I heard the most sickening thing at school today...

Remove this Banner Ad

Given your earlier response, why am I not surprised that you used to have a bird?

Standard reply from someone who usually has nothing to say.

My point was that not everyone keeps their pet bird locked in a cage. I know it's easy and mindless to slap a stereotype on someone without stopping to consider another possibility, so why bother, right?

If I was the type of person to slap a label on someone, I'd say you're one of those greenies who flies off the handle before the other person gets a chance to speak. If I was the type of person to label someone, that is.

Standard reply from someone who usually has nothing to say.

My point was that not everyone keeps their pet bird locked in a cage. I know it's easy and mindless to slap a stereotype on someone without stopping to consider another possibility, so why bother, right?

If I was the type of person to slap a label on someone, I'd say you're one of those greenies who flies off the handle before the other person gets a chance to speak. If I was the type of person to label someone, that is.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

And where did I say that 'all' people who have pet birds keep them locked in cages? Typical strawman argument from somebody whose hypocrisy has been pointed out.

Mind you, I'm yet to meet somebody who has a 'pet' bird which they can let fly into open air and have it return. Can you let your birds go into open air (wings unclipped) and expect them to return?

If so, you are in an incredibly tiny minority.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

And where did I say that 'all' people who have pet birds keep them locked in cages? Typical strawman argument from somebody whose hypocrisy has been pointed out.

I never said anything hypocritical. This was your comment earlier..

Given your earlier response, why am I not surprised that you used to have a bird?

You're assuming that anyone who owns a bird would have them locked up and then defend it. This simply isn't the case.

It's not unusual to let a bird fly free and have it return, pigeons do it all the time. If you treat them right then they have a reason to come back, I'm not sure why that concept is so strange to you.

What proportion of people who keep birds for 'pets' let them fly free in the open, do you reckon?

Not many, but I'm not sure how that's relevant. I gave a true example in my 2nd post of how it's possible to have a pet bird and not confine it to a small space.

You then made the assumption that I was defending the idea of keeping them trapped, when in fact I was saying the exact opposite.

Unless you didn't believe my story, I would have thought you'd agree with what I posted. This is a weird argument but let's let the thread go back on topic.

**** society is getting to a point that it's becoming almost unbearable. You had the Werribee Seven and you hear these kinds of stories that are just, well there's no good word to say it.

**** society is getting to a point that it's becoming almost unbearable. You had the Werribee Seven and you hear these kinds of stories that are just, well there's no good word to say it.

Unfortunately, it's technology that's to blame, these idiots want to be heroes, so they think doing horrible things & recording it, gives them 15 minutes of fame. :rolleyes:

I started a thread about it on the "Question Time board" & got bagged for it. Yes in the days before computers & mobile phones that record videos, some people did cruel/stupid things. But now a days, it seems people are doing horrible things more, because it can be recorded.

Not many, but I'm not sure how that's relevant. I gave a true example in my 2nd post of how it's possible to have a pet bird and not confine it to a small space.

You then made the assumption that I was defending the idea of keeping them trapped, when in fact I was saying the exact opposite.

Unless you didn't believe my story, I would have thought you'd agree with what I posted. This is a weird argument but let's let the thread go back on topic.

Disagree with much of that, but you are right that we should allow this thread to get back on topic. Cheers. :thumbsu:

Sick ****...it makes me ****ing mad to think that anyone gets enjoyment or thinks its cool or makes you look tough to do this.

I hope they find him and this time give him a real punishment rather than a slap on the wrist because it is a serious crime.

Unfortunately, it's technology that's to blame, these idiots want to be heroes, so they think doing horrible things & recording it, gives them 15 minutes of fame. :rolleyes:

I started a thread about it on the "Question Time board" & got bagged for it. Yes in the days before computers & mobile phones that record videos, some people did cruel/stupid things. But now a days, it seems people are doing horrible things more, because it can be recorded.

On the other hand, you could argue that the proliferation of technology has made the events seem to occur more often because they are receiving more publicity, because the videos are there.

Either way, a bit of mob justice would do these ***** some good.

I will pay some good money for this ****ers details. People like that deserve to be taught a lesson and unfortunately the law wont do. Whilst i'd love to smash him to within a couple of inches of his life, there are many ways to skin a cat (terrible pun) and i'd take great pleasure at systamaticaly causing this ****wit grief in his life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back