Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I get where you're coming from. But people have different capacities, and social responses can be practical.

There are a lot of missionaries and foreign aid workers who get no respect from me. They are being practical but often their practical help is ill-suited to the problem, and driven by other motives that run counter to the goals of the population they are interfering with.
I agree with missionaries and foreign aid workers - these are political/social climbers or careerists doing it for their own advancement. True social justice is rare, because it is hard.

It's amazing how often these one-line accusations actually suit the poster themselves far more than their intended target.
What would you like to debate. The negative effects of high immigration on the environment and on local jobs ("RACIST"). The hypocrisy and dangers of modern feminism ("SEXIST"). The hypocrisy and effects on freedom of speech when discussing extreme religions ("ISLAMOPHOB").

What would you like to debate. The negative effects of high immigration on the environment and on local jobs ("RACIST"). The hypocrisy and dangers of modern feminism ("SEXIST"). The hypocrisy and effects on freedom of speech when discussing extreme religions ("ISLAMOPHOB").
Go ahead.

Is it wrong to try to help others?
In many cases, yes, it may well be.

People on here will often go on at length about our evil and ignorant forebears. Those white ancestors of ours who took Aboriginal children from their parents, who placed single mothers into Catholic-run sweatshops, fought in world wars to curtail the ambitions of... some other mob at the time. And they'll lament those actions, call them evil, develop a hatred of "white folks" because of their supposedly racist history.

But in most cases, their motivation was not racist, nor evil. It was simply that they thought they were doing the right thing, according to the standards and beliefs of the time. If a society genuinely believes it is helping an Aboriginal child have a better life by taking it from its mother and placing it with a white family, then how is that society evil?

There's no such thing as good or evil. There is only emotion, and rationalism, and the conflict between the two when out of balance.

Condemning people on moral grounds doesn't achieve anything at all.
Understanding both the motivation behind, and the consequence of our actions does.

Last edited:
The classic example of helping others ultimately being seen as wrong are lobotomies. Genuinely believed at the time as being a cure for any kind of mental illness, the pioneer won a Nobel prize for his work, and he often did it for free as he believed he was genuinely helping people. These days we’d be horrified if someone was lobotomised for depression.

The classic example of helping others ultimately being seen as wrong are lobotomies. Genuinely believed at the time as being a cure for any kind of mental illness, the pioneer won a Nobel prize for his work, and he often did it for free as he believed he was genuinely helping people. These days we’d be horrified if someone was lobotomised for depression.
See a lot of lobotomised people at West Coast home games
Doesn't seem to be helping

It's not wrong. But rather than actually helping, the SJW types are mostly engaged in Ralph Wiggum style helping, which is usually the opposite to helping.

View attachment 602829
”The SJW types”.

Was talking to one of these on the weekend. Proudly accepts the title - why wouldn’t you be for social justice?

He’s a teacher who volunteers at St Vinnies and other places.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

”The SJW types”.

Was talking to one of these on the weekend. Proudly accepts the title - why wouldn’t you be for social justice?

He’s a teacher who volunteers at St Vinnies and other places.
Of course you would be proud of the title when you think you're virtuous and a moral compass for everyone else.

And we've had this discussion before I'm sure - social justice isn't a thing. Just justice.

Except he doesn't do any of that.

I think the of the video could be viewed as satirical - such is the ridiculousness of it. I was laughing at some of those articles in the background, I mean people being pulled over the coals because they were cooking and selling Mexican food but they're not Mexican.

The satire even though real is how people get their nose out of joint over such things :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back