Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we looking for a reason that a person in a position of influence and privileged information buying into a company about to benefit from government decisions is not a big deal?

It's ok if Pelosi is a corrupt swamp creature. I expect all of them are.
No, you said that the purchase was due to inside knowledge. I don’t know how she manages her money.

Look, if the jump was due to the contract and Pelosi knew, then I absolutely agree its an issue. However, we're down from Microsoft jumping hugely in April (when if it was really a reaction to this news you'd expect the jump to be immediately after the announcement) to out-performing the NASDAQ by a few points.

And did Pelosi even know? Wouldn't contracts be managed by the executive, not congress? Have you got anything to show that Pelosi even knew about this?

The left are the white supremacist, the right are the 'normal' folks who simply wants to speak their mind in order continue their supremacist thoughts.

Left, right, no difference, if you move towards the left far enough, you end up on the right.

corruption is exactly what left based employment discrimination is.

this is happening throughout Numerous industries.

qualified men are being denied their basic right to gain new employmemt on merit in so many industries which have gender hiring targets that simply don’t match the supply of female candidates.

Discussed on GD.

You've read it wrong.

QPS hierarchy gave themselves a target and pushed unfair practices out to the front line.

It seems 6 officers were allowed in with lower standards, but graduated properly.

It seems 200 male officers were discriminated against.

Calling the QPS "the left" is perhaps not reflective of the institution's political leanings.

Discussed on GD.

You've read it wrong.

QPS hierarchy gave themselves a target and pushed unfair practices out to the front line.

It seems 6 officers were allowed in with lower standards, but graduated properly.

Calling the QPS "the left" is perhaps not reflective of the institution's political leanings.
GD??

the policy is one that only exists because of the left. the Police department, regardless of which ways it’s leaders are politically inclined, are only trying to implement such policies because of the push from the left. They ultimately report to the left wing Labour queensland government. The public serice also tries to avoid bad media press. Gender quotas is one of the media’s hot button topics.

A generation removed from the ******* Fitzgerald Enquiry and some are clutching pearls because a few knuckle draggers didn’t get in on the first go.

We surely miss the days when the QPS did proper good old fashioned corruption.

As long as standards are not lowered to accommodate women I'm all for it.

Great analogies and common sense here >

Good video, but in the case of state police (whom people depend on for their lives) there has very much been a lowering of standards in order to recruit 50% female because.... reasons.

the policy is one that only exists because of the left
Which is good.

But the QPS hierarchy used it to pump their own tyres rather than make real institutional change.

People giving themselves soft targets to make themselves look good. Can’t be bothered doing the hard yards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as standards are not lowered to accommodate women I'm all for it.
But in this case, the 6 female officers graduated.

I would say it is difficult to pick winners at the start of a course. The pretence is that the minimum standards for entry are irrefutable indicators of future success. They have been shown not to be, in this case and many others such as US college admissions (I think the college admissions thing is from a Taleb book?).

This is what I think it means to make institutional change. Really honestly evaluating the whole system. Accepting fallibility, improving based on data.

But in this case, the 6 female officers graduated.

I would say it is difficult to pick winners at the start of a course. The pretence is that the minimum standards for entry are irrefutable indicators of future success. They have been shown not to be, in this case and many others such as US college admissions (I think the college admissions thing is from a Taleb book?).

This is what I think it means to make institutional change. Really honestly evaluating the whole system. Accepting fallibility, improving based on data.
Probably didn't make it clear enough but I was speaking generally, hence why I said I was all for it.

Speaking generally do you think standards should be lowered to accommodate anyone(let alone women), if any man can't meet the physical or academic standards and what ever else is required they don't get in to various jobs around the place that require particular skills.

Speaking generally do you think standards should be lowered to accommodate anyone(let alone women), if any man can't meet the physical or academic standards and what ever else is required they don't get in to various jobs around the place that require particular skills.
It's a tricky one.

If the standards in place have basically been modelled on a male scale, but don't actually give an indicator of success, then yes "reduce" them.

Yes, you're probably going to send your biggest, fightingest bloke into a drug lab first up. You probably need those types of officers. But not all officers have to be tall, heavy guys. It's perfectly reasonable to say we need a balance of genders, brains, brawn, diplomacy, strength and so on.

Last edited:
It's a tricky one.

If the standards in place have basically been modelled on a male scale, but don't actually give an indicator of success, then yes reduce them.

Yes, you're probably going to send your biggest, fightingest bloke into a drug lab first up. You probably need those types of officers. But not all officers have to be tall, heavy guys. It's perfectly reasonable to say we need a balance of genders, brains, brawn, diplomacy, strength and so on.
Reasonable post is reasonable, but I believe that the pendulum has swung too far towards political correctness rather than a meritocracy. I'm happy for companies like Woolies to have quotas, if you stuff up someone's bag of groceries it doesn't result in anyone dying.

I currently supervise a crew that includes a 24 year old male vet who served in Iraq. He is incredibly disciplined, fit, compassionate, and just exceptionally competent and confident. He has applied for VicPol and they are really stuffing him around. He was told by a recruiter that if this was 15 years ago, he'd be waved through into the force. In modern times he has to wait months until enough women have been recruited before he gets his chance.

Discussed on GD.

You've read it wrong.

QPS may not be 'the left' yet the argument is constantly made by progressives that this kind of affirmative action doesn't lead to discrimination. I myself took that on faith, and assumed to a degree that it was all right wing hysteria, but I guess this example proves they have a point.

It's a tricky one.

If the standards in place have basically been modelled on a male scale, but don't actually give an indicator of success, then yes "reduce" them.

How much of police work is busting into a drug lab?

How much of police work is busting into a drug lab?
2% of Aussies are allegedly hooked on meth. My neighbour got called in for it, the two female respondents ended up with broken wrists/arms. He's in prison, but Jesus, why the * would you send a female team to a meth meltdown (which are extremely common).

2% of Aussies are allegedly hooked on meth. My neighbour got called in for it, the two female respondents ended up with broken wrists/arms. He's in prison, but Jesus, why the fu** would you send a female team to a meth meltdown (which are extremely common).

Wouldn't have mattered if they were male, if it was meth-rage.
In any event, most male coppers couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Reasonable post is reasonable, but I believe that the pendulum has swung too far towards political correctness rather than a meritocracy. I'm happy for companies like Woolies to have quotas, if you stuff up someone's bag of groceries it doesn't result in anyone dying.

I currently supervise a crew that includes a 24 year old male vet who served in Iraq. He is incredibly disciplined, fit, compassionate, and just exceptionally competent and confident. He has applied for VicPol and they are really stuffing him around. He was told by a recruiter that if this was 15 years ago, he'd be waved through into the force. In modern times he has to wait months until enough women have been recruited before he gets his chance.
And if that’s what they need, that’s what they need. My nephew is still waiting to hear back from the army after a few years.

You crew member sounds like someone who should get his chance. Hope he does.

My brother is a serving member of VicPol (got in first go at 37 btw). His biggest complaint is the new probationer who spends all day with their hands reaching for the CS spray. They need to be able to talk their way out of incidents. The calibre of the people coming through is high but the female officers get the deescalation message more quickly.

The first skill set for these guys isn’t “be 6’3” and nine axe handles across the shoulders”. There’s a need for the first guy through the meth lab door but most policing isn’t that.

QPS may not be 'the left' yet the argument is constantly made by progressives that this kind of affirmative action doesn't lead to discrimination.
What? Obviously if the people acted dishonestly it could lead to any number of unfair results.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back