your own view. I think a far bigger issue is the positional inflexibility of our coaching staff when it comes to the roles they see players in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back