Politics Hypocrisy of The Right.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you can find evidence of the same person saying exactly that, it's certainly hypocrisy. If not, that's a strawman.

Its not a strawman when its literally a well known fact. They refused to serve a gay couple because they feel they chose their life style. They CHOSE to be gay. The same logic they now apply to masks. They CHOOSE not to wear them, so you cant refuse to serve them!

Its called hypocrisy. Both sides do it, left, right and even centrists do it. The right however is particularly proud of their heritage around being hypocrites.

Its not a strawman when its literally a well known fact. They refused to serve a gay couple because they feel they chose their life style. They CHOSE to be gay. The same logic they now apply to masks. They CHOOSE not to wear them, so you cant refuse to serve them!
It is definitively a strawman unless you can find a real human who has said both things. Until then, it is a hypothetical creation made to expose supposed hypocrisy from the opposite side of an argument; in short, a strawman.
Its called hypocrisy. Both sides do it, left, right and even centrists do it. The right however is particularly proud of their heritage around being hypocrites.
It can be called whatever it likes. This is not evidence of right wing ideas or of actual hypocrisy.

Extend the standards you would provide to your side of an argument to those opposite.

It is definitively a strawman unless you can find a real human who has said both things. Until then, it is a hypothetical creation made to expose supposed hypocrisy from the opposite side of an argument; in short, a strawman.

It can be called whatever it likes. This is not evidence of right wing ideas or of actual hypocrisy.

Extend the standards you would provide to your side of an argument to those opposite.

Do you want to go to the Hypocrisy of the Left thread and apply this same stance? Because it'll upset people there.

This is the internet, that is a meme, and a meme that is disconcertingly believable. Because we have seen evidence of conservatives refusing to do both. Both the same person? No. Not on video or audio, yet. But we do know for a fact they have done both these things and that, good sir, is hypocrisy.

Do you want to go to the Hypocrisy of the Left thread and apply this same stance? Because it'll upset people there.

This is the internet, that is a meme, and a meme that is disconcertingly believable. Because we have seen evidence of conservatives refusing to do both. Both the same person? No. Not on video or audio, yet. But we do know for a fact they have done both these things and that, good sir, is hypocrisy.
I apply precisely this standard to both threads, both of which I see as a waste of time and effort by otherwise thinking people.

It's why - if you go over my posting in both threads - I insist on the posts within these threads actually being on topic; people are not within them to argue a point or to do much more than score points. Point scoring should have no place in political discourse; that it does is a blight on us.

I apply precisely this standard to both threads, both of which I see as a waste of time and effort by otherwise thinking people.

It's why - if you go over my posting in both threads - I insist on the posts within these threads actually being on topic; people are not within them to argue a point or to do much more than score points. Point scoring should have no place in political discourse; that it does is a blight on us.

So basically the internet is a bad place for discussion. Because it literally boils down to point scoring.

There's evidence of the cake/guy situation, whether a meme is disconcertingly believable doesn't equate to evidence or fact.

There's evidence of the cake/guy situation, whether a meme is disconcertingly believable doesn't equate to evidence or fact.

I dont recall stating it was absolutely factual, but the fact that the right would immediately argue that it isnt and it's not the same is alarming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So basically the internet is a bad place for discussion. Because it literally boils down to point scoring.
Not really. Hypocrisy - or accusations of it - are really what irritates me.

At what point in the entirety of history has hypocrisy alone ever made someone incorrect? Not right or wrong, factually incorrect?

You said "we know for a fact" seems pretty absolute to me.

By we I mean those of us who can see right wing hypocrisy. I understand that might be difficult for you to also see.

Not really. Hypocrisy - or accusations of it - are really what irritates me.

At what point in the entirety of history has hypocrisy alone ever made someone incorrect? Not right or wrong, factually incorrect?

What makes you believe the same people who refuse to accept serving people of a different sexuality wouldnt have any chance of fighting back against the so called oppressive stance of wearing masks?

By we I mean those of us who can see right wing hypocrisy. I understand that might be difficult for you to also see.

What makes you believe the same people who refuse to accept serving people of a different sexuality wouldnt have any chance of fighting back against the so called oppressive stance of wearing masks?

I understand you have difficulty with facts.

... which doesn't answer the question I posed.

Hypocrisy alone does not make someone's statements incorrect.

Oh look, evidence of a hippocratic conservative right wing leader.

Boris uses conservatism to stoke fear and patriotism in Brexit but doesnt care about his own countries nurses. He clapped for them. Clapped. But he doesn't agree with empty gestures.

Gethelred is correct that its not certain hypocrisy, as it may be different people making those claims. But iBeng , if you want to do the research I'm sure it would be pretty easy to do. There were plenty of right-wing pundits making both of those calls, finding ones where the two groups intersect with the same individuals is likely not very difficult.

Best example I can think of is masks in the US, a lot of my body my choice rhetoric coming from the same people who no doubt are fiercely anti abortion.
Not hypocrisy. You can be anti-abortion simply because you elevate the perceived rights of the foetus. Which makes abortion the conflict of two individual's rights. Masks definitely don't have intrinsic rights!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back