scottydeewah

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
New England Patriots
I am sick and tired of the pessimism that has entwined itself into the footballing hearts of my fellow supporters. I know we are along suffering but I want it to stop NOW. When we play a cr@p team like Collingwood or Carlton or Essendon or Hawthorn I want disdain bordering on disrespect for the team they are putting on the park. When there supporters come in here and start bagging our club and/or team rip their bloody heads off and gang tackle them like an ablett/chappy special! We are a fantastic side and I expect nothing less than a win every game. We should not be happy with good performances resulting in a loss nor should we be happy with anything less than a f******** spanking of those teams who are struggling this season.

I do not want to see any more Geelong supporters who do not strongly believe that we are a BLOODY FANTASTIC SIDE. No more “I will just be happy if we get the four points” or “it was a good effort”. Hurt when we lose, hurt bad. Be proud of the effort but DO NOT ACCEPT THE LOSE. We should not lose, to ANYONE!

We are GEELONG the GREATEST team off all.

I will exclude names cause I am nice

i don't blame you, pretty poor that some of our fans have to start crap like this.

After I started a thread that we should beat Carlton by ten goals.

Then again, don't want to be getting too ahead of ourselves. I just wanna win.

Same thread. Just winning IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

And there are many others they are just some examples of the last few days. ENOUGH the pessimism should stop NOW. Embrace this mighty club and this CHAMPION TEAM. Be proud and most importantly....BE LOUD. For we rock and we should let everyone know about it!

Don't confuse people disliking your over the top style with being pessimistic.

You can disrespect opposition supporters and clubs all you like, doesn't show you to be any more passionate then the next bloke, simply one who goes off on the odd misplaced tirade.

simply one who goes off on the odd misplaced tirade

Lol... :eek: who me?

I am not asking for outright disrespect, you can leave that too me, just a bit more self belief. But at the same time if someone comes on our board and knocks our team, tells us they will or should have won a game, spank them back to there own board. We are ALMIGHTY

Your sentiments are great, but 'self belief' isn't coming on here and talking trash about our opposition.

Bigfooty rule number 56: It's all about timing.

You see Scotty, you can easily go ahead and say all these outrageous things
before the game, but why leave yourself open?

Simply act gracious during the week getting on the opposing posters good side, then after we win give them heaps. Its a simple theory, but the again so is communism.

So during the week is when you let out all the "danger game" , "they are a team to watch" and "we cannot take this one to lightly". Then after the game you are more than welcome to vent your spleen so to speak. Hell, if you're a good boy Phat might even introduce the offical vent your spleen sticky especially for after games where you can curse about anything relevant to the game.

Now that is an idea!

Hang on, did I miss something here? Is this bloke saying that he's not willing to read someone from say....the kangaroos post a "GO ROOS" or "BRING IT ON CATS!" comment? Part of being a supporter is having to deal with other people's comments, surely something as innocent as that can't offend you too much. It's what makes things more interesting, but there is a line.

Cheers,
Chris

A win every game is impossible. Winning by massive margins every week is impossible. We don't have the resources to train our team to that dizzy height, nor do we have the manpower on our list to sustain such an effort.

I'd say, Scotty, that the fans you're talking about are at the least, realists. Realists who tolerate the supporters of other teams, quietly assuring themselves that no matter what, our team is superior in spirit, which is why we don't go for another team. Realists who can recognise a good effort and take positives out of a bad result, work on them, and move on. Belief doesn't have to be shared or proclaimed. It's enough just to believe.

Is this bloke saying that he's not willing to read someone from say....the kangaroos post a "GO ROOS" or "BRING IT ON CATS!" comment? Part of being a supporter is having to deal with other people's comments, surely something as innocent as that can't offend you too much. It's what makes things more interesting, but there is a line.

No I am not. What I am trying to say is when Richmond or Carlton or Collingwood (amongst others) fans come into our board we should tell them politely but firmly:

YOUR TEAM IS CR@P AND COULDNT COME WITHING 10 GOALS OF THE MIGHTY CATS WITHOUT SOME FORM OF MINOR MIRACLE.

Like this weekend. We will beat you. If we play our game there is NO WAY you can beat us. If we play poorly you may beat us but even then you would have to play at your peak and hope we play bad. That could happen, but I doubt it. It wont be a 10 goal thumping cause the Kangas are a pretty good team. You are pretty good....WE ARE DAMN FANTASTIC. Its just the law of the jungle.

scottydeewah said:
No I am not. What I am trying to say is when Richmond or Carlton or Collingwood (amongst others) fans come into our board we should tell them politely but firmly:

YOUR TEAM IS CR@P AND COULDNT COME WITHING 10 GOALS OF THE MIGHTY CATS WITHOUT SOME FORM OF MINOR MIRACLE.

Like this weekend. We will beat you. If we play our game there is NO WAY you can beat us. If we play poorly you may beat us but even then you would have to play at your peak and hope we play bad. That could happen, but I doubt it. It wont be a 10 goal thumping cause the Kangas are a pretty good team. You are pretty good....WE ARE DAMN FANTASTIC. Its just the law of the jungle.

Ah ok, I see where this is headed now. To be perfectly honest mate, you are now coming across as way too arrogant. Now I can only judge you based on what you have written. Yeah sure you can win this week, I don't doubt the fact that there is a chance, but in all honesty, it's nothing more than that. It's not a certainty -- remembering the bulldogs beating brisbane etc.

