Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
So he had a detached retina in one eye already....maybe that might have been why he was misjudging marking contests before the final blow?
Mason Cox is one pretty tough dude.

What about all the other misjudged marks before he was legally blind?
Never mind that.

Like your avatar.

But like your wit, King Kong Bundy is dead. RIP.

Factoid: Al Bundy of Married with Children was reputedly named after the wrestler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Begs the question...what happens when you are illegally blind?
You do what Paul Hogan did in a sketch.
Be “blind” seek money in a Cup then
When nobody looking start counting the money

What exactly does pretty much legally blind constitute? Because the Australian standard is not being able to see something at 6 metres which someone with normal vision (I assume 20:20) can see at 60. It’s a bit click baity to make that the headline.

I was listening to the interview and I think the article buried the lead. Two points that weren’t drilled down on were the surgery on the “good eye” no follow up on whether that was impacting his ability to read the ball in flight. We then have him needing to be on his back for 45 minutes of every hr which they didn’t go into depth on. Great insight from Mason, but the interview was s**t (to be expected from Brown not so much Edmund).

Surely this should mean that the first pick in the draft has to be a key position forward?
Cox might not be the same player again. Chris Dawes certainly wasn’t after he had laser eye surgery.

Surely this should mean that the first pick in the draft has to be a key position forward?
Cox might not be the same player again. Chris Dawes certainly wasn’t after he had laser eye surgery.
Chris Dawes wasn’t much of a player before it tbf. Good enough to keep Chicken Dance Anthony out but that’s about it.

Last edited:
Chris Dawes wasn’t much of a player before it tbf. Good enough to keep Chicekn Dance Anthony out but that’s about it.

Savage post is savage. :tearsofjoy:

Weren't Dawes' issues were more to do with the hand injury than his vision.

Weren't Dawes' issues were more to do with the hand injury than his vision.

It was vision and being told to "volley ball" palm it down to control where it lands. Sometimes in his last 2 years with us, he didn't even have the intent to mark.

Also another issue is he used to close his eyes at the point of marking, very hard to mark a ball consistently when you close your eyes. Imade a collage of him and cloke showinmg the difference when they are marking.

A lot of Dawes marks (not all better clarify because you know its BF and people always take everything to the nth degree) you will notice his eyes are shut as he takes it, T.Cloke was the opposite and would be like a possum at night.

The other one I remember that had vision problems was Arnie Briedis from North Melbourne. Barrassi used to can him for being hopeless on Friday nights till they found out his contact lenses were not functioning well under the Friday night lights!

Geoff Blethyn just wore his glasses!

this is what happens to you when you're far away from home and you are finding it hard to find a connection with aussie women.... and the next thing you know, you're doing things that lead you down the pathway of being "pretty much legally blind". I hope he has learnt his lesson...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back