Anyway, I don't think that abusing people is the best way to go about things. Sure, if they abuse first, but based on the way I see your point of view, you should have already insulted me simply because I posted here. Hope it's not directed at those few teams you mentioned, because as much as I hate them, a lot of supporters are respectable people.

Anyway, all the crap aside, I think it will be a good game this week, am looking forward to it. But yeah, I'm not exactly sure what your main point is, yep I've probably missed it but here's hoping the arrogance doesn't continue (and that's the way I see it, doesn't mean it's true -- quite happy to be wrong in this case).

LOL.

MY point is. 3 or 4 times this year people have come into our room and bagged, our Captain, our Ottens, our Team. And nobody gives them the caining of their life. Now last week maybe it was arrogant of me to start a thread saying we will pump Carlton by 10 goals. But it is the TRUTH, I was shown as being correct and they couldnt beat us without some kind of minor miracle. Yet people were in there who were Geelong supporters coming out with "I just hope we win" yadda yadda, disgraceful. I meet many people down at KP who do nothing but show pessimism because our club hasnt won shizzle in 40 years. I dont like it. I want people to have unwaivering support and belief in our team. We are 2nd on the ladder, start acting like it. Arrogance maybe, but damn it if I cant be arrogant when my team rocks, then when can I be?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not sure what you are on, but no way are we head and shoulders above any team. we are a team built on a bunch of very even and talented players but a team that at this stage doesn't have a Champion in its side, whether we can win the flag without that champion player remains to be seen but the boys r doing a good job but from my point of view and unless we win the flag come september this whole season will be just another waste, i agree we can't be happy with another prem final or grand final loss, we have a good even team and if Playfair and Ottens stand up come september we have a good shot at it, i feel the Saints r our main dangers thats for sure and that there best might be the only thing stopping us, only time will tell.
But no time to get arrogant cause we haven't earnt that respect just yet.

not sure what you are on, but no way are we head and shoulders above any team. we are a team built on a bunch of very even and talented players but a team that at this stage doesn't have a Champion in its side, whether we can win the flag without that champion player remains to be seen but the boys r doing a good job but from my point of view and unless we win the flag come september this whole season will be just another waste, i agree we can't be happy with another prem final or grand final loss, we have a good even team and if Playfair and Ottens stand up come september we have a good shot at it, i feel the Saints r our main dangers thats for sure and that there best might be the only thing stopping us, only time will tell.
But no time to get arrogant cause we haven't earnt that respect just yet.

but no way are we head and shoulders above any team

On a par with
Saints
Melbourne
WC
Lions

Better Than
Port
Freo
Roos

Much Better Than
Crows
Sydney
Bulldogs
Hawks

SO MUCH BETTER THAN THEY COLDNT SEE OUR @RSE WITH THE HUBBLE TELESCOPE
Carlton
Collingwood
Essendon
Richmond

Amen.

Champion TEAM not a Team of CHAMPIONS

Matty Scarlett is one.
And Ottens will by the time he leaves our club.

scarlett is as close to a champion as we have but i don't think Ottens will ever be a champion but he may prove very important come finals.

scottydeewah said:
LOL.

MY point is. 3 or 4 times this year people have come into our room and bagged, our Captain, our Ottens, our Team. And nobody gives them the caining of their life.
Its not that we dont care about our Club its that we dont give a toss what others say about us as their opinion means Jack ********

scottydeewah said:
Now last week maybe it was arrogant of me to start a thread saying we will pump Carlton by 10 goals. But it is the TRUTH, I was shown as being correct and they couldnt beat us without some kind of minor miracle. Yet people were in there who were Geelong supporters coming out with "I just hope we win" yadda yadda, disgraceful.

Its not disgraceful its a fact. I was expecting a 5 to 10 goal win but I didnt care if it was 3 or 4. We are not playing as well as we can and thatis great as it is only round 9. Let these others chest beat about how good they are at Subiaco or that they have the best team of draft concessions in teh AFL history. I want Wins and ive heard it all before so it doesnt get to me.

scottydeewah said:
I meet many people down at KP who do nothing but show pessimism because our club hasnt won shizzle in 40 years. I dont like it. I want people to have unwaivering support and belief in our team. We are 2nd on the ladder, start acting like it. Arrogance maybe, but damn it if I cant be arrogant when my team rocks, then when can I be?

Arrogance is ok if you have a cup in the cupboard and are sitting outside the 8 , all these guys have to say is ...come talk to me when you win a Flag...Harsh but totally true. We dont have the luxury. I hate Cat fans that say oh Yea 2nd is good ..........Well it aint Alright!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have had decades of tems that have thought that and its about time (and it is starting to show) that we knuckle down for the ultimate.

Dont get all high and cocky about sitting 2nd it means jack. Were you ********ting in you nappies throughout the 90s, or have you forgotten that we had one of our best teams in our history only to come away with a $5 mill debt and no flags.

Passion is great but dont mistake passion for short lived cockieness. Time to unleash is in October when we have a new Flag then watch this place go nuts!!!!!!!!!!!

You better get into Thompson:

"I didn't care how we won tonight or by how much," he said.

"We were really pleased with the victory - especially after what happened last week to Carlton. We thought they were going to bounce back and make it a real contest and they did that in the second quarter so just to win was nice.

"To win by 70 points, well we'll take that too, and we'll take the flood of goals at the end. It's good to enjoy footy and let the players just play."

From here

Looks like Thommo would have been happy with "Just a win", didn't care how or how much we won by, as long as we won.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